Regal + Exalted Crafting Results

Has anyone made any great rare items by using transmutation/alteration/augmentation, then regal, then exalted?

Since you can't selectively remove and re-roll mods, this method seems very unlikely to yield results. Has anyone used this process with success?
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Most of the gear the top players made was made using these orbs (except for grits and his infitie luck, he got an insane vaal regalia with a lucky chaos)

But the bad part is exalts will sometimes give really undisereable mods on gear for example life on ES gear or thorns mods (should be removed in my opinion) etc.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 27, 2012, 5:23:50 PM
On HC I only know 1 player who regaled a belt and used exalts on it.
It was a 40 99 life belt with cold resists. He exalted 20 fire res and 2 junk mods 1 being phys reflect the other one was low armor iirc.

But usually my exalteds fail beside the ones I used on high maps. I think I generated a 107% base necropolis/plateau from a regaled map. I got screens exalting them.
Actually I exalted more high level maps than items because they lacked smothering and other high level mods.

Unavailable

Not sure if it was 1-2 cold damage or 26 dex

Unavailable

First exalted were ES and 2nd exalted were low evasion

Unavailable

Lighning damange and fire res.

Unavailable

cold damage and resists

Unavailable

lightning damage 200 ac

I don't really remember what I exalted before the racing prices became 80% junk but before migration I had over 40 exalteds etc and I still got many left on HC legacy.
Unavailable

But I also know players that rolled the missing speed or physical damage mod.
For example technique rolling the speed mod on a 384 dmg great white claw(would be insane if that one would be a vaal claw)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Panda413 wrote:
Has anyone made any great rare items by using transmutation/alteration/augmentation, then regal, then exalted?

Since you can't selectively remove and re-roll mods, this method seems very unlikely to yield results. Has anyone used this process with success?

You just have to keep trying over and over until you get a decent regal roll, if the regal roll is crap than you scour and do it over again until you get something worth exalting.

Not particularly hard to do, just costly and time consuming.
Here's an example of one I rolled a few weeks before the last legacy migration. It had Dauntless and the (5th) Regal hit the Incandescent mod. The final Exalted hit the Naga's mod.
Unavailable
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
You mostly only see alt+regal crafting done on ES gear as for a CI having extremely high ES rolls is more important than anything else.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Being a casual player, I find that it's much much easier (sadly) to buy what you want rather than crafting it that way. When you get to the point you have too much wealth anyway (Hey Moosifer, Slurms, Epsi, etc etc etc ;)) then you probably start rolling things like that.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
I haven't a great amount of experience with endgame crafting but I have rolled this chest with alts & regals. I know it's not max'd but I was able to get Dauntless then regaled high end Scintillating instead of Incandescent. It could be better but this was made with about 30alts & 2regals, so I was happy with the investment & it boosted my ES to 6k+ so I was happy enough.

Unavailable

Not sure if I just got lucky but I couldn't help to think that crafting a fairly decent ES chest isn't really that hard or expensive. I would certainly do it again & in some ways I am banking on it come OB (that is if they don't nerf CI too hard).

I'm not sure how the new recipes have affected generating regals but I didn't find the ones I used, I traded for them before the patch when they were very cheap from certain vendors. I have found very few regals in fact, so if indeed they are harder to craft & the drop rate is low then I think that is where people will find it hard initially to have the currency on hand to make the items. As time goes on more and more people will have spare and trades will be easier.

As for Exhaults & Divines I personally think that the drop rate (or win rate) is sufficiently low that they will never be the kind of item you would use unless it's worth it. Once you got the right mods then Divines can be very powerful as they stay within the prefix/suffix brackets, I think when it comes to late endgame & people have BIS gear then Divines will be the most sought after currency for people looking to roll max stats on already ridiculous gear.

Overall I really like the crafting system in POE, it gives players almost unlimited potential but they are also at the mercy of the RNG gods. You may dump your life savings into an item only for it to come out worse (sux for you) but more often than not before you are spending your last dime you have crafted something much better or more suited than what you had before. It is rewarding in the long run & I really think it is the long run that matters most. If orbs guaranteed stats or rolls then the game would become trivial in a number of months if not weeks. People may think they want the best items straight away but as soon as they have them they realise that the game is over & they only cheated themselves out of the experience (cough...RMAH).

"
TehHammer wrote:
Here's an example of one I rolled a few weeks before the last legacy migration. It had Dauntless and the (5th) Regal hit the Incandescent mod. The final Exalted hit the Naga's mod.
Unavailable

ö_ö
Some of the best gear is crafted in this way. It was also the only way for us to really get started making godlike gear when none existed in this league. Slurms pulled his usual luck making his armor and Grits pulled something beyond Hammer's armor with enough luck to make a significant profit in Vegas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info