Zealot's Oath

Providing my shield didn't get a mega nerf, combo'd with this and a some decent regens, and I can imagine how tank heavy that would be, mixed with heavy armor and simple ES buffer.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Some Clarifications:
Just like Ghost Reaver making the ES leech rate based on max ES instead of max life, % life regen becomes % ES regen, and based on max ES.
Flasks are not regeneration, and not affected.

how does % regeneration based on max es work? what is the formula? how much does es regenerate per second if you have, say, 1k es ?
Well that depends on how much Life Regen you had, doesn't it :P If you have 3% Life Regen, it becomes 3% ES Regen.

Leech regenerates at 20% ES/sec.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Well that depends on how much Life Regen you had, doesn't it :P If you have 3% Life Regen, it becomes 3% ES Regen.

ok I think I understand now. When Chris said "is based on max ES" I thought he meant that es regen % is determined by your max ES - not your life regen %
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

ok I think I understand now. When Chris said "is based on max ES" I thought he meant that es regen % is determined by your max ES - not your life regen %

You are overcomplicating things.

1% life regen becomes 1% ES regen. If you have 3000 ES, you regenerate 0.01*3000ES per second, or 30es/second.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

You are overcomplicating things.

1% life regen becomes 1% ES regen. If you have 3000 ES, you regenerate 0.01*3000ES per second, or 30es/second.

All the time? Even when you're punctured or on fire or whatnot? Then it's a great talent really.
IGN: Naforce
I really don't see the point of that passive, if your are taking it, you are surely using both life and ES, which means you can't regen agains chaos damage anymore, and it's too far away from CI to be efficient, especially with all the shield delay reduction passive nearby.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Let's say, you have
1000 life
a total of 3% life reg (passives and gear)
6% life leech
1200 ES
Zealot's Oath.

So how does this work? The 3% life reg becomes ES reg, based on your max ES (in this case, 1200), hence 1200 * 0.03 = 36ES/sec. Do you reg that amount all the time, even when you are infight, being ignited, etc?

And how does life leech apply then? You just get those 6% of your dmg as life back?

As stated above, ZO does not affect life recovery from flasks, thus your life flasks still give you life, just as they would w/o ZO, so a clear thing here.
Last edited by Bannoth on Feb 15, 2013, 3:28:13 PM
"
Bannoth wrote:
Let's say, you have
1000 life
a total of 3% life reg (passives and gear)
6% life leech
1200 ES
Zealot's Oath.

So how does this work? The 3% life reg becomes ES reg, based on your max ES (in this case, 1200), hence 1200 * 0.03 = 36ES/sec. Do you reg that amount all the time, even when you are infight, being ignited, etc?

Yes that reg is constant and happens all the time.

"
And how does life leech apply then? You just get those 6% of your dmg as life back?

As stated above, ZO does not affect life recovery from flasks, thus your life flasks still give you life, just as they would w/o ZO, so a clear thing here.

Yes you just get 6% of your damage as life if you don't have Ghost Reaver. Life flasks will still give you life instead of ES yes
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
In some other thread, someone was talking about a righteous fire build that focused on ES regen through zealot's oath. Sounds pretty interesting. Increasing ES and ES regen instead of HP to offset the fire damage taken.
IGN: Iolar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info