Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

"
Hilbert wrote:
Hey Garena is great, soon you will be able to enjoy the magic of "bugged" items just like in D2.

You can buy bugged 6 link Kaoms with 20000 Life on your RMT Site of your trust.
Not satisfied? 896 max damage LionEyes Glare 6 linked of course.
Or how about bugged goldrim with +24 to max resists and +100 to all resists

Because the source of the items can't be found. GGG proudly presents the FINAL exclamation mark character wipe.

Do your RMT homework.

LMAO Made My Day!!!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Hey Garena is great, soon you will be able to enjoy the magic of "bugged" items just like in D2.

You can buy bugged 6 link Kaoms with 20000 Life on your RMT Site of your trust.
Not satisfied? 896 max damage LionEyes Glare 6 linked of course.
Or how about bugged goldrim with +24 to max resists and +100 to all resists

Because the source of the items can't be found. GGG proudly presents the FINAL exclamation mark character wipe.

Do your RMT homework.

You forgot about the bugged Tabula Rasa with 20+ white links.
I'm confused by the replies in this thread, and I'm sure it stems mainly from my own ignorance on how certain things work.

The main thing I don't get is the seeming implication that Garena will have full access to the game's code and the right to edit it as they see fit. Won't GGG retain full rights and ownership of PoE as the writers and developers of the game and all its content? I thought publishing was merely using your existing distribution network to get an existing product into new markets and did not grant the publisher editing rights to the content published.

If laws prevent GGG from distributing PoE in certain areas without a local publisher, then this would seem to be a good thing.

So, I guess I would appreciate some clarification on how publishing works in the game world and I think it's a fair question also regarding IP bans for non-existing users, whoever above pointed out the language in Chris's post raised a good point about that.

Personally, unless you have to use a non-PoE distribution service, I have no idea why you would. I get GGG putting PoE on Steam to raise awareness, I just have no clue why anyone who could download PoE from the website would choose Steam.

Sorry to be a little rambly, I had one more thought: if this agreement with Garena gives people access to PoE that could not access it before, and people can choose to use Garena or not as they see fit, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing in any way.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Sorry to be a little rambly, I had one more thought: if this agreement with Garena gives people access to PoE that could not access it before, and people can choose to use Garena or not as they see fit, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing in any way.

I want to say that for those who didn't play here before it started on Garena they will probably have their IP restricted so that they can probably only play through Garena. This will be bad in the sense that if people in those regions wanna play PoE they have to install Garena and that they can't ever play on the main version, which is here.

Some internet service providers in the region serviced by Garena uses IP address sharing. (i.e. when someone who uses a particular IP address for internet access logs off, the next random person under the same ISP gets assigned that same IP address)

I am not sure but hoping that doesn't mean that players who are already here will get restricted/banned cause of their IP addresses.
"
Ongjming wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

I want to say that for those who didn't play here before it started on Garena they will probably have their IP restricted so that they can probably only play through Garena. This will be bad in the sense that if people in those regions wanna play PoE they have to install Garena and that they can't ever play on the main version, which is here.

Some internet service providers in the region serviced by Garena uses IP address sharing. (i.e. when someone who uses a particular IP address for internet access logs off, the next random person under the same ISP gets assigned that same IP address)

I am not sure but hoping that doesn't mean that players who are already here will get restricted/banned cause of their IP addresses.

See, you said nothing useful. "Probably have their IP restricted".

"
Archwizard wrote:
So, I guess I would appreciate some clarification on how publishing works in the game world and I think it's a fair question also regarding IP bans for non-existing users, whoever above pointed out the language in Chris's post raised a good point about that.

Re: Already here players.

"
Secondly, Garena understand that we have existing users who play in territories that Garena will represent us in, and that those users may continue to want to play on the worldwide realm that we control. These users will not be IP restricted - they'll be able to continue playing Path of Exile on our servers just like they do right now.

Chris EXPLICITLY addressed that point in the OP.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
you guys really nid to hurry up. im srs. south east aisa is not a final plan for your development in asia. china is the perfect market. you guys must know D3 is still NOT available in china. so if you get the approval before D3, you may have the chance to be as successful as LOL ,which imitated and defeated DOTA2.

im a chinese who's from the main land of china. Diablo II effected the whole generation of us just like what it did to you. so i know how badly we desire a good Diablo-like game ,when D3 is already published but we cannot play it.

POE is a great game i get to say. i love it so much. so i just know there gonna be millions of us are going to be crazy with it just like me. so plz, make china a focus of your work. it will be a win-win.

i wish some day i could play this game with my own ppl .

:)
You guys are beyond awesome. Especially for the second point being made. Been in that situation for quite a few games, and it was horrible.

THANKS.
没有自动攻击怪物,中国市场不看好
没有华丽时装,中国市场不看好
没有快速到达boss位置,中国市场不看好
没有……
---------------说笑而已,我认为没必要有,只需要多设置几种语言就可以了
某些数据可以让客户端处理,更好的缓解网络紧张
不论怎么样,我很喜欢pathofexile,在它之前,任何网络游戏半小时我就卸载
wait so does that mean i'd have to start over if i played through garena? what if it's servers work way better for me, i dont wanna leave everything ive worked for behind.
"
bruteface wrote:
wait so does that mean i'd have to start over if i played through garena? what if it's servers work way better for me, i dont wanna leave everything ive worked for behind.

yea can we have character transfer...or the real money spend in global to garena

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info