[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

"
crashbashl wrote:
OP, what do you think about a spell totem + ice spear + elemental proliferation + lesser multiple projectiles + chain + faster casting on a chest ?!?!

you combine that with two totems = ?!?

elemental proliferation on ice spear for this build is pointless.

ice spear and chain do not work well together. chain only works when projectiles cannot pierce. ice spear always pierce in 1st form when mobs are too close, and only in 2nd form (gains +600% crit chance) can you chain. you cant guarantee mobs are always gona be far away and for chain to work they must be, which makes dmg inconsistent most of the time and again pointless.

IGN: hyperculler (torment)
I gave my witch another swing after playing various other builds, just to make sure if I still feel it's my favourite.

I got to say, while leveling I felt it is pretty OP (after getting double totems of course). In end-game however, you really start to feel the need for items. I have to progress through areas very carefully and thereby slowly. One misplaced totem can already become a real danger. Combined with the crazy mana requirements (I don't have double curse yet but I couldn't use it if I did, too pricey) this build gets a little more in line. Sounds like something negative, but I mean it in a positive way.

I don't think this needs nerfing at all, because you really need good gear to make it work later in the game. Or let's say to make it shine again, because it works but it isn't all that overwhelming anymore. So compared to say a LA templar with maxed out Decoy Totem, this build still isn't outstandingly strong and therefore shouldn't be suspect to a big nerf hit. But we don't know that for sure until it happens - or not.
"
hypershatter wrote:
"
crashbashl wrote:
OP, what do you think about a spell totem + ice spear + elemental proliferation + lesser multiple projectiles + chain + faster casting on a chest ?!?!

you combine that with two totems = ?!?

elemental proliferation on ice spear for this build is pointless.

ice spear and chain do not work well together. chain only works when projectiles cannot pierce. ice spear always pierce in 1st form when mobs are too close, and only in 2nd form (gains +600% crit chance) can you chain. you cant guarantee mobs are always gona be far away and for chain to work they must be, which makes dmg inconsistent most of the time and again pointless.

even if i don't use elemental proliferation, i would still position my totes as i position them whithout or with elemental proliferation. so its the same thing.
if the totems are near packs, it penetrates them(with or without elemental proliferation)
but i tend to put them far away..so its preaty awesome when its chains :D
With chain on ice spear you'll rarely get more than one bounce since the second target will almost always be within first form distance to the first. That's not worth the damage penalty on chain, let alone worth the loss of a more worthwhile gem in its place (like crit damage, added cold damage, or rarity/quantity).
Is it possible to see this build in action? A video where you run some harder map would be lovely :)
"
Wablakin wrote:
Is it possible to see this build in action? A video where you run some harder map would be lovely :)
nope, my computer is horrible and i play this game at 20-30 FPS without anything in the background. if you use this build and got to end game then feel free to make a video of it and post it here.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
I still need: Chain, Elemental Proliferation, Elemental Weakness, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Temporal Chains

Someone wants to trade?

Last edited by NikoFrozen on Jan 11, 2013, 6:08:28 PM
How viable is this build for the upcomming 1 week HC race you think?
Is this the best build for it or is there another one thats better?
Say good bye to this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info