Barrage

I'm currently trying a CoC Tornado build, but I'm pretty certain is still superior for trigger on hit effects.
LGoH not withstanding, because you only get 40% of the LGoH.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Incompetent wrote:
The damage penalty on this skill seems unnecessarily harsh. I just don't see how it can compete with Tornado Shot now, even versus single targets.

Wands cant use Trnado shot.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Currently running CoC Barrage in Beyond and I have to say that the performance is just abysmal. I can spam hammer my /oos macro, use resyncing abilities like Lightning Warp and am still placed completely out of position. Hell, my Lightning Warp DENIES me a teleport ~40% of the time because I apparently clicked somewhere I couldnt click.

Its completely ridiculous. Probably even worse than Cyclone at this point.
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 18, 2014, 2:05:08 PM
Before the update that introduced Tornado Shot, I formerly ran a 5-link Barrage build with a Chin Sol. It's amusing and sometimes effective to utilize the guaranteed knockback and doubled bow damage up at close range the frenetic skill. You can even amplify the damage even further with Point Blank, and Chin Sol recently received a noticeable buff that finally renders it a potential end-game option.

With all that said, it's still generally outclassed by many of the other bow skills when it comes to damage, mainly because of its damage scaling on growth and how the game's unique armour mechanic reduces receiving damage -- which is highly noticeable if being linked to gems like LMP, GMP and Chain. As previously mentioned many times in this thread, it's still amazingly powerful for builds that focus on the use of Cast on Critical Hit and can also work well with Life Gain on Hit, but I'm certain the majority of players can agree that this skill lacks in the damage department when compared to the other bow skills -- and it certainly shows the closer you reach to end-game. In the case of wands, I believe Power Siphon offers greater damage output.

Near the beginning of the Forsaken Masters update, I replaced Barrage with Tornado Shot and immediately noticed a stupendous upgrade in damage and survivability. To mention, Barrage is probably superior out of the two skills when it comes to gaining decent heals per second with LGoH -- especially how the three additional arrows past the initial piercing from Tornado Shot always shoot at random angles -- but the heals out of Tornado Shot return as nearly sudden bursts in comparison. In the end, my character that was once build to mainly work with Barrage is doing far better with other skills.

I'm currently in the process of completely maxing out my Barrage gem, even though it's probably not going to make a better difference in the end. I'm in agreement that a bit of adjustment to its scaling would bring it more inline in damage with its competitors. I'd personally love to see this still have competent use alone than being limited to working well with CoCH.
Last edited by TheDimCloak on Sep 26, 2014, 6:15:40 AM
Good Day!

Small suggestion for a simliar skill.

It would be nice to have such a skill (but stronger) for melee people. Stronger because you have to go in melee range ofcourse. Think of for Example:
New-Super-fast-Melee-Skill + CoC + Ice Nova + Shock Nova ++

I realy enjoyed some paladin builds back in diablo2 (or assasin) that made very nice usage of triggering novas and such, at least it looked and played pretty nice, wasn't as strong as other builds of course.

Here is a 30 second video of what it looked like in diablo2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zWe4NtQiIU (just an example I found very quick)

So I don't see why rangers should have such a skill but not melees....
ps:
Um, barrage on melee range is not really a cool solution :P
And double strike + multistrike is also not nearly as strong/fast.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 27, 2014, 1:07:29 PM
"
TheDimCloak wrote:
Before the update that introduced Tornado Shot, I formerly ran a 5-link Barrage build with a Chin Sol. It's amusing and sometimes effective to utilize the guaranteed knockback and doubled bow damage up at close range the frenetic skill. You can even amplify the damage even further with Point Blank, and Chin Sol recently received a noticeable buff that finally renders it a potential end-game option.

With all that said, it's still generally outclassed by many of the other bow skills when it comes to damage, mainly because of its damage scaling on growth and how the game's unique armour mechanic reduces receiving damage -- which is highly noticeable if being linked to gems like LMP, GMP and Chain. As previously mentioned many times in this thread, it's still amazingly powerful for builds that focus on the use of Cast on Critical Hit and can also work well with Life Gain on Hit, but I'm certain the majority of players can agree that this skill lacks in the damage department when compared to the other bow skills -- and it certainly shows the closer you reach to end-game. In the case of wands, I believe Power Siphon offers greater damage output.

Near the beginning of the Forsaken Masters update, I replaced Barrage with Tornado Shot and immediately noticed a stupendous upgrade in damage and survivability. To mention, Barrage is probably superior out of the two skills when it comes to gaining decent heals per second with LGoH -- especially how the three additional arrows past the initial piercing from Tornado Shot always shoot at random angles -- but the heals out of Tornado Shot return as nearly sudden bursts in comparison. In the end, my character that was once build to mainly work with Barrage is doing far better with other skills.

I'm currently in the process of completely maxing out my Barrage gem, even though it's probably not going to make a better difference in the end. I'm in agreement that a bit of adjustment to its scaling would bring it more inline in damage with its competitors. I'd personally love to see this still have competent use alone than being limited to working well with CoCH.

Barrage ATM is almost solely WAND skill. For bow, a lot of skills outclass barrage, it can be potentially useful only for CoC (for single target).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
This skill desync's you so much if youre running a CoC barrage for example. Hopefully they can somehow migitate it.
Closed Beta Member.
Whats the duration between each projectile on barrage?
That depends on your attack speed.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
That depends on your attack speed.

The question is whether or not it's evenly spaced. If so, a .4s attack speed GMP barrage would still work fine with CoC, but pretty frequently with these fast attack the animations are not perfectly even.

I appreciate some Dev input on how the interval between attacks is calculated. I think we may be in a weird situation where in some cases adding 10% attack speed could actually cut your DPS by 50% if using barrage to trigger CoC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info