BANANATHROW lvl100x2 proven;uber atziri capable ... (crit ele spectral mass dps and mf capable)

Sorry this may be a beginner question, but how can i handle chaos dmg before shavrons? Do i have to run a high life pool before adding shav or is flask enough or maybe both?
How do you survive using bloodrage without dying? Doesnt work for me.

NVM : Shavronne.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Dec 31, 2013, 12:49:29 PM
befor eu have shavs u remove 5 points from somewhere and go into ci (and the es nodes behind it).

Default es build then :)
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
"
Hossdelgado wrote:
Great build, is a powerhouse with the right gear. My tree is very similar, i dropped armor, mana and attack speed in the duelist area and went toward ranger for ballistic mastery, picking up mana and aura nodes on the way. I feel a bit safer with the range.
At the moment I sit at 52k ST selfbuffed with pcoc linked to it (ST, lmp, wed, LL, inc Crit dmg and pcoc)...Getting a 5off color shav would be ideal but is sooo hard!
Thanks again for the build!

My Tree

My gear
Spoiler

DPS: 52k
ES: 6.5k

I have 10 char 85+ and this is by far the most OP spec I tried so far. Thanks again for sharing =)

glad u like it though the nodes in the duelist area are basically only there for the +2 weapon range it felt very shitty without it. Id gladly pick the range in the ranger tree if i didnt have to pick that node (actually had that before crown andespecially boss fights become a breeze with those 25% proj speed).
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
ele spec throw builds are pretty amazing considering how little investment they need into a good dagger.

Only thing that concerns me though: does crown of eyes affect elemental damage too? Otherwise I wouldn't see it working in an ele build.

Also, why do you need the +2 weapon range? Weapon range does nothing to spectral throw, as far as I know

I should point out, by the way guys, that this build can work with a 400+ dps dagger and then you would end up doing both amazing physical and elemental damage. All of the nodes that are picked up here on the tree are for mainly physical damage anyway. With a 400 dps dagger, you can have like a 1.5k top end physical damage, and could even run hatred if you wanted.
Last edited by biggerboom on Dec 31, 2013, 2:12:36 PM
"
Flubby wrote:
"
Hossdelgado wrote:
Great build, is a powerhouse with the right gear. My tree is very similar, i dropped armor, mana and attack speed in the duelist area and went toward ranger for ballistic mastery, picking up mana and aura nodes on the way. I feel a bit safer with the range.
At the moment I sit at 52k ST selfbuffed with pcoc linked to it (ST, lmp, wed, LL, inc Crit dmg and pcoc)...Getting a 5off color shav would be ideal but is sooo hard!
Thanks again for the build!

My Tree

My gear
Spoiler

DPS: 52k
ES: 6.5k

I have 10 char 85+ and this is by far the most OP spec I tried so far. Thanks again for sharing =)

glad u like it though the nodes in the duelist area are basically only there for the +2 weapon range it felt very shitty without it. Id gladly pick the range in the ranger tree if i didnt have to pick that node (actually had that before crown andespecially boss fights become a breeze with those 25% proj speed).

Flubby, that Master of the Arena / "+2 to melee weapon and unarmed range" node...I thought it did not affect spec throw in any way...how does it affect it?

Edit: Sorry, just realized the person above me said the same thing. Sorry for the repeat. Still not sure about that node for spec throw.
Last edited by JackedPoEisfun on Dec 31, 2013, 4:57:51 PM
i read up on it some time ago and the conclusion was that it increases the dmg area of the throws. Feel fre to correct me with some developer post on that but thats what i researched some time ago + i definetly have the subjective feeling that the node increases hits quite a lot. My first test was without it and i hated it so much that i put the specc to dust for sveral weeks onl reviving it after i felt how it plays with weapon range while leveling the 65s ...

if u want to check it: use a 2h axe (max weapon range) and a dagger (min weapon range) and see how much less u suddenly hit with the dagger.

