Micro Transactions : Points Respec

Hey all

Was just wondering since I have been away for a while if there was any plans to have a micro transaction where you can get a passive skill points respec.

Example

Whilst I love reading everyone's builds etc and would love to just copy them I love to make my own path and learn from my own mistakes. Now I would like to be able to respec once I got to say the second difficulty level instead of starting again with another toon if I found that I had gimped my toon.

I dont see this as P2W as really its not quarantining you don't gimp it for a second time, rather it has to do with the fact I have limited time in which to play and I would like to be able to try out different builds without having to play through the grind over and over again. It in no way advantages anyone except for time maybe but then if we spend most of our time slaving away at the oars to stop the slave ship going in circles surely I can decide to spend my hard earned pesos on saving me time in game and also saving me from myself haha.

Thoughts?
Anyone know if this is something they are thinking about?
Tu Meke GGG
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is not even a possibility. Also mods should move this thread to suggestions.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
i actually agree it would be useful if an item in microtransaction existed named "Tome of Respec" - returning currently all used passive Points to unused state.

Coulda cost 300-400 Micros hehe

"
ignarsoll wrote:
This is not even a possibility. Also mods should move this thread to suggestions.

why is this not possible? - its neither a pay2win aspect or something who give an unfair advantage, some people does actually not prefer on remaking accs everytime they want to try new builds, and this might give a headup for ggg team to earn extra Money from.

"
Alhoon wrote:
I fail to see how this is NOT pay to win. Same goes for GGG, they've answered this multiple times: it will not happen.

i would love an answer why you fail not to see its a pay to win aspect, either you choose to remake a char (buying character spots) - or buying respec for your already used char?

I mean you can buy "extra character slot", if you have to try a new build everytime you need to buy this, but instead of buying this they can buy a tome or respec, thats what im trying to tell :)
Last edited by marremurt on Nov 5, 2013, 6:01:22 PM
I fail to see how this is NOT pay to win. Same goes for GGG, they've answered this multiple times: it will not happen.
As mentioned I have just returned from an exodus so if you could point me in the direction of where this has been discussed that would be help full.

Also how is this not possible?

And how is this Pay to Win?

I fail to see what advantage this gives anyone. if you ask me it inspires diversity instead of cookie cutter builds. Sure I can read I could just build my toon like everyone else but why should I not be able to experiment and learn from my mistakes without having to reroll several of the same toons?

Also as mentioned above you can buy more character slots to do the same thing a tome could .

Also this will put people off the game which means they wont be buying neat glowy effect things things which will hamper the game income. Now you as the player no doubt say good riddance but it really stifles diversity.

I thought this game was trying to break the mold by encouraging diff builds and trying different things and as I said back in Closed Beta days I think the team have done a wonderful job, not all of us are time rich though and im not going to re roll the same character purely based on making a few bad decisions earlier on.
Tu Meke GGG
Last edited by LucidDreams on Nov 5, 2013, 6:09:23 PM
No. For the 100th time.
"
zachatta wrote:
No. For the 100th time.

Ill say it again can someone please point me in the direction of where this has been discussed before so I don't have to bore you all again.

if thats the decision GGG have made well then O for Orsm but I wouldnt mind understanding the rationale behind it.
Tu Meke GGG
I too have a limited time to play this game.
Looking forward to the 10 chaos bundle microtransaction, as I would much rather spend my limited time playing the game, rather than trading and farming.
Last edited by boof on Nov 5, 2013, 6:13:59 PM
"
LucidDreams wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:
No. For the 100th time.

Ill say it again can someone please point me in the direction of where this has been discussed before so I don't have to bore you all again.

if thats the decision GGG have made well then O for Orsm but I wouldnt mind understanding the rationale behind it.

How about you use the search feature?
"
boof wrote:
I too have a limited time to play this game.
Looking forward to the 10 chaos bundle microtransaction, as I would much rather spend my limited time playing the game, rather than trading and farming.

that on other hand would be unfair advantage/p2w - after all chaos is used for more then only 1 thing - gamblin, Selling, buying and so on.

I know you tryd to give an example but this were really bad example :)

well im not really trying to get anything outa this just want to have a nice shitchat with people about this matter, but people tend to go aggressive or not give any useful arguments/statements, thats the sad part of this Community.

Thanks ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info