Concentrated Effect on Proliferated Ignite Damage tested (with numbers)

I always split up kole from other monsters and double checked each video for potential mistakes. The ignite was on him.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Then your test might be seriously flawed.
As i understand it, proliferate shares the debuff of the main target with those around it, but you are welcome to test the other case out i would be much pleased if it was not true.

This the basic and preliminary core test that preludes and is required for any subsequent tests.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Without CE

With CE

Though the tooltip might be wrong, it seems to be working properly.
@Lemonjooce ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Asmosis wrote:
effects only apply once. if CE has already increased the initial damage of something, it wont apply again to a follow up DoT. That's a pretty standard rule for any multipliers to avoid "double dipping".

I'd be more interested if the initial hit wasn't an AoE, but generated one. that would be a proper test for CE on burning damage.

Except with the way they changed DoT's, many things *are* going to double dip. Fire damage, for instance, will increase the on-hit damage and the burning damage. This, of course, makes increased burning damage fairly useless (at least compared to fire damage).

As for concentrated effect not working with proliferated ignites, I think this is a mistake (and hopefully a bug). Elemental proliferation is an AOE effect. The size of the proliferation rings are increased by AOE modifiers.

A proliferation ring is an AOE field that applies a DoT effect to all mobs standing in it. Shouldn't area damage apply? Concentrated effect reduces the size of those rings, it seems only fair that it should also increase their damage. I don't understand why area damage modifiers would increase the damage of a poison arrow field but not a proliferated ignite field.

The one thing I know for sure is that these changes are extremely confusing, and they need to be explained in more depth. There are tons of threads trying to figure out *exactly* what the devs meant with their examples, and there is no easy way to test things in-game since there is no tooltip for ignite damage.
IGN: Jihokinetic
"
westgate wrote:
Without CE

With CE

Though the tooltip might be wrong, it seems to be working properly.

the confusions in this thread is starting to pile up real good

the title of the topic says "ignite damage"

the burn from fire traps are not ignite damage, it however does make sense that it is aoe damage and should thus be affected by conc effect.

but ignited damage is something else, and i would really appreciate if crackmonster would clarify exactly what skill he used to apply the burn, and what it was supported with
I used fireball as also mentioned. It's supports are just a constant and so irrelevant but at that time i was using Fire penetration, faster casting and elemental proliferation.
"
Gravethought wrote:
Then your test might be seriously flawed.

tests like this can´t be flawed... he did what he did, and wrote the results. what you could say is that the results where not what you spected, but if he claims that he did it right i dont see why it is seriously flawed.

anyways you are free to do it yourself if you didn´t like the results
IGN: RFFP
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I used fireball as also mentioned. It's supports are just a constant and so irrelevant but at that time i was using Fire penetration, faster casting and elemental proliferation.

Here's the thing:
Fireball explodes in an AoE on hit, but the hit itself does not count as AoE.
Pull Kole next to a mob. Ignite the mob next to him, while Kole is still in range to be hit by the AoE. Now, Concentrated Effect should work.
When fireball explodes there is only an aoe explosion, no single target hit.

Only when it does not terminate, so when it pierces or chains does it only do single target damage. There have been dev posts on that.

In any case it is irrelevant as it would be a constant in both cases, the thing being tested if whether the ignited based upon that instant damage hit was affected by concentrated effect.

Concentrated Effect has always worked on the initial hit of fireball against a single opponent, even if the tooltip does not show it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info