[Release]Ingame Itemlevel and DPS Display using Autohotkey

"
Ludak021 wrote:
It's unfair advantage only if you can't use it but someone else can. Not the case with this script. Anyone can use it. If you choose not to, it's your "problem". Besides, it only uses the data already provided by the game.

Seems like a poor justification in my eyes, though if you're happy to play in a competitive league but have to use third party programs because your chip-grease-stained fingers are too fat to type '/itemlevel' like everybody else then crack on.

Also, maphack was freely available to everyone in D2, but most chose not to use it. I would say maphack was an unfair advantage, though by your terms it isn't. Logic motherfucker, do you use it?

edit* spelling.
Last edited by BeardyWill on Nov 11, 2013, 11:27:05 AM
Be nice if GGG would accept that their users are capable of figuring things out and just provide the itemlevel on the item. The only confusing thing is something thats hidden. Anything else can be learned.
What kind of old-fags are against more user friendly interface features?
"
What kind of old-fags are against more user friendly interface features?

Features? No.

Third-party programs? Yes.

"
indczn wrote:
Be nice if GGG would accept that their users are capable of figuring things out and just provide the itemlevel on the item. The only confusing thing is something thats hidden. Anything else can be learned.

Agree entirely. Though this current lack of description isn't grounds to use a third party program to add the information in for you.
Last edited by BeardyWill on Nov 11, 2013, 11:37:44 AM
"
BeardyWill wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:
It's unfair advantage only if you can't use it but someone else can. Not the case with this script. Anyone can use it. If you choose not to, it's your "problem". Besides, it only uses the data already provided by the game.

Seems like a poor justification in my eyes, though if you're happy to play in a competitive league but have to use third party programs because your chip-grease-stained fingers are too fat to type '/itemlevel' like everybody else then crack on.

Also, maphack was freely available to everyone in D2, but most chose not to use it. I would say maphack was an unfair advantage, though by your terms it isn't. Logic motherfucker, do you use it?

edit* spelling.

Are you kidding me? The false equivalencies here are absurd.

Map hack provided additional information that was not given freely by the game. The autohotkey script just takes information that is readily, and freely given and displays it in a more convenient way.

If anyone has fat chip-grease-stained fingers here, it's you, seeing how you seem to care so much about what other people do, using a 'modification' that provides not tangible befits aside from convenience. Also, I'm going to throw in another adjective to describe you, because yours just didn't seem to get the job done well, uneducated.
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:

edit* spelling.

Are you kidding me? The false equivalencies here are absurd.

Map hack provided additional information that was not given freely by the game. The autohotkey script just takes information that is readily, and freely given and displays it in a more convenient way.

If anyone has fat chip-grease-stained fingers here, it's you, seeing how you seem to care so much about what other people do, using a 'modification' that provides not tangible befits aside from convenience. Also, I'm going to throw in another adjective to describe you, because yours just didn't seem to get the job done well, uneducated.

Ok, so I take it you didn't read the post I was responding to - "It's unfair advantage only if you can't use it but someone else can..." where I used maphack as an example as to why this isn't true.

Also I am British, therefore, educated.

Oh and you don't seem to have contributed to this conversation other than to muddy the waters.

So if this mod doesn't give you an advantage, then why bother making it?
Beardy has a right to his opinion, no need to insult each other. If he doesn't want to use it and feels more l33et typing /itemlevel, it's his choice. I just wanted to get "unfair advantage" out of the way because this script is not it. (edit: script is not a hack, you shouldn't compare it to maphack. Those are different things and I am pretty sure hacks are not allowed)

Personally, I either like the item or don't. Only time I check ilvl is when I get chance instead of chaos at vendor bcs one of the items is ilvl59. I don't mind typing it and I am unlikely to use this script anyway. On the other hand, I welcome "bonus" stuff developed by community as long as they are legit and not hacks/cheats.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Nov 11, 2013, 11:53:26 AM
In the order of your comments -

False equivalency, I explained it pretty cut and dry, if you can't understand it, not my problem.

Nationality has nothing to do with education, and the fact that you would use that as evidence proves my point nicely.

It makes the game more convenient, which I clearly said in my previous comment. I'm not sure how that is a tangible benefit, it's just a quality of life thing.
Last edited by Lask001 on Nov 11, 2013, 11:54:28 AM
Not a good Idea to use a third Party program....
Nice work Nip
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info