[Release]Ingame Itemlevel and DPS Display using Autohotkey

Why is this even necessary? d2 didn't have a tooltip for DPS and that game was epic.

Stop being lazy cunts and play it like everyone else - this gives a distinct time advantage when inspecting gear/speed farming.

Ban plx.
"
Nipper4369 wrote:
"
McLeige wrote:
I don't see the problem here, autohotkey does everything you could do normally with any standard windows computer, even in game.

I also don't see the problem with making a directdraw overlay to help out with its functionality in full screen. Doesn't steam already do this with every game you run with it? pressing shift+tab opens an overlay.

This is true. But it is more or less. Do I have permission to do it. Would they get mad if I added a few bits of text in the upper left of the game where there is nothing. But for now running it in fullscreen windowed works just fine for allowing the tooltip to display.

Great work finding this.

Also, as they don't have any kind of anti-hack processing running, they wouldn't know if you had an overlay running.

They use synchronization techniques to prevent hacking (which I don't really agree with, but whatever), and therefore any overlays on your screen, or any processes that are latching onto the poe.exe process should be undetectable.

Just sayin'...
All it does is parse the clipboard and throw up a tooltip. Nothing game breaking.

If GGG didn't want that information available they could just disable copy/past from their app. Other then that whats on my OS clipboard is mine and I will do with it whatever I want.

PS: Its also a good way getting iLevel for items in read only tabs without picking them up.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Last edited by Mr_Bill on Nov 11, 2013, 10:39:20 AM
"
BeardyWill wrote:
Why is this even necessary? d2 didn't have a tooltip for DPS and that game was epic.

Stop being lazy cunts and play it like everyone else - this gives a distinct time advantage when inspecting gear/speed farming.

Ban plx.

Download AHK and use it. Or are you too lazy to do it? ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ban plx.

Didn't you get the memo?

This isn't D2...
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ban plx.

Download AHK and use it. Or are you too lazy to do it? ;)

I'd say not wanting to use something that would save me time and give me an unfair advantage isn't 'lazy'.

"
kez1304 wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ban plx.

Didn't you get the memo?

This isn't D2...

Point being, people used their nous to figure out if a weapon was any good without having to resort to a third party program. You may as well install something to play the game for you.

You could even add on the ability to auto list your items on poe.xyz at the press of a button, or even search for similar items and then have it feedback an average buyout price.

Either way, be a man, play the game as it was intended to be played and stop trying to solve a problem that isn't there. Although this might not be strictly against the ToS, the time saved through using the program gives you a distinct advantage.

Poor sportmanship if you use this.
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ban plx.

What kind of short brain are u?

First off, was a pain to get the ilvl for D2, if u really were a careless person doing trades, ilvl could save u from a few dupes out there, persons where trading a lot of duped stuff claiming that were self found, telling u that a charm was droped by baal and then checking the ilvl to c that it was not 99 was the first step to not continue with the trade, its not the case here but it was something that make me a "lazy cunt" then. Here, u need to know the ilvl to craft a lot of more stuff that in D2, still, u needed to know at least the ilvl of those charms droped by nihla and baal, and sometimes having tons of chars made things kinda chaotic. At the end, believe me, u will need a lot of stash pages for all the loot out there.

And for the famous LCS (lying character screen) , the dps never showed like it should anyway, so why care for the dps on weps? But for the people that wanted to know that, a lot of people made dps calculators over internet, yeah, couse blizz never did it.

I dont c any problem with this script, in fact, u get the code so u can do the "prog" urself, hope the developers inplement something to show the ilvl on the tooltips, I was going to make a macro along with /remaining for that, but for example, Its not going to work for linked items so, its a pain to copy and paste to check the ilvl.

Cheers for the OP that figured out a way to use the clipboard info and make it to auto show the ilvl, maybe a GGG can post about if hes breaking anything so the qq can stop, gl all.
Power and responsibility :P
"
Ulizeus wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ban plx.

What kind of short brain are u?

First off, was a pain to get the ilvl for D2, if u really were a careless person doing trades, ilvl could save u from a few dupes out there, persons where trading a lot of duped stuff claiming that were self found, telling u that a charm was droped by baal and then checking the ilvl to c that it was not 99 was the first step to not continue with the trade, its not the case here but it was something that make me a "lazy cunt" then. Here, u need to know the ilvl to craft a lot of more stuff that in D2, still, u needed to know at least the ilvl of those charms droped by nihla and baal, and sometimes having tons of chars made things kinda chaotic. At the end, believe me, u will need a lot of stash pages for all the loot out there.

And for the famous LCS (lying character screen) , the dps never showed like it should anyway, so why care for the dps on weps? But for the people that wanted to know that, a lot of people made dps calculators over internet, yeah, couse blizz never did it.

I dont c any problem with this script, in fact, u get the code so u can do the "prog" urself, hope the developers inplement something to show the ilvl on the tooltips, I was going to make a macro along with /remaining for that, but for example, Its not going to work for linked items so, its a pain to copy and paste to check the ilvl.

Cheers for the OP that figured out a way to use the clipboard info and make it to auto show the ilvl, maybe a GGG can post about if hes breaking anything so the qq can stop, gl all.

But if there's an incentive to make this program, then there must be an advantage to using it.

Like I said, there's already a way to check itemlevel. Use that.
It's unfair advantage only if you can't use it but someone else can. Not the case with this script. Anyone can use it. If you choose not to, it's your "problem". Besides, it only uses the data already provided by the game.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
As long as GGG wont use sth. like Warden http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_(software)
theres no way to detect that your running autohotkey.

Whats kinda funny this programm does not even send input to poe unlike the /oos makros.

So use it or not and stop whining.

I have an unfair disadvantage too my mouse and keyboard as well as my PC are not as good as others.
Pls GGG ban all with better Computers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info