Jan 14: One-week HC Race

One week solo would be more fun
"
govaguy wrote:

It wouldn't work unless trading was disabled - and the top 20 would be even more heavily dependent on map RNG.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
Lack of Turbo is disappointing. At least it gives a higher than insignificant risk of death, opposed to the boring as hell grindfest/endurance test that the last 1 week race turned into. Sure a few high levels died, but most of those were blamed on load screen/desync.
I would like one week solo without trading/droping optionable :/

IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Fireknight wrote:
"
govaguy wrote:

It wouldn't work unless trading was disabled - and the top 20 would be even more heavily dependent on map RNG.

One week solo without trading is what I meant. That would be more fun. Even in party races everyone is dependant on RNG, the difference is with Parties you can also depend upon the kindness of strangers.
Last edited by govaguy on Jan 9, 2013, 1:33:16 PM
"
govaguy wrote:
"
Fireknight wrote:
"
govaguy wrote:

One week solo without trading is what I meant. That would be more fun. Even in party races everyone is dependant on RNG, the difference is with Parties you can also depend upon the kindness of strangers.

Well, not quite. Solo mapping is far more volatile and much more heavily impacted by RNG. In order to run out of maps with a group, you need to be extremely unlucky over a prolonged period of time (6 people farming fellshrine until 65~ will likely net the group 25+ maps while soloing could get you as few as 3). Running out of maps when you start with 3 is a very likely possibility. Running out with a group is far more unlikely and in the event it actually occurs, it's possible to farm new maps much more quickly, reducing the downtime dramatically.

Edit: This means that the optimal way to play a solo 1 week race would probably be to camp fell shrine/waterfall cavern until 70-72 unless the RNG produced a very large number of maps.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
Last edited by Fireknight on Jan 9, 2013, 2:06:53 PM
Wish this was solo, be cool if they changed it but that prob wont happen, last one week race I managed to come in 29th at Lvl 73 solo and I could have played way more than I did, never actually played in a group before, only time Ive been in a party was to trade with someone. Maybe this time Ill try it with a group, pm me if your interested.
Oh man, I honestly wasn't expecting another one. Rev up dat hype!
nothing for lv70+ ???

Looking for a group of people willing to aim for Top 10-20. Very familiar with game mechanics, can dedicate a lot of time, willing to play any role (Though may need some guidance as I'm not familiar with all classes). I've finished Top 20 before in a 1 Week Race and didn't push for Top 10 due to the grind involved at the end/was unfamiliar with Maps. Willing to play pretty much any time, though the wee hours of the early AM may be rough. Let me know via PM and we can start planning? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info