PvP Loadouts

Hi, for everyone who's really serious in PvP, its pretty much a given that for depending on which player you're against in a PvP, you'll swap out your gear.

To swap out gear, people currently need to keep all of their backup gearin their inventory, but I would like to see a loadout with certain key gear sets so instead of frantically swapping items or gems, people can simple select a loadout and then modify one or two simple things from there. I myself don't like the fact that people can swap gear in the middle of pvp (I think it should only be in allowed in a test PvP arena), but if this is how it must be, then I feel like a loadout would make things a lot simpler.

This is just my opinion. Any feedback, comments, and ideas are all appreciated.
Not sure about a load out but I would really enjoy 5-10 seconds between matches to allow for gear changes.

I think there's enough room in the inventory for 2 sets of gear, then there's weapon swap. Not sure why you'd need more.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I disagree about having loadouts. The only thing I would like to see that would help solve the issue with swapping gear fast is to allow a dead player to access and move around items while he is dead. You have a few seconds where you look at your character dead and you cannot open the inventory until the next round start.
IGN: @GreenDude
should be able to apply buffs before the match starts

If they're going to allow gear swapping (and I think they should, otherwise matches will be extremely rock/paper/scissors) there has to be some downsides, and you want to reward people with builds that can deal with a wider variety of opponents without swapping stuff around.

I think you want to hit a 'goldilocks zone' where swapping is possible but not too easy. Loadouts would make it too easy IMO.
"
Moosifer wrote:
Not sure about a load out but I would really enjoy 5-10 seconds between matches to allow for gear changes.

I think there's enough room in the inventory for 2 sets of gear, then there's weapon swap. Not sure why you'd need more.

Agreed, good idea.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
Moosifer wrote:

Certainly, but changing from PvE to PvP is always a hassle, having to resocket everything. Its a convenience issue, nothing more.

"
aimlessgun wrote:
I think you want to hit a 'goldilocks zone' where swapping is possible but not too easy. Loadouts would make it too easy IMO.

This is exactly why I don't like swapping being an option - I'm not looking for a swapping game with 2 evenly matched characters, I'm looking for a skill focused game testing the strengths of both characters.

However, some people are able to swap more quickly. Should these people be allowed to have an advantage regardless of how their build is focused?
It could be interesting though I think the current "system" is fair.

Guy counters me 1 round, he gets the point while I'm frantically trying to put on my chayula.

You could argue that having loadouts and hotkeys to switch between them would actually increase the twitch skill ceiling (which is pretty low at the moment) though.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
i like the idea of swapping out gear for each different opponent, if you want to pvp you better come in prepared to evolve your style to whoever your fighting. if im actually pvping i bring almost a full inventory of different gems that i might need in any given match, you never know what you will need in a 3v3/6v6 pvp match.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
I like the great ideas around here. I currently do like the set up as it is now. I Pretty much pack my inventory full. Although I do think it would be cool to have quick tabs that u can place items only from your inventory into them and save the loadout. Upon putting this item into your stash it removes the item from the load out. I think the current space is adequate and I wouldnt want to mess with the round timer or alter its countdown per round. The tabs could be useful and still styled around the way the game currently is.

this is a good idea too.

"
GreenDude wrote:
The only thing I would like to see that would help solve the issue with swapping gear fast is to allow a dead player to access and move around items while he is dead. You have a few seconds where you look at your character dead and you cannot open the inventory until the next round start.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Nov 8, 2013, 1:09:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info