Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

"
mrgrin wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
Guys I don't get it. Just because they want to remove +2% max resistance from Purity aura, you can't play solo or what? Besides they're adding new auras which increases resistance and max resistance to specific element much more!

short version is that it give more power to group play and less to solo players.

Because joining a group means you can instantly run as many auras as you want.

*sigh*
Honestly though, there needs to be a Keystone that converts all "increased radius" for auras into "increased effect".

Along with most auras getting hit with the nerf bat.
"
Langhun wrote:
Guys I don't get it. Just because they want to remove +2% max resistance from Purity aura, you can't play solo or what? Besides they're adding new auras which increases resistance and max resistance to specific element much more!

Solo players lose the +3 max all res above 75 that purity would give in alphas.
They can still get the resistances from purity or the resistances from one of the single elements and the +max from that single one. These gems are all different colours, though. So it isn't as simple as choosing one for the map you are doing. And, many map bosses do all 3 elements.

Group players gain +3 (or more) max res above 75 to every element, as well as the resists from the auras, as well as the resists from purity. A 6 man group can easily run every aura in the game and require very little resistances on gear.

What you need to consider here, is that a member of a 6 man party without any auras, takes less damage than a solo player, to a massive degree. Yet, with 1.0 and 1.0.1, here we are buffing group offence and defence even more and reducing solo defence and offence again. At the same time, reducing gear requirement for grouping even further.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 11, 2013, 10:01:19 AM
Still get excited when new content gets released - great work GGG!

:D
GGG, please focus your next patch on balacing solo vs partyplay. I love and adore this game and I have mostly played alone since closed beta simply because I like to play at my own pace.

I like trading and I think it is part of the game that you cannot find everything on your own but single play definitly needs an upgrade.

"
Omniclasm wrote:
Don't understand why "solo" people are whining so much about aura nerfs.

Auras are supposed to be group buffs and support, not solo crutches.

The whining are more about how much easier it is to play in group compared to play alone and that the gap gets wider for each patch.
So building a self-found char (solo) is just getting more and more difficult! That's a great challenge for me and my preference! Just watch the streamers on Twitch! They, as many other players, do not always play in groups! This is not an MMO!

Not the best work GGG! Balance and content management is not the same! Please adjust your focus and do your best!
Last edited by Kenza on Nov 11, 2013, 10:13:20 AM
Solo is harder and should thus be more rewarding. When are you guys going to address that?
I haven't found a single post where someone said they liked the new appearance of charges.
They do not fit the atmosphere of the game one bit. Please reconsider! :(
The purity nerf just makes the +2 to max resist node too powerful, giving the advantage to classes close to it and punishing ranger and shadow the most! What a horrible decision!

"
Omniclasm wrote:
Don't understand why "solo" people are whining so much about aura nerfs.

Auras are supposed to be group buffs and support, not solo crutches.

And why exactly do you think a group would need a buff over a solo player?

Take away all buffs, the group player takes considerably less damage than a solo player.
Add in buffs, this just reduces the damage a group player takes even further.

The question is, really, in a system that GGG created where they say they can't increase damage in groups because of their armour system (what that has to do with elemental damage I will never know), where a group player will always take less damage;

...why was there ever such a thing as a group buff aura, when looking at it, it was the opposite that was needed, a buff that only worked solo or diminished per group size.

The more one looks at GGG's designs, we see problematic damage systems, armour systems, resist systems, buff systems, group v solo balance and a misplaced currency sink that prevents their challenging hardcore aRPG from being what it says on the tin. Things are really, really fucking messed up from the core and outwards to nearly every design decision made.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 11, 2013, 10:27:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info