DonaldF's EK DANMAKU Ranger Extremely High DPS /Jan.14 little update [Videos]

"
Hirukaru wrote:
Zacard might work in standard league but wonder if it will work in Nemesis/HC.

Donald thanks for the update I will continue to build this character.

Gear:
Spoiler

I think it's a lot harder in Nemesis. Maybe you want to try out in standard first.
I believe you need a least like 50+ to make this build really work efficiently. You need a lot of health node and iron reflex to build up your defense. And lvl up using ST and DS. After you hit like 50+ you can have sufficient critical chance to make this build really works.

Does this build need higher end CPU?
acct: Daytrippers
Main char: DayRip
thanks for the awesome build DonaldF. I'm a new player and this is great.

I was wondering, if I could level using mainly EK instead of anything else effectively? You mentioned spectral throw, but I just died on my spectral throw ranger and I want to try something new.

Will it still be viable to use ethereal knives from level 4 to whatever with daggers?
IGN:ItsSuperEffective
If an item is verified, it is still for sale :)
If I am offline and you have a ?, send me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP, thank you.
Last edited by opTical_iLLusion on Nov 6, 2013, 5:29:09 PM
I'm building this right now as a Scion and going Vaal Pact/// CI with 1h and shield instead of dual wield. Links will be Cyclone / CoC / Life Leech / EK / EK / EK

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABbUM8g5IEHsRLxGWFSAV1xa_GNsZhhmKGo8c3B2qIWAi6ii1KaUqTSsKLIUsvyzpLag74UCgRZZGcUcGTipWY1oaW69d8l9qbRlvnnBScFZwu3DVdPF9W3_GgwmGrofbiEKQG5LNkvOTJ5mamhObtZ2jnrmiLqKjpcunK6xHsZC0DLTFtve31r46wQDBxcHzwuzDOsNtykrN6teG2xrbWdvU3Q3hiOL36NbrLOtj7BjvTvId8-r1S_ba-wn8qw==
Last edited by Powerturnip on Nov 6, 2013, 5:51:15 PM
Hey,im thinking of trying this build out looks great,but after the nerf,whats it like? still as effective?
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/
Yep how is this build after todays nerf?
it seems to have hurt its defense's somewhat on mine.

immortal call isnt as fast due to the 250ms but still works.

the leech/sustain portion took the biggest hit as far as i can tell. mine isnt leeching near as much as it was... also due to the 250ms on the defensive ek's.

the damage is still good but the defenses are lower.

thats my experience anyway.
IGN: @Chopatron
"
owlyue1 wrote:
can u up endgame build with 110 or more points ?

I really love high DPS. So, I'll take Throatseeker.
You can choose Throatseeker, Blinding Speed, Dervish, Vaal Pact, Crit nodes around Bloodthirst and Life nodes.

"
daytrippers wrote:
Does this build need higher end CPU?

I'm using Core2Duo CPU that I bought 4 years ago :p
But, playing PoE needs good Graphic Card IMO.

Mine is Geforce 550Ti Boost.

"
thanks for the awesome build DonaldF. I'm a new player and this is great.

I was wondering, if I could level using mainly EK instead of anything else effectively? You mentioned spectral throw, but I just died on my spectral throw ranger and I want to try something new.

Will it still be viable to use ethereal knives from level 4 to whatever with daggers?

I think using EK for leveling is not good.
EK needs high mana cost. This build doesn't have enough Mana.
I really recommend you to use weapon.

"
Powerturnip wrote:
I'm building this right now as a Scion and going Vaal Pact/// CI with 1h and shield instead of dual wield. Links will be Cyclone / CoC / Life Leech / EK / EK / EK

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABbUM8g5IEHsRLxGWFSAV1xa_GNsZhhmKGo8c3B2qIWAi6ii1KaUqTSsKLIUsvyzpLag74UCgRZZGcUcGTipWY1oaW69d8l9qbRlvnnBScFZwu3DVdPF9W3_GgwmGrofbiEKQG5LNkvOTJ5mamhObtZ2jnrmiLqKjpcunK6xHsZC0DLTFtve31r46wQDBxcHzwuzDOsNtykrN6teG2xrbWdvU3Q3hiOL36NbrLOtj7BjvTvId8-r1S_ba-wn8qw==

Please tell us your impressions. When you have completed your character.

"
karim17 wrote:
Hey,im thinking of trying this build out looks great,but after the nerf,whats it like? still as effective?

Damage Taken gem 250ms is good change. Now, we don't need to be afraid Reflect Loop Death.
However, CwDT and CoC still way too OP.
I think it will be nerfed in the near future.
IGN:DonaldF_DS
Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3Cv4VyTLmec7UHsaNBuiw
Thanks for the build, it is really fun. And so well thought through, amazing.

Anyway, I have some questions: Right now I'm using level 5 ST and I see you do too, but Cyclone just looks and feels wayyy cooler, any mana possible way to make it work? I'm also interested in your flask setup. Just because you will most likely know which flasks work best with the build.

To the guy asking to level *with* EK, don't, as Donald said. Level them in your x hand, i have 6 EK leveling there, you never know when you might need them.

I hope not too many find this build, at least not before I can buy my last CwDT.

Again, thanks, great job.
"
xtacb wrote:
how do you know this will be nerfed?

i wanna try this build...but i dont wanna go all through and level the character all the way up to end up with a useless passive tree when nerfed...

As of 11/07/2013, ggg have nerfed it alittle bit, and they will change more about it.
Last edited by kongyuyu on Nov 7, 2013, 5:37:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info