1.0.1 Patch Notes

Nice changes other than the aura changes. Elegant handling of the CwDT gem, well done. It really felt mandatory. Would have been nicer if you caught it during internal testing but oh well.

"
UncleCoord wrote:
"
fleshreaverpl wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
Funny that so many people are raging about the cwdt nerf before they ever tried how it works after the patch. Saying it's completely useless is yes, retarded. How hard is it to be creative? I guess way too hard for most of you build copying idiots. Yes they should never have made this gem so powerful, I hope they learned from this mistake and test it more before releasing it. But that aside a nerf was absolutely needed, it really makes no sense that with a simple 4 link you almost became immortal as melee, open your god damn eyes and stop thinking about me me me my build me me now I have to think again nooo me me me.

do the simple math 2500 dmg taken will either mean:
you already killed the pack by the time u curse/EC/ MS...
You are close to death
Both those situations make CoDT pretty much useless for players that want utility from it, not dmg.

Furthermore, almost EVERY evasion based build will be pretty much screwed as they tend to have less hp and u actually have to take dmg to trigger the gem, there is no cast on damage prevented by dodge/mitigated gem in the game.

And for the part where you say melee is immortal... you clearly didnt play high end maps AND u do not understand that EVERYTHING that CoDT does u can do by yourself but it;s just uncovenienet, yes you can MS/ curse and EC by yourself pretty easily (u know, thats how everybody did it like 3 weeks ago ??) as almost every melee has unnavering stance so stun midcast in no problem, so the only thing this change accomplish is making it more unpleasent and boring for melee chars to play.

Dude what level are you playing at? Because in any map I will easily take 10s of thousands of damage on a big champ pack or a couple of rares and end of map bosses dish out 100s of thousands, seriously you are just pulling this stuff out your ass, as for being close to death, you have no life steal whatsoever? That seems like a poor build.

Also, my armour barbarian can't use ES aura effectively, why do they nerf that so hard? Not every gem works for every build.

U will take 10s of thousands of damage, jeez u must have like 40 k hp ... hame i only have 5 k and i thought its a big number, also i guess that u r some super-man that can just vaal-pact ur 40 k in one hit coz there is no way that while taking "10s of thousands" you are able to ls without vaal pact.
And for the last thing - your" armor barbarian "basically says a lot about you as you try to compare Aura gem that is designed for ES players to a support gem that is designed for every player
We failed once, We failed twice, We must fail again!

WE'll b@ng ok?
I know this will be lost in the massive amount of posts, but I'm a little confused about CwDT. Why could it be used at such low levels in the first place since it seems like it's being balanced around end-game content. I was using it on my Scion when I had it dropped. The base 400 something damage taken caused it to not be super useful until the end of Act I normal. I never leveled it because her max health was still too low to survive to get the proc.

Now what I'd like to know is how the gem really works. It would proc when I wouldn't lose much health. Does it count damage that is mitigated into account? It's a great gem for adding a bit of survivability, especially solo play. I'd hate to see it go away completely. It would make for a really nice leveling gem if the damage requirements weren't so high. I like the % of health/ES suggested.

One suggestion would be to let us be a little overpowered while you worked out a better solution. It's obviously a gem you want us to use, but you aren't sure how to make it too overpowered. Just glad I didn't come to rely on it. I did waste a bunch of currency on a low level toon to get the right sockets though.

In the end, I can't complain. I'm not a game developer swamped with a bunch of new players due to the popularity of Steam and the game's full release. I've supported you in Open Beta with money I really didn't have, and I'm going to stick with the game. Probably try to find a guild so I can try group play. Always disliked the idea of random groups with the way loot is done in the game. Keep it up and don't let the hate get you down. It's temporary rage due to gamers getting attached to their characters and playstyle. It'll blow over.
"
gh0un wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
Funny that so many people are raging about the cwdt nerf before they ever tried how it works after the patch.

It really doesnt matter how strong codt is.
The thing i am upset about the most is that they destroyed builds with this mechanics change.
Yes you heard that right, its a build destructive change.
Pretty much everyone left their codt on level 1, while leveling the supported gems to higher levels.

In my case, all the gems are on level 19 except for the two codt gems i am using, which are on level 1. My character is level 85.
Suddenly my character wont be playable anymore because the codt gems dont actually work on those level 19 gems.
In order for my character to work again, i have to level the codt gems until it reaches a level where they can actually support the other gems, until then all those skills dont work, unless i spend currencies to buy new quality gems or use scourings on those level 19 gems.

This is not just a slight change on the gem, it is a mechanical change on how the gem works, potentially making them unusable on many characters, including mine.
How can they actually think that changing how gems work (mechanically), without giving us the currencies to respec them (scourings in particular), is anything other than a character destructive move?
It really isnt much different from changing skillnodes in the skilltree, except that we get a free respec in those cases. Here we wont.

Nerfing gems is fine. Changing how they fundamentally function if it can lead to characters being unable to use them, is not acceptable.

A million times over this. Well spoken and completely and totally true. This is unacceptable period. They are all for nuanced changes to the game, 10% here or there, but this, this is a fundamentally game breaking change!
yeah codt makes you instant godmode, i mean nobody died on the nemesis ladder since codt, conincidence?

lol kid
listen peanut think you should open your eyes alot of players have died with CoDT ..I think you smoking some crack that makes you think you know stuff witch in fact you dont know sh*t
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
"
"
sx777 wrote:
"
Perz wrote:
wow the codt gem on my evasion shadow will be useless now...

If your character bacame useless because of it, then your skills just sucking sweaty camel balls. L2P issue

this makes zero sense. If your main skill is nerfed to the ground, your character will be useless. Nothing you can do about it. CoDT is the most important spell to survive in HC (obviously you don't have any HC characters, this probably explains why you don't understand the importance of the gem).

If CoDT was what allowed you to survive in HC, then you were patently:

doinitwrong

in the most aptly applied usage of the slang. People were surviving JUST FINE in HC formats prior to CoDT, including Onslaught.

If you need it now, maybe you shouldn't be playing HC.
Patch Notes:

*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.

*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
"
Wooser69 wrote:
I dont think there will ever be a decent progression to the gem until its figures are based off your maximum life and energy shield rather than flat amounts per level.

Maybe even leave the amount required alone by that point. Just a flat % for all levels.

This would be so much better than the current implementation. GGG, you listening???
You make a new gem- Players make builds around said gem- then you make a change, and build is now useless!? Then WE, the loyal players have to use currency (with shit droprates BTW!) to downlevel gems, and respec, to fit your spur-of-the-moment changes.(Or start over on another char).

“A butterfly flaps its wings somewhere and the wind changes.. before you know it you've got a hurricane closing in. By the time anyone figured out the storm was coming, it was too late to do anything but batten down the hatches and exercise damage control.”

STOP MICROMANAGING! Even tho you have the best intentions, you will ultimetly piss ppl off and kill the game!

What was so broken about CoDT? no rly?
Did it lead to server instability? lag?
Like ALL of your other skills!?

Did it make the game to easy?
Like ALL of your other skills when build for that skill specificly!? (Ie. Kripp build of the week).

Also the ppl who thinks this is a good change, proberly DONT EVEN USE IT to begin with..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info