Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

Solo players are slowly going down?
I really respect GGG's job, but they close their eyes on some things they shouldn't.

Also no power-ups for new Animate Skills?

And by the Heavens, the new flask is supposed to be core in Shavronne's low-life Discharger build. Why? Discharger builds are solid now, and Shav's builds don't need buffs as I think.
Hateful post.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
Guys I don't get it. Just because they want to remove +2% max resistance from Purity aura, you can't play solo or what? Besides they're adding new auras which increases resistance and max resistance to specific element much more!

Solo players lose the +3 max all res above 75 that purity would give in alphas.
They can still get the resistances from purity or the resistances from one of the single elements and the +max from that single one. These gems are all different colours, though. So it isn't as simple as choosing one for the map you are doing. And, many map bosses do all 3 elements.

Group players gain +3 (or more) max res above 75 to every element, as well as the resists from the auras, as well as the resists from purity. A 6 man group can easily run every aura in the game and require very little resistances on gear.

What you need to consider here, is that a member of a 6 man party without any auras, takes less damage than a solo player, to a massive degree. Yet, with 1.0 and 1.0.1, here we are buffing group offence and defence even more and reducing solo defence and offence again. At the same time, reducing gear requirement for grouping even further.

+1
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Omniclasm wrote:
Don't understand why "solo" people are whining so much about aura nerfs.

Auras are supposed to be group buffs and support, not solo crutches.

And why exactly do you think a group would need a buff over a solo player?

So your problem is with auras existing at all? Alright.

Stop whining about making them weaker. That cognitive dissonance is bound to get your panties in a big smelly wad.
The problem is the game is not really optimized. Y'all know this already.
:(

1 Flame user, 1 summoner, one bringer of bones mob and fps drop to 8-12
If the issue is that team game is too much easier compare to solo, let just make team game harder. I am playing solo and have a lot of fun. I don't need to.. jealous?

So I don't think that you want to let the party keep +6% max res for each element and more +3% max res from purity. :) Aura synergies should be team privilege or maybe for some aura specialized builds like summoners. Better then previous concept, when every character could keep all or almost all auras.
Last edited by Langhun on Nov 11, 2013, 10:43:04 AM
"
Chris wrote:
My understanding is that the art department is still iterating on how the charges look. As I explained in the video, I filmed it on an early unfinished version of the patch. We'll make sure they look awesome. It's worth noting that the purpose of the charge redesign is so that they can be clearly read on a very busy screen (especially if lots of players or monsters have charges). I did not present it well in the video (by zooming in with nothing else happening). Sorry!

Regarding the Purity balance changes, they seriously improve the game. When a skill is so clearly dominant then it needs to be improved so that there are more decisions related to its use. This change hopefully helps Righteous Fire players because they're able to get close to the Max Fire Resistance cap without also becoming immune to other elements at the same time.

I understand that rebalance within a ladder season has large consequences, but it's for the best of the game if we continue to improve its balance more frequently. It was far worse to leave Spork Totems so dominant for much of this year. I would rather we keep new builds flowing through balance improvements rather than letting the metagame stagnate.

There are balance changes you'll hopefully unanimously appreciate coming in the near future. We process a lot of feedback and have some neat stuff in the works. Until then, please try the new aura skills and let us know your feedback after you've played with them!

Righteous Fire.. I think the latest nerf was enough to put in into the grave, and I don't think adding a little +%max fire at the cost of removing resists from 2 elements is gonna do anything to help it. If you go RF you need alot of specific uniques/gear and passives to make it work, and it's still a very underwhelming build. Won't be room for MF, and that's a gamekiller for me - no fun picking up only one or 2 crap rares per map-run. My RF marauder is playable, but not strong, very slow and also very much relying on very specific gear.
I have a hard time seeing how this purity change is gonna do anything good for my RF marauder, so please don't use that as an excuse to change purity.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Aside from what Anuhart has been saying (which I absolutely agree with), I think the whole 'new 3 auras' thing is an absolute joke. Elemental damage in this game is already extremely dangerous, even more so in higher level maps and that's before you start adding those map mods into the equation, and now GGG is making it even harder for people to even try and gear against it? I get this feeling that GGG really hates players having any sort of advantage, that there can be no 'easy way' in their eyes, that even people who have gotten incredibly good gear can't feel even a modicum of power because then that means they can actually...feel like a badass?

And it's not even the high-end players who are going to take the brutal ball kicks, but rather the people lower on the totem pole who are trying to get their stuff together, trying to fight tooth and nail just to get some sort of feeling of power, and now they're given nothing but headache and trouble. People were using Purity not because it was a 'no-brainer' but because:

1. It allowed them to make up for deficiencies in their gear until they got what they needed and could wean themselves off of the aura.

2. Ran it for the +max resists because again, GGG seems to want elemental damage to be so ludicrously powerful that players need any little advantage to survive it.

3. Because aside from Clarity it's the only aura most/some people want to run along with one other thanks to the poorly designed aura% changes. At least in this case it provided something decent for defense, even more so if you're leveling up and don't have access to twink or 'endgame gear'.

Rarely have I ever seen a company nerf their players over and over and over again (Blizzard being the only other one, though I'm sure there are others people could cite) and to me it seems for no other reason than they just want to take any and every advantage players get and throw it away. Even worse now that the 'new auras' are all different colors means that it's going to be even more tedious to try and gear for the resists, or +max resists that you'll need just to survive the absurd amount of elemental damage in this game. Instead of actually addressing really big concerns like elemental damage spiking to the point it feels like it's out of control, stopping with nerfs that hurt solo players and just make group play even better, etc, etc...nope...we get this.

Very poor change in a sea of poor changes already. :\
"
Omniclasm wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Omniclasm wrote:
Don't understand why "solo" people are whining so much about aura nerfs.

Auras are supposed to be group buffs and support, not solo crutches.

And why exactly do you think a group would need a buff over a solo player?

So your problem is with auras existing at all? Alright.

Stop whining about making them weaker. That cognitive dissonance is bound to get your panties in a big smelly wad.

Well that was an adult answer to a pretty glaringly, obviously, relevant question.

Well done.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 11, 2013, 10:39:57 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Well that was an adult answer to a pretty glaringly, obviously, relevant question.

Well done.

Thanks.

Still not sure why you are furious about group abilities being nerfed while at the same time being furious about groups having an advantage.
"
Omniclasm wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Well done.

Thanks.

Still not sure why you are furious about group abilities being nerfed while at the same time being furious about groups having an advantage.

There is no group nerf here.
Quite the contrary, put a bit of thought into it, for crying out loud.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info