Stuck at checking resources

Im having the same problem, stuck on checking resources for hours. using windows 7.
Same here and I'm using Windows 10. GGG, your recent 2.2.1f update allegedly only improving Currency Stash tabs seems to have gotten folks stuck at checking resources. In my case that was subsequent to an error message telling me Content.ggpk was corrupted and should be deleted, wherein I followed instructions (and can't restore the files to a previous version as an alternate fix) so.... I've been running the Resource Check all day, might be because I'm running 5 internet windows at a time to kill boredom but it's seemingly running unbearably slow for a 2 megabyte per second download speed and the like (though the processor itself is weaker). I have storage space & et cetera to my knowledge. Please let us know if there's a fix?
Reviving this topic because the launcher will not get past "Checking resources..." for me. HELP!
IGN: Transience
STANDARD: WTB > MF/ES Gear (Unset Rings/ES Chest)
"
So here is what's happening with the bastard, the client is writing itself a file list for some stupid reason (Client.txt), and until that file list is done nothing else will ever work. Problem is this stupid ass process just gets stuck every couple thousand lines, but it needs to get up to around a million lines(125MB roughly) to be done.
Deleting all the other stuff/setting privileges/disabling firewalls doesn't really have an effect, it is only when you start the client again and again that it manages to write a couple more lines towards the final number needed.
So the "fix" is to keep restarting that borked client every minute or so until it moves forward. I wonder if sharing the Client.txt could make speed up this nonsense.

Worked for me. Had to restart it like 15-20 times
A week and a half later, no dev response, still a problem.
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
"
Brigs wrote:
A week and a half later, no dev response
post it in reddit, maybe that will make them answer
Spoiler
this is currently the only known spell for summoning a dev into a forum thread, but even this method isn't reliable :(
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"So the "fix" is to keep restarting that borked client every minute or so until it moves forward"

It worked for me ! Thx dude
I solved it. it works to turn off my firewall/antivirus program and run to admin.
Rather than turning off anti-virus software, a permanent hassle free solution seems to be to add the program directory to your anti-virus exceptions list. You may not need to add the entire folder perhaps just the executable would be enough. I leave that to others to figure out.
"
gary_mandate wrote:
I solved it. it works to turn off my firewall/antivirus program and run to admin.
Last edited by shlackpeny on Apr 17, 2016, 3:08:45 PM
Nothing in this thread fixed the 'checking resources' issue for me - Eventually I found this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1255700/page/2 in the beta forums, that worked for me.

Basically fire up your POE and watch your POE CPU usage. When your CPU usage heads to Zero then close and restart your launcher again, and again until 'Checking Resources' becomes 'Allocating Space'.

Hope this helps Peeps out there :)
Last edited by TheBeany on Apr 21, 2016, 12:46:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info