Black Screen While Playing, No error code

bump. i also have this issue. everything worked perfect until recently. same symptoms as poster, anywhere between 30-300 minutes black screen pc crash even the power button doesnt turn it off have to pull the plug. all other games run perfect. 660gtx 955be 8gram win 7. was there a possible solution?
Not even death can save you from me...
Same exact problem here, except game crashes at pretty regular intervals (10-20 mins of play) and computer goes into a forced restart. From what I've gathered, this problem is caused by the video subsystems and some have recommended that I uninstall GPU drivers with DriverSweeper and then reinstall later, however this driver remover software is not working correctly for me (won't run). Please help :/
i have the same problem, except that i have a heat problem(65/70°C)...BUT only with "normal" PoE, with The Awakening Closed Beta i don't have ANY issues! :c did you try the beta?

EDIT: Bump bump bump
Last edited by ambro09 on Jul 1, 2015, 6:57:26 PM
Exact same problem here. Only happens with POE not with my other games, black screen and audio loop crash.
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
having same problem no over heating issues and my oc is not on crashes black to where i have to reboot pc no lag problems i

pc specs
msi nightblade barebone
gigabyte gforce gtx 970
i5-4690k @3.5ghz
16gb hyperx ram
2x256gb crucial msata ssd in super raid zero boot drive
1tb wd black hybrid drive
Dell 24 Ultra HD 4K Monitor - P2415Q
windows 8.1pro
Last edited by ozakoa on Jul 31, 2015, 12:39:56 PM
I've been having the similar issue.. While playing POE the screens go completely black and my PC becomes unresponsive to the point that I have to hard restart the PC..

But here is something interesting.. my game only appears to crash in act 4.

I've ...
- upgrade/downgraded my nVidia driver with same result.
- turned down graphic setting with same result.
- monitored my PC for possible cooling issues (nothing to report).
- run steam "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.."
- run PackCheck provided by GGG in POE main path (no issues were found)..
- verified the integrity of my hardware such as; HDD, SSD, GPU and CPU.

Haven't ...
- Re-installed the game..
- can't think of anything else..

I'm almost positive that this issue is not an hardware issue as I have played more graphic heavy, high cpu usage games with no issues.

It's indeed quite frustrating to have both of my rips in tempest be the cause of a crash. If there is anything else I can try, please share!

Thank you,
Mo
Last edited by haqshot on Aug 2, 2015, 7:16:30 PM
Well..

I got the same problem here.
Is there a solution to this problem ?

I played for 4-5 days without any crashes but now it happening again.

One day it crashed up to 6-7 times.

I will follow this thread and hope for a solution.
Having the same issue. If I end process and try to get back into game, it crashes my pc. BSOD. I have tried to mess with detail settings, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, tried older ones, tried beta ones. I get the code, STOP: 0x00000116 which is a driver failure message but, I don't think that is very accurate..

I do not have a heating problem, I play more demanding games that actually heat my machine up. Rust, DayZ, BF4 etc, I can run these on almost topped out visuals. Nothing is over clocked. Here are my specs.

ASUS M5A99 fx R2.0
AMD FX-8320 @ 3.5
Sapphire R7 265 2GB
8 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR4 18XX (Cant remember the last two digits)

I have tried the windowed, full screen and windowed full. I have messed with all I could. This is seriously annoying.. Not to mention the Blue screening. Are mods, admins or GMs just looking over this thread? I haven't seen to many posts from anyone at that status. Just those reporting in with the same ordeal, pretty pitiful of an administration.
What's even worse is when people don't follow the rules for the forum and post "same" in someone else's thread thereby hijacking it. They have those rules in place for a reason.

You want help? Go read the stickies, post the info that they request IN YOUR OWN THREAD and any other pertinent data that they may need. Otherwise, I highly doubt that this thread would get a response as there are way too many people chiming in on it and at that point, it would get way too confusing trying to help everyone out.

Edit: That, and someone decided to necro a thread from 2013......
Last edited by DuneTertiary on Oct 24, 2015, 12:26:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info