@crown: it definetly affects ele dmg thats why its so mad strong for this build sinc eu can suddenly get amounts of weapon elemental damage that u could usually not obtain ( obviously for good reason :D)

regarding that 400 dps daggers: you are right but heres the catch it needs to be 400 dps with high aps and there is a problem with phys dmg here. sinc eu dotn have any armor u run into problems with phys reflect using that high of a phys weapon. im currently using a 350 pdps one and it statrs getting scary on shockstacked reflect mobs.
Last edited by Flubby on Jan 1, 2014, 11:57:29 AM
have you tried using increased duration (+103%) with immortal call ? that makes you pretty much immune to physical damage, it will last around 1.8 with only 1 enduring charge

that wouldmake you use 2 different GWDT gems, but if you do use your power charge on crit with ST and dumb useless gems like portal, you will have enough slots

but my weapon doesnt have that much physical dmg, i dont know if you can oneshot yourself within the 0.2sec cdfrom the gwdt gem

IGN OneMonthHC: Twohundred
Last edited by Donodan on Jan 1, 2014, 12:39:12 PM
"
Flubby wrote:
i read up on it some time ago and the conclusion was that it increases the dmg area of the throws. Feel fre to correct me with some developer post on that but thats what i researched some time ago + i definetly have the subjective feeling that the node increases hits quite a lot. My first test was without it and i hated it so much that i put the specc to dust for sveral weeks onl reviving it after i felt how it plays with weapon range while leveling the 65s ...

I'd be glad to correct your placebo effect that you are passing on.
Source: Mark_GGG commenting on ST on Skill Feedback

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

Your build is plagued by the IAS placebo effect.
IAS does not increase the damage you do, as ST hits a target twice (or a maximum of 10 times if you do some fancy running but that is unrealistic so you cannot argue that you can pull that off over and over. It also is dependent on the actual damage done by the projectile not how fast you fire them)

Your entire bottom half of the tree is screwed over because of your acquisition of Master of the Arena, which as stated above, is useless. So the most effective route is to go next to Iron Grip.

In regards to gear:
Eye of Chayula: Permits the player to survive longer with chaos degen due to blood rage but has the offset of the player encountering issues with life leech being applied to ES, it would be notable for players to do their own calculations in regards to EoC being a valid choice).
Abyssus: Very useful, especially since we are getting so many bloody critical strikes we just need to have one additional granite flask (or potentially another flask with %armor buff) and all negatives of this helm are nullified.

There could be several improvements to the tree:
_ Conduit (It only is beneficial to your party members...)(+1pt)
_ Blood Drinker (2% Phys.Dmg LL)(-2pt)
_ Lava Lash (30% inc. fire dmg with weps)
_ Unwavering Stance (Unnecessary if EoC is used)(+2pt)(+2pt upon removal of Blood Drinker)
_ Iron Grip (beneficial for LL and ML)
_ Mana Geyser (replacement for Mana Flows)
_ Charisma (15% red mana res, 8% inc effect, 12% radius)
_ Ballistic Mastery (20% proj. speed(translates to +20% range with ST), 15% inc proj. dmg)
Last edited by sysop on Jan 1, 2014, 2:57:21 PM
Thanks for the clarification regarding Master of the Arena

I don't really see the problem with high IAS. Yes, ST hits only twice PER CAST, but the faster you cast the better, you get more projectiles that will each hit twice, or am I missing something?

Some comments regarding your gearing proposition
Eye of Chayula isn't a viable alternative in my opinion.
Unwavering stance is on your way to Vaal Pact and losing the amulet slot would mean a tremendous DPS loss (50+crit multi, WED and flat ele dmg).
Same for Abyssus, having no ES on the helmet would definetely make the ES pool too low (it's already not that large). Also I don't think one granite flask is enough to counter the effect of the +40% physical damage taken. With a high pDPS dagger and triple phys reflect (map mod, mob mod and shrine) this would most likely result in a swift death.
Not to mention the loss from not getting the DPS buff provided by Crown of Eyes.
Last edited by Haboryme on Jan 1, 2014, 5:56:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info