Dual Physical Wand Ranger (6/14/13)

I've made a translation of this guide on Russian. You can view it here.

Сделал перевод гайд на русский. Можете прочитать его здесь.
Слава Україні!
Last edited by zhandarm on Jan 27, 2013, 10:21:40 AM
"
xioner wrote:
Around what level do people like to switch to wands from bow? I'm lvl 37 and I still think that right now it wouldn't be a good idea. At least 10 more levels for some int nodes and dw dmg % nodes.

It depends on the items you have. If you have good enough wands, then anytime is fine. If you don't you should probably wait until you do or have enough dual wielding passives chosen.

"
zhandarm wrote:
I've made a translation of this guide on Russian. You can view it here.

Сделал перевод гайд на русский. Можете прочитать его здесь.

Oh wow, that's really cool!

Edit: I've added it to the first post. Thanks!
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jan 27, 2013, 2:20:14 PM
What path would you suggest to use while leveling up with this build?
"
Faisken wrote:
What path would you suggest to use while leveling up with this build?

I suggest first going for most of the defense and Life nodes along the path to the Frenzy Charges, then branching out to non weapon specific damage and attack speed nodes, and then to dual wielding and critical strikes nodes. I'll make and update the first post with milestone versions of the tree in around two hours.
same name in-game
Why not Fork + LMP ? Pretty good for AoE I'd say.
"
xioner wrote:
Why not Fork + LMP ? Pretty good for AoE I'd say.

I'd recommend only using one area focused support for the area focused Frenzy. This is because you'll be doing more physical damage per hit, and with the way armor works, will be much more effective. Essentially, the more physical damage per hit, the more it, in a way, penetrates the enemies armor.

Plus, the build's high attack speed will make up for the "reach" of an area focused support gem combination such as Chain + Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

Oh, and when it comes to the passive tree milestones, I feel I gave a good enough explanation as to what to do in just words, so I'll update the first post with it.
same name in-game
Updated with a level 85 version of the tree and some updates to the first post.
same name in-game
I know people don't read my guides (lols) but I think it's fun to update some every once in awhile. If you still want to make a dual physical wand character I'd recommend being either a Duelist, Ranger, or Shadow (they're all around equally viable). The level 90 passive tree can be found here; just switch the starting nodes if you want to go with either Ranger or Shadow instead.

Changes are pretty obvious, when it comes to gems. With your multiple target Frenzy you'll want to link it to Mana Leech (high quality is essential), Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, Added Fire Damage, and Increased Critical Damage. Instead of Critical Weakness you'll want to use Projectile Weakness for guaranteed pierce, as you'll have enough Critical Strike Chance/Damage anyways. Perhaps I'll update the first post if there's any interest.
same name in-game
Basically the only reason I play Path of Exile now is to try out unique builds such as this one. As long as the builds have some good survivability since I only play hardcore. Definitely going to try this build out and see what happens. Hope to see some updates.
You still got a working tree for this sitting around? The bottom part in the duelist tree in 1.1 got chewed up by an update somewhere along the line. Also making physical wanding work has been my life's goal since I saw the Elder Power notable, I swear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info