Mors' Max Str, Ironwill, Freeze pulse build (updated for 1.3 tree (tentative)

My version of IW, EK build:

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtBjkJMwz3Dc0UIBRNFSAYkRkuGjgbRRutG8gcziSLJwsnLyftKU8ppStQLOkvzDGeOlI6szrYOuE8LT0PPeJAoEMxR35I7k4qUEdRYFW1V5Rbr14TXz9gS2FSZU1nm2jydO11y3iueTl673y7fuKDtoTZhO-GYIbRjX6Ov5BVns2iAKZXpzCplayvr2yvp7ZBtz68n702vqfAZsC_wQTBgsT2xYrGrsbYzZjRNtN-1I_Vpti92fzdDeIs5FHp1epi7DjvDu9O73rwH_JF8wb2o_uq_Ev-Cv5U
May I ask what your DPS is?
"
Aernilion wrote:
May I ask what your DPS is?

Around 16,5k with HoA, HoI, HoT and Hatred.

Araund 19k with Frenzy
My current Iron Will EK on Bloodlines :

Lv 94
EK 5L : 21k
STR : 950
HP : 8500 with ming's hearts
Armour : 5000

Gear

DPS for solo is ok, but way too low for group play.
I like the versatility of this build, can easily put one of the purity instead of herald.
The MOST fun build i have yet to play, i am new to hardcore, and i ripped like 4 characters melee and srs, but with them i stashed currency and found items, which lead me to this build.

I found this build on Hvc's stream... and Nicebuilds.

Here's the story of my Pulse.

I started following the 52 tree and then 74 tree..

I started using Searing Bond+Fire Trap. then i switch to Freezing Pulse.

Leveling was easy, then when i was able to use Doon.

Around lvl 70, i was doing ok,
But VS Rare mobs and unique bosses, the hardest time ever, i really needed to use fire traps.
and my dmg with Pulse was tooltip 3.5k And i have the full gear setup... Hp: 2.9k

Now level 72.... And went to check the Leveling 94 Tree... Saw some Nodes to respec and to put else where... After Respec my HP Boosted to 4.4k AND my Dmg went DOWN? to 2.3k..... BUT i can kill EASY Rares and Bosses uniques...
I dont know hwo the heck my dmg went down and i can kill Rares and bosses without fire trap... but man, im begening to LOVE this build.

It is so much fun. Now i think every node from now on, will add so much power to the build

Thank you

Spoiler
Last edited by thysick on Feb 26, 2015, 3:13:37 PM
For anyone interested:
After playing in party with EK I felt single target damage lacking, so I tried Incinerate.
It's kinda surprising, but one can perfectly sustain Incinerate on Mana, without Elreon Jewellery and even run Half/No regen maps without any significant drop to clearspeed (which was my main concern against Incinerate)
I think Heralds in Black Sun Crest + Empower is what makes it really good.

Currently sitting on 5.6k DPS with Q20/18 Incinerate + Q20/18 GMP + Q20/18 Spell Echo in Doon
Difference between lvl2 and lvl3 empower is 200dps.
On a 6L (+Fire Pen + Added Chaos) thats 7.5k tooltip DPS.

Not only is the damage insane, but the build is quite tanky too.
8k hp, 620 hp/sec regen, 5k armour and 6 endurance charges.

I especially like how that compares to RaizQ's Incinerator:
More damage for less currency while still being able to farm Atziri*, but also being able to do Vulnerability/Half Regen/No Regen maps.

*(note: I did my first atziri ever with that build, and I am quite confident that if I had cared about practicing/getting info/adding movement skills I'd be able to do it without death.)

If Vigilant Strike and/or Fortify does not suck, it may make that build even more insane.

I plan to make a comprehensive guide a few weeks into A4 (waiting to see if/how it's possible to level with Incinerate as a Marauder).
If there's interest for some info now, I'll post it only here (for the moment)

Btw, I also tried FP.
While the damage (especially against bosses) felt way better than EK, traversing the tree for crit nodes reduced the amount of life nodes I could take, and I felt quite squishy at 5k hp.
Last edited by Aernilion on Apr 9, 2015, 3:00:12 PM
Any thoughts on Iron will for 2.0? Being buffed and being able to get a lot more str might make IW more popular now.
"
Aggnog wrote:
Any thoughts on Iron will for 2.0? Being buffed and being able to get a lot more str might make IW more popular now.

Personally I think the buff to IW is most notable while leveling, as it has the most visible impact while not having high STR gear.
While the addition of Brawn is quite nice in theory, I found it to be quite narrow in application.
Getting the INT to offset it is quite a challenge. Even with a high rolled INT BSC, I was just able to run one, with better gear maybe 2.
The problem though is, there's just better use for jewel slots.
Playing as IW BM Incinerate Marauder (I'm probably gonna make a guide for that), I had basically one slot taken with Clear Mind, which is way more impactful early on, but even later on than Brawn.
For other jewel slots 7+ castpeed was way better than what brawn did.
If you happen to get an occasional Proj Speed Jewel, even better.

AS for other spells:
I feel like EK is more attractive now due to the availability of Lioneye chest, other spells are basically the same as before.
Though I think FP is worse now than ever, as without shotgunning you HAVE to go crit.

AS for sustainability:
It's hard, especially as a marauder. After investing 15+ passives into mana and regeneration, I went BM instead. When I made the switch Incinerate was still at 10% DE, so losing auras was not a problem. Even after buff to 30% I still felt BM superior to mana in that specific build.

TL;DR:
IW: better for leveling
Brawn: meh
Jewels: castpeed
Mana: hard, BM attractive
Last edited by Aernilion on Jul 9, 2015, 3:44:37 AM
Want to share your skilltree + gear for that?
I'm rebuilding my str-marauder caster.
I was previously EK Marauder, have had one of these since the IW gem came out, always loved it.
I tried FP but only after the nerf to it and, it just ruined FP which was such a great skill before.

Havent tried incinerate, but not sure if I like the channeling type spell mechanic. EK is just a real nice spell to use.

Could give glacial cascade a try though. Nice spell mechanic there too. I like these "cone" AOE spells for this type of tank-mage build.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info