Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

SEA game Publishers are terrible they lose more money than they make,provide horrible customer service, terrible content planning, non-existent community involvement and atrocious marketing. if Asiasoft did not have Maplestory they would have gone out of business 5 years ago and Garena being funded by tencent, well their not gonna run out of money no matter how much they lose.
I remember this one game (RO2SEA) during OBT where the gold farmers spamming every chat channels and players have to hide/ignore/block it.

I can see the same thing will happen to POESEA soon. Oh and don't forget multi-languages RMT ads too.
Worldwide?

How about people with Macs. Dominus still crashes the wine wrapped version, guys.
"
"
nieth79 wrote:
You guys are wrong. The undefeated champion of the gaming suck is EA. garena is the first runner up.

I'll put it this way - i live in Singapore, i do not wish to play on garena, if i have a choice i will be staying with what it is now, if i am forced to play over garena - i will simply not play at all.

(after all who wants to play with a million 'ni hao farmers'? remember the D2 Asia realm? You do not see anything but 'ni hao' all day long)

if you are not a chinese,there will be no problem. i wont mind the you said the words "ni hao farmer". you also can simply ignore the words below.

但如果你是华人,我希望你还看得懂汉字。我想说,不要觉得说英语就高人一等,主动放弃母语改说英语,这种事只有新加坡的华人干得出来。舔腚眼子不光荣,不要一副狗仗人势优越感十足的样子,好吗?

请别把新加坡人说得那么难听好吗?并不是每个新加坡人都是这样的。我相信他并不是以为自己能说英语就认为自己高人一等,只是不想那些‘nihao farmers’出现,他们会把游戏的经济制度搞砸。
honestly who cares if garena is terrible,although they are pretty terrible,chris wouldnt let us get fucked over.

all i need to know is if i do want to play on their servers do i have to start over again, or do i get like a transfer option like what they did with LoL but hopefully not limited like LoL(fuckin pricks). i still have like 5 skins just wasting away in the NA servers.

"
Cycl3 wrote:
I don't think it is a good idea to further split the user group.
This game is too complicated for most of the Asia players, they would prefer easier, simpler and pay-to-win games. The remaining Asian players who love this game would like to join the larger community instead of a small SEA party.

My suggestion if you want to make the game more friendly to Asians, is to create a Chinese translation of the game (some Taiwan forum is doing it on each patch), and a Chinese sub-forum (well I don't sure if it is necessary), may be a Chinese Trade chat channel is nice also

But please, DON'T make a separate server

Edit: Discussion on SEA server on TW forum (Chinese):
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=18966&snA=15709&tnum=14

I'm from Asia and I love this game so much, and I quit D3 because POE.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
I found some people here are confuse...If don't want to play in Garena, just continue playing POE on GGG server.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
Last edited by dohh2008 on Nov 8, 2013, 3:27:10 AM
Yea, only my SEA friends in the future will have to play on Garena, I feel much better now thanks.
EDIT: to clarify, Chris' wording sounds like new players will be region-locked

Its not solely about our own short-term enjoyment, its about POE as a game and where its going in the future. This is a game most are planning to play for the next decade+. Depending on how much power Garena has, or will gain in the future, GarenaPOE will devolve to just another corporate MMO and what then?
Last edited by AiSard on Nov 8, 2013, 9:17:26 AM
This news completely depressed me until I read the part about not region-locking us.

I do not want to play on Garena servers. Their pricing is always different, they lock out some items to make them exclusive for events/contests and the updates are usually 1-2 weeks late. Back then, the updates could be as late as 3 months.

For those of you who play League of Legends, Garena handled it very awfully in its first few months. They locked majority of champions behind real money. There were only very few champs you could buy with IP and they all cost 9600IP. This is the time when there were rarely even any 6300IP champs.

I do not care even if I get better pings. I will not play on Garena. Not introducing an IP lock was a really great decision. Let people who want to play on Garena play on Garena. I'd rather just play on the Steam version while purchasing credits directly from GGG. The day GGG gets pressured into IP locks is the day I quit the game permanently.
Last edited by WolfAkela on Nov 8, 2013, 1:23:41 PM
This is good news, I'm playing from Thailand and I'm excited, but I'll be playing on the current server instead of the SEA server, well maybe I'll try SEA server out once it's open.

I don't know about other SEA countries where Garena provided services but in Thailand they are absolutely phenomenal. A lot of tournaments with high prize cash rewards, especially for Heroes of Newerth and Fifa Online 3, both games are prominent with a lot of fans and supporters. They did a great job with their strategic marketing plan, so I'm having high hope for PoE here as well.

But one problem with Garena is they rely too much on in-game transactions like HoN and FO3.
Heroes in HoN are not free to play but you have to purchase them, so I'm a bit worry in this sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info