Micro Transactions : Points Respec

"
We don’t want to sell anything that affects the game economy or provides a competitive advantage for one player over another. We try to completely divorce our microtransactions from the game balance. Selling items that affect a player’s stats, or can be traded, or provide some type of gameplay boost (e.g. experience potions) are examples of things that we feel would be pay-to-win.

http://geekparty.com/path-of-exiles-chris-wilson-on-microtransactions-and-pay-to-win/

Orb of Regrets are part of the economy. And having unlimited respects is a competitive advantage.
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
Last edited by Delmas on Nov 5, 2013, 6:18:58 PM
"
marremurt wrote:
either you choose to remake a char (buying character spots) - or buying respec for your already used char?

I mean you can buy "extra character slot", if you have to try a new build everytime you need to buy this, but instead of buying this they can buy a tome or respec, thats what im trying to tell :)

Exactly this, it really doesnt matter if you buy character slots or passive skill reset.
Real money involved either way.
The only reason i see for not having this option is that if you just buy the respec, you spend less time ingame ( as a customer, what is bad for GGG ofc ) which you would spend by leveling a new toon.
"
GFValkyria wrote:
"
LucidDreams wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:
No. For the 100th time.

Ill say it again can someone please point me in the direction of where this has been discussed before so I don't have to bore you all again.

if thats the decision GGG have made well then O for Orsm but I wouldnt mind understanding the rationale behind it.

How about you use the search feature?

Tried and I cant find anything maybe im not searching for the right wording.

You could get out of your ivory tower and show me the light of your elitist wisdom if you like?

Im after a discussion or help where to find one not eltists shouting down from there ivory tower thanks.
Tu Meke GGG
"
"
marremurt wrote:
either you choose to remake a char (buying character spots) - or buying respec for your already used char?

I mean you can buy "extra character slot", if you have to try a new build everytime you need to buy this, but instead of buying this they can buy a tome or respec, thats what im trying to tell :)

Exactly this, it really doesnt matter if you buy character slots or passive skill reset.
The only reason i see for not having this option is that if you just buy the respec, you spend less time ingame ( as a customer, what is bad for GGG ofc ) which you would spend by leveling a new toon.

This argument is not true. The same applies for the extra bank slots. Anyone can simply make another account and have the same effect for no cost.

Making a same character and rerolling an already leveled one are in no way the same thing.
Last edited by Delmas on Nov 5, 2013, 6:21:21 PM
"
Delmas wrote:
"
"
marremurt wrote:

This argument is not true. The same applies for the extra bank slots. Anyone can simply make another account and have the same effect for no cost.

not to go into Deep into it but it does start sound like account abusing, i mean instead of buying character slots (as GGG team expect and i understand them) you just make a new account? ;) doesnt that actually fit into an account abusing function if it goes to far?
"
Delmas wrote:

Oh boy, so they demonstrate PoE as a boring looking game ? Just read the text under the 1st screenshot.
- My helmet and wand were looking a little boring (left) until I spiced them up with some microtransactions.
For me it's like saying .... the game looks awful, but only if you buy some items for real money then it will look cool.

"
Delmas wrote:

Making a same character and rerolling an already leveled one are in no way the same thing.

Everyone knows who play this game for some time and has reached high levels and some wealth ingame, that playing this game without stash tabs is impossible. Just show me one streamer or high level character who is still using 4 tabs for all the drops, gems, currencies etc.
Ye right... bull****

And about that "just create a new account".... just lol. I won't comment it at all.

"
"
Delmas wrote:

Oh boy, so they demonstrate PoE as a boring looking game ? Just read the text under the 1st screenshot.
- My helmet and wand were looking a little boring (left) until I spiced them up with some microtransactions.
For me it's like saying .... the game looks awful, but only if you buy some items for real money then it will look cool.

"
Delmas wrote:

Everyone knows who play this game for some time and has reached high levels and some wealth ingame, that playing this game without stash tabs is impossible. Just show me one streamer or high level character who is still using 4 tabs for all the drops, gems, currencies etc.
Ye right... bull****

And about that "just create a new account".... just lol. I won't comment it at all.

I am paraphrasing what the developers said when they were asked about extra tabs. Stash tabs give no competitive advantage. You can live in your world of denial if you wish, just don't spill it all over the real world.
Last edited by Delmas on Nov 5, 2013, 6:41:55 PM
"
LucidDreams wrote:

Tried and I cant find anything maybe im not searching for the right wording.

You could get out of your ivory tower and show me the light of your elitist wisdom if you like?

Im after a discussion or help where to find one not eltists shouting down from there ivory tower thanks.

Because it's really hard to use the search feature
Buying a full respect will just mess with the economy but it doesn't give anyone a "competitive edge".

Just ask yourself how many of the top ladder players are doing major respecs (nevermind full respecs)with orbs of regret? Basically the competitive edge idea is just a bunch of good sounding rhetoric, makes persons saying such a thing believe they know what's actually going on in the game.

Frankly given the nature of doing a full respect, who's to say a player won't do a worse job at the skill tree than his initial build. Unless of course they copy and paste a proven build, but by that time everyone else has already passed them.
Last edited by Baskerville on Nov 5, 2013, 7:14:13 PM
Absolutly not, it's pay to win and not something the devs will implement, nor is free respecs at will....NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

There are other ARPG's that cater to your needs
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 5, 2013, 7:19:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info