[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

After discovering that the new leech also applies to mana, I'm wondering if this build is still viable, or even is incinerate as a whole a viable spell now, it seems that it's impossible to maintain the spell long enough due to lack of mana. Still didnt allocate my points in fear of wasting it on a dead build, also due to the LL change I'm considering switching to block based build with Cybil's for some life on spell hit.
The build isn't as strong as before the patch, but it is still viable. I just face tanked Dom last night with no issues on Merciless.
I made a few changes to this build:

Spoiler

sacrifed a bit of hp and mana in favor of IR, which opens more possibilities for armor (also no downside since you take Unwavering)

sacrifice 10% spell damage nodes (30% total) in favor of Iron Grip, which should add more than 30% for the amount of str taken

also added in sentinel for a good boost in armor + resist...but cost 1 more passive point

:D
Last edited by mondobogus on Mar 6, 2014, 4:11:49 PM
I respecced into the new tree you posted. Got more HP, around 250ish more, had 4.1K earlier now its 4350ish but lost about 70 DPS, went 1.7K to 1.6K. Apparently, I still have a few more HP nodes to take..

I also lost ALOT of mana regen, I had 240 per sec and now its a measly 171. :C

I cannot, for the life of me, see how this was in anyways a buff, except for the more max res. Leech is still doable of course, but with 6.25 casts of incinerate a second with lvl 19 AA, it feels a lot like running a weaker half-regen map.

Can't wait for you to tweak the trees out, I might run this on the new league as a witch.
On the new char I am leveling, I don't leech enough life. But on the char I made on dominion, I can still leech back life fast enough(using the scion tree as well). That last one gives me hope. It seems it's harder to get the correct amount of leech back, but it's still possible to get enough leech back.

Currently 60 in the new leagues - I'll keep you guys updated.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Is the leech nerf hurting this build a lot?
Don't forget that Life on Hit only works with Attacks, so doesn't work with spell, and indeed with Incinerate...So i need a life leech gem (and a reduced mana), but it's not easy to get it..

Juste killed piety on normal, (very) good dps, only problem was thorns, and defenses (flask are enough if there are not thousands of ennemies) but I have crap stuff so..
I am still working on it. So far it seems the life leech isn't the biggest problem, the mana leech is. Good chance I will drop the gem for something useful instead.

Made a few changes to the tree, less fire damage, more mana regen nodes.

Not official yet, but feel free to take a look.

I will keep you updated!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Thanks for the update! I started using the Scion version of this build on Domination a few weeks back and loved it and decided to make it my first build on Ambush. I'm following your suggestion and going Witch this time. Still finishing up Normal (job and kids) but it's been going well so far.

It occurs to me that since your latest build brings you within 2 nodes of Static Blows, what would you think about making some minor modifications so we can grab that and the additional +10% chance to shock? Then use Added Lightning Damage with Incinerate? With the speed of Incinerate, you would have lots of chances for shock stacks and the added damage that goes with it.

Mind you, I'm fairly new to PoE so it's entirely possible I've got the mechanics of this wrong.
Hi, i follow this build, and got question about CwDT ( level 1 ) linked with reduced duration ( lvl max ) will work? Cause max level of supporting skills for CwDT is 31. I'm confused.

Sorry for mine not perfect english.

@edit: And what about agility required for level up green gems?
IGN: Skyzs
Last edited by Salmosa on Mar 6, 2014, 6:19:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info