11.6% TOTAL REGEN

Fire Res % || RF burn mitigated || Regen || DIFFERENCE / dmg taken or regen
85 || 700 || 501 || -199
86 || 654 || 501 || -152
87 || 607 || 501 || -106
88 || 560 || 501 || -59
89 || 514 || 501 || -12
90 || 467 || 501 || 34

So with my current regen I'd need 90% fire res in order to not degen...Haven't calculated for aura's increased effect yet tho.

On a side note, wouldn't it be better to skip the "Discipline and training" life node + the one below so your life doenst increase? (which makes RF burn harder). Use the same point and go below, take the mana and reduced mana cost (even if it has no use)
Last edited by Anvesi on Jul 25, 2015, 4:23:47 PM
"
Anvesi wrote:
Sitting on 1.355 life and 4.322 ES.

So with my current regen I'd need 90% fire res in order to not degen...Haven't calculated for aura's increased effect yet tho.

On a side note, wouldn't it be better to skip the "Discipline and training" life node + the one below so your life doenst increase? (which makes RF burn harder). Use the same point and go below, take the mana and reduced mana cost (even if it has no use)

I was actually always thinking, that the 2 small mananodes arent connected and you HAVE zo get the big notable in order to go past the cluster, which would waste 1 more skillpoint

But since this is actually not the case, you can (and should) of course take mana instead of life - thanks for pointing that out :)

Increased Effect of Auras is incredible usefull, since it will increase your ES, Lifereg and Maxres - and every single one of those stats will help you to sustain RF

You need 34%IEoA to get another 1%maxres, which should be about 7 Skillpoints

You can also switch your weapon to Ephemeral Edge, which will reduce your max Life and increase your max ES

Doing both of these should be enough to sustain RF - but you will ofc loose some damage if you switch your weapon

BTW: there is also a new unique amulet called Shaper's Seed which will increase your lifereg by 3% (or 2% if the aura doesnt affect you) - im not sure about the price in warbands though
I should also add that to my guide later

Greetings
Last edited by Yalani on Jul 25, 2015, 8:39:02 PM
This build plays so much easier then the standard life based RF. I've spend a fortune to switch from life to ES and let me tell you, no regrets at all. The damage output is simply insane. Only one thing that hinders me is the lack of ability to use aoe to destroy crates/boxes/urns and such. I couldn't be arsed to level a Witch so I respecced my lvl92 Marauder. Basically I'm lacking 5 skill nodes due to getting Marauder starting point to connect with the skill tree.

I'm using:

Purity of Fire, Vitality and Discipline to cover the mana pool (8 mana left).
Purity of Ice and Purity of Lighting (35 life left).

Due to Voidbringers "80% increased mana cost of skills" I can not make Ice Nova lvl1 (5 base mana) to work.
I've linked Enlighten lvl2 (mana multiplier 96%), Reduced Mana (20/20) and lvl1 Ice Nova. I still come up to 12 mana cost :(.

Jewel: Conqueror's Efficiency
Ring 1: +48 int (with all attributes), +56 max mana
Ring 2: +31 int, +44 max mana
Amulet: +52 int (with all attributes)
Rest of the gear is suggested BiS items.

Any help regarding the matter would be appreciated.
"
Yalani wrote:
"
Anvesi wrote:
Sitting on 1.355 life and 4.322 ES.

I was actually always thinking, that the 2 small mananodes arent connected and you HAVE zo get the big notable in order to go past the cluster, which would waste 1 more skillpoint

But since this is actually not the case, you can (and should) of course take mana instead of life - thanks for pointing that out :)

Increased Effect of Auras is incredible usefull, since it will increase your ES, Lifereg and Maxres - and every single one of those stats will help you to sustain RF

You need 34%IEoA to get another 1%maxres, which should be about 7 Skillpoints

You can also switch your weapon to Ephemeral Edge, which will reduce your max Life and increase your max ES

Doing both of these should be enough to sustain RF - but you will ofc loose some damage if you switch your weapon

BTW: there is also a new unique amulet called Shaper's Seed which will increase your lifereg by 3% (or 2% if the aura doesnt affect you) - im not sure about the price in warbands though
I should also add that to my guide later

Greetings

I'll give the shapers seed a go! Seems like that gives 2% more liferegen the the tiki amulet. And yes from what I understood all regen of it affects you ("YOU and Nearby Allies gain 1% of Life Regenerated per Second")
And I've looked for a Ephemeral Edge but I have no dex for it, it'd mean I have to spend an extra passive for dex, or possible (what Im thinking of) is using a jewl next to the EE to swap all int to dex, which gives about 60-70 dex, also good for usig pur.Ice

update: With Shapers Seed and Ephmeral Edge I'm no longer degening, it seems the Shaper's really did it for me. I also changed the passives from extra redundant life (which makes me take more RF dmg) to the reduced mana, with Redbeak to Ephmeral change that's a difference of almost 400 hp (from 1300 too 900). Now to focus on defences and not getting rekt in melee...
Last edited by Anvesi on Jul 26, 2015, 10:20:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Shaper's Seed was nerfed and the aura doesn't apply to you anymore. The wording was changed to "Your allies regenerate ..." from what I heard.
"
Yalani wrote:
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
Is this PvP-viable as well?

Before the major PvP patch, it definitely was - but i havent played PvP since then :P

"
Also, would this work if someone starts from Marauder and not the Witch?

Yes, but you will probably waste ~5 skillpoints

Yalani, I'll add you up as friend and test the PvP if you don't mind. I've yet to submit my Grandmaster and your build seems fun to put forward on. I'd like to test the survivability of your build and experiment the viability of doing it via Marauder. I'm not intending to submit a character that can't be killed, but something fun to add to the flavour of the Grandmaster arena map. Also if anyone's keen in playing the build, I'll refer them here if I've benchmarked your build for submission. See you in-game! (≧∇≦)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael