BANANATHROW lvl100x2 proven;uber atziri capable ... (crit ele spectral mass dps and mf capable)

hi,

i would like to start this build. but still dont know which weapon i should go for.

was thinking about loath bane.

any suggestions?

thx in advance
Loath bane is really cool if you have the money. That's more of fyndel's build than flubby's.

Flubby uses mostly ele dmg with a bit of phys damage on his dagger for mana leech. The advantage here is that as a result, he really doesn't have to worry about reflect.

Fyndels setup (JakeAlmighty uses it as well) is nice because it means you get another gem slot, you can get away with no leech gem. You need some way to deal with reflect however, either a cwdt ic setup (you hit something and leech back what you lost before the IC ends) or grace.

Both setups are solid, fyndel's is more expensive, you need more supporting gear to make it work, flubby's scales really well and deals with reflect a bit more easily, especially with acuities.

Acuities is a MUCH bigger deal than loath bane.
thanks for the detailed explanation. will have a look at fyndels build and decide afterwards which to follow.

guess i got enough currency piled up to afford both loath bane and acuities in standard now, only question left is if i should start it right away or should i wait until the new leagues start in august?

anyways all items used are still more than useful on other builds even if ggg decides to kill those builds.
"
reaperpi wrote:
Loath bane is really cool if you have the money. That's more of fyndel's build than flubby's.

Flubby uses mostly ele dmg with a bit of phys damage on his dagger for mana leech. The advantage here is that as a result, he really doesn't have to worry about reflect.

Fyndels setup (JakeAlmighty uses it as well) is nice because it means you get another gem slot, you can get away with no leech gem. You need some way to deal with reflect however, either a cwdt ic setup (you hit something and leech back what you lost before the IC ends) or grace.

Both setups are solid, fyndel's is more expensive, you need more supporting gear to make it work, flubby's scales really well and deals with reflect a bit more easily, especially with acuities.

Acuities is a MUCH bigger deal than loath bane.

Some of this information is wrong though. The part about needing a way to deal with reflect with fyndel's is only true if you don't use lioneyes paws, which most people have come to use nowadays. And from playing both, I would say fyndel's handles reflect better as well. It's also unfair to compare both builds as one assumes you have a mirrored dagger, and the other is played in new leagues.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Been saving up for this particular build for awhile now and am just starting to level up my Scion. Currently level 68 and am unsure of when I should spec out of the elemental buzzsaw build and make the switch to this build. Here is the gear I have accumulated for the transition.

Any advice on what level I should respec at and a updated tree to follow would be appreciated.
@Bonefide
@TUYOSHI
"
Bonefide wrote:
Been saving up for this particular build for awhile now and am just starting to level up my Scion. Currently level 68 and am unsure of when I should spec out of the elemental buzzsaw build and make the switch to this build. Here is the gear I have accumulated for the transition.

Any advice on what level I should respec at and a updated tree to follow would be appreciated.

You can respec now if you want ->

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bbWS2osZCDCW-eykrDOpu1GYotg5cGxKL7CfbaGo9WLax_RnHhiB2qtAyTJxzcf8YRlnC72RMvb52j_KvBxYhCkBtwVpoT29QOSOOEY0Py4cLsRwZfaqc0wFFw1XBS6ro8jlfJKPrr7riTpwiPRh0U-tIXL4bRJLCApFXWZOdmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxLTFl9BW9bk-225946KjwfNciuwYw22P-nvX

Trees are everywhere, something like this ->

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bbWS2osZCDCW-eykrDOpu1GYotg5cGxKL7CfbaGo9WLax_RnHhiB2qtAyTJxzcf8YRlnC72RMvb52j_KvBxYhCkBtwVpoT29TjhGND8uHC7EcGX2rAUXDVcFLqujyOV8ko-uvuuJOnCI9GHRT60hcvhtEksICkVdZk52aecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3EDH0Qf8aetMWX0Fb1uT7bbn3joqPB81yKbRktH0yzUDDbXg_EO3y4yisKwQDbGhB79Uu-OjQKN2YsppDWwBpZ85hvkn3lz-wYw22P-nvX2-c74eL3pysWQIV9
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Does anyone have a link to a life based version of this? I know that it won't be as powerful but I would really like to play something similar to this build in the 1 month league. All of the builds I find are either low life or physical ST.
"
FatRhys wrote:
Does anyone have a link to a life based version of this? I know that it won't be as powerful but I would really like to play something similar to this build in the 1 month league. All of the builds I find are either low life or physical ST.

You can try but it has serious weaknesses, getting auras, crit and life is a very difficult task and the end result is that you don't do that much more than the buzzsaw spec with 1-month level gear. As a result, it doesn't really feel like a complete spec, more a half-measure imho.

Either looks like this ->

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/935514

Sacrificing a lot of crit.

or,

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/752386

Sacrificing auras.

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 8, 2014, 4:55:02 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
FatRhys wrote:

You can try but it has serious weaknesses, getting auras, crit and life is a very difficult task and the end result is that you don't do that much more than the buzzsaw spec with 1-month level gear. As a result, it doesn't really feel like a complete spec, more a half-measure imho.

Either looks like this ->

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/935514

Sacrificing a lot of crit.

or,

Sacrificing auras.

Thank you! Just wanted to say that you are one of the most helpful poe players I've seen :)

Might just stick with ele buzzsaw unless I can find someone in my build who will be running auras.
Last edited by FatRhys on Jul 8, 2014, 5:12:20 AM
"
stzbttln wrote:

Some of this information is wrong though. The part about needing a way to deal with reflect with fyndel's is only true if you don't use lioneyes paws, which most people have come to use nowadays. And from playing both, I would say fyndel's handles reflect better as well. It's also unfair to compare both builds as one assumes you have a mirrored dagger, and the other is played in new leagues.

Dunno what I'm missing here, but care to elaborate the interaction of Paw's and reflect?
How can a build that deals mostly ele dmg, but leeches only phys dmg be better at handling reflect than an ele build that leeches on it's ele and phys dmg?

I see the higher dps of no life leech gem obv, playing around with a 5off Shavs with 1R atm. If that's needed or even better given a certain dps is a different question tho. For leveling it sure isn't.

If you're talking new build/new league which just passed the dps treshold to need vaal pact etc, that's obv not compareable with a mirror dagger, Acuity endgame build.

"
FatRhys wrote:

Life ele/phys dagger-crit I played in Domination for a while, should beat Buzzsaw but not by much. I swiched to low life spectral from that one btw, for obv. reasons.
I didn't update the guide for month so use with care.
IGN: Iski
Last edited by Balguez on Jul 8, 2014, 5:25:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info