DonaldF's EK DANMAKU Ranger Extremely High DPS /Jan.14 little update [Videos]

"
This seems broken...

cast on crit + EK + EK + EK

lol

ofc it is, making builds that exploit broken stuff is a priority.

I think ggg did not consider all aspect of trigger gems carefully. And that is perfectly fine, I mean its quite easier and more fruitful if 100k people consider them compared to few ggg employes. I am glad trigger gems were released, and I am sure they will be fixed some day.

We need more builds like these so trigger gems are fixed. Imo this build is perfectly fine only the EK + EK + EK part bugs me. It should not be allowed to link same skill gem so that it works. Like with support gems, it should stand for trigger gems + skill gems (only one of a kind skill gem per trigger gem). Other than that trigger gems need either a cooldown or mana cost or something like that.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
I think this build is perfectly legit and shouldn't be nerfed. It has a such a massive drawback, that is reflect mobs and lightning thorns of course. One accidental crit into a pack and you are as good as screwed.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
missuse wrote:
"
This seems broken...

cast on crit + EK + EK + EK

lol

ofc it is, making builds that exploit broken stuff is a priority.

I think ggg did not consider all aspect of trigger gems carefully. And that is perfectly fine, I mean its quite easier and more fruitful if 100k people consider them compared to few ggg employes. I am glad trigger gems were released, and I am sure they will be fixed some day.

We need more builds like these so trigger gems are fixed. Imo this build is perfectly fine only the EK + EK + EK part bugs me. It should not be allowed to link same skill gem so that it works. Like with support gems, it should stand for trigger gems + skill gems (only one of a kind skill gem per trigger gem). Other than that trigger gems need either a cooldown or mana cost or something like that.

its really not broken though, i mean reflect is pretty much instant death if you dont have immortall call on, thorns is instant death either way, big hits are also 1 shot deals since kinda low life..

by the way, its not the highest damage build in PoE

but if a build would win the fun cake, its this one.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 4, 2013, 8:17:38 PM
man I would love to try this out but I fear it's a pretty expensive build because of the gems.lol
Compared to other builds with comparable damage output and clearspeed i would say this build is cheap.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
Last edited by Strimlaren on Nov 4, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
cheap if you can afford the 20+ chaos worth of cast when dmg taken and cast on crit gems lol
Submit this to the Build of the Week. It is an awesome build and should be showcased. ^_^
"
VictorDoom wrote:

its really not broken though, i mean reflect is pretty much instant death if you dont have immortall call on, thorns is instant death either way, big hits are also 1 shot deals since kinda low life..

by the way, its not the highest damage build in PoE

but if a build would win the fun cake, its this one.

Ofc its not highest dps i poe xD,possibly even I have better dps on ranger, but that's besides the point. With comparable gear his creation takes on every mine by a long shot.

how many builds can pass dominus with tabula rasa equiped? summoner and this guy!
I am not talking about uber geared chars. I can pass dominus with tabula but that's besides the point. If I had gear like this chap I would die in an instant. Tabula rasa + drop only gear, with no luck.

Reflect is a problem with any high output char. If this guy had better defenses (like a normal 6L chest) with hp and res and better gear how tough would he be?

OFC this build has drawbacks, I don't say nerf coz I think it is overpowered but because I don't think 1 trigger gem should work with several instances of the same gem linked.
Atm trigger gems have no drawback at all. Hence they can be exploited in many ways.

I agree on the fun cake, I fell in love with this when I saw it. Especially with my attitude, I was like lets see this "best dps..." thread to have a lough... But it was actually fun and creative.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Nov 5, 2013, 1:24:25 AM
I consider rolling one :-)

Use Maligaro's
Use a rustic sash belt (+24% Phys dmg implicite)
PCoC not planned? So much critchance should be enhanced even more :P
Crit/Phys/Spelldamage daggers are the way, I think.

but else, nice build, let's see if I got 10 EK's in my stash :PPP

IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
missuse wrote:

Ofc its not highest dps i poe xD,possibly even I have better dps on ranger, but that's besides the point. With comparable gear his creation takes on every mine by a long shot.

how many builds can pass dominus with tabula rasa equiped? summoner and this guy!
I am not talking about uber geared chars. I can pass dominus with tabula but that's besides the point. If I had gear like this chap I would die in an instant. Tabula rasa + drop only gear, with no luck.

Reflect is a problem with any high output char. If this guy had better defenses (like a normal 6L chest) with hp and res and better gear how tough would he be?

OFC this build has drawbacks, I don't say nerf coz I think it is overpowered but because I don't think 1 trigger gem should work with several instances of the same gem linked.
Atm trigger gems have no drawback at all. Hence they can be exploited in many ways.

I agree on the fun cake, I fell in love with this when I saw it. Especially with my attitude, I was like lets see this "best dps..." thread to have a lough... But it was actually fun and creative.

Well, you have to note that this build is too risky..

You might be attacking a mob of reflect mobs and realise that you are doing fine aka a false sense of security and suddenly the cast on damage taken gem procs and you have four more EKs blasting them; you just insta die.

My point being you can't control how many EKs fly out, really this build is good in terms of DPS but its way too risky to be played at higher levels. Better defenses won't really make a difference when your DPS exceeds a certain threshold.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info