Barrage

"
Of course, this doesn't take into consideration that Barrage gets Projectile Speed from quality, while other attacks, such as Power Siphon, get godly benefits like +0.75% increased Damage per quality.

15% Increased Damage is 'godly' now? :/ Seriously.

I also feel it's important to note that the ~930 Armour figure is some of the highest Armour values you'll be facing. Most monsters won't have even that. It makes a difference, but it's really only noticable against the tankiest of monsters.
Also, it shouldn't be too hard to hit for more than 200 Physical Damage. :p

LA also penalises added Damage by 30%. Power Siphon is just fantastic all-round, pretty much.
"

As a quality bonus? And because it doesn't apply to just physical damage, like 99% of the other abilities? Yes. It's one of the very best quality bonuses, of any gem, in the game.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
"

As a quality bonus? And because it doesn't apply to just physical damage, like 99% of the other abilities? Yes. It's one of the very best quality bonuses, of any gem, in the game.
think you should widen your scope of vision as there's definitely more useful and interesting quality effects out there. sure +15% any damage is nice, but its only a reasonable amount, not small not large, that's it.
There are well over a hundred skill and support gems.

If you can list 10 that are better, please do. That would mean that it's only in the upper 10 (or 5%?).

Anyway, that's sort of irrelevant. It's more useful than Barrage's projectile speed, in any event.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
Autocthon wrote:
If you hit one target with barrage it's a 160% weapon damage skill.

There's an enormous delay between attacks. You can estimate it by how many seconds you should be out of mana if the tooltips weren't lying liars that lie.

It will cost less mana per second than the numbers listed. My estimate is ~75.7% less, 75% seems reasonable. Every time you could attack 4 times with another attack, you can only attack 3 times with Barrage.

That puts it at 120% single target effectiveness. The same as a bad Spectral Throw throw.

It's only intended as an inferior version of Spectral Throw for bows and wands to use.

Personally, I'd enjoy it more if it attacked at normal speed in 3-shot bursts. You can roll for crits more often that way, which would smooth out its damage pattern. Making it more consistent.

A very slight net effectiveness buff from 120 to 130-140 might be warranted. Put it into the same league as Burning Arrow or something, and give you a little more for the reduced range.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Apr 5, 2014, 3:08:37 PM
Thread necromancy
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Thread necromancy
I was just thinking of this thread, how convenient.

Quick update my (shadow) dual wand barrage build: I completely spec'd out of dual wands since my defenses sucked, and the passives getting out of dual wielding freed up let me quadruple my dps by using significantly stronger wand passives.

There's really no reason to dual-wield wands for casters or attackers, you're handicapping yourself if you decide to dual wield them.

Anyway, barrage itself is a fine attack skill, but it's kind of vanilla, and the way it's damage rolls makes relying on crits and junk a really unstable way to boost your dps (it needs to roll for crits and ailments more often). It also feels like a skill that could really be made amazing with the right unique (a dual-weild wand perhaps?), but in general it's just a bit lackluster - molten strike can generate more hits more regularly, other projectile skills skills somehow manage to beat it in terms of raw usable DPS, despite it's high damage efficiency - part of which might be due to the fact it can't shotgun for shit. It's not terrible, but there's no real reason to use it over the other, better skills you could use. It's speed is cool, but that alone isn't strong enough to carry it.

Anyway, that (probably) concludes my journey with barrage. I'll revisit it if it gets some buff in the future.
"
ComradBlack wrote:
I was just thinking of this thread, how convenient.

How convenient that Gem threads are sorted alphabetically. :)

Crit rolls are per-activation btw, but each monster gets their own Evasion roll against it. Barrage doesn't roll much more for Crits than other Skills, because you inevitably use LMP/GMP/Chain/whatever anyways.
As far as i understand, its better if you use barrage for elemental damage builds, not sure about it.
"
PHRandom wrote:
As far as i understand, its better if you use barrage for elemental damage builds, not sure about it.

Still getting less damage overall than say, Frenzy, since it cuts your damage. So Frenzy is better at single target. AoE? Can't GMP or LMP, because it will just shoot (and cut damage even more) more arrows. So Split arrow/rain of arrows are better in that regard.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info