One week of release and 1.0.1 Support Gem teaser

I honestly don't like gems like Empower that only have 2 levels and take forever to level for several reasons.

#1 - you waste a gem slot for sooooooooooo long
#2 - the amount of experience required to even use the gem is just daunting. Play all day and the exp on the gem barely moves even with high quality
#3 - The excitement of finding the gem versus other gems is just not there. Multistrike / cast on damage taken? I'm super stoked. Empower? Eh, I can sell it at least.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I wanted to. Anyway, this is just how I feel and is purely subjective.
ign: Vixien
I dont think we can QQ about the gem slots now .. at least not since aura nerfs ...
so yea "gief ixp" good support gem if u really wanna rush some levels .

Keep up this good work GGG <3 !
Last edited by beeboo77 on Oct 31, 2013, 4:25:30 AM
"
Wisdom wrote:
"
So the known pro sites that aren't giving the game scores as high are doing it wrong, and Forbes of all sites got it right because it ignorantly slapped down a 9.5. Now thats mind blowing.
By your standards, there isn't a single valid review out there for Path of Exile because no reviewers have played the game for hundreds of hours. As far as I can tell, this Forbes reviewer spent more time playing the game than any of the other reviewers. At least this guy was able to experience all 3 acts of the released game.

The only reviewer to give this game below an 8/10 is Eurogamer, and it's fairly obvious that they didn't beat normal difficulty (or even act 2). I don't think they even played release at all because all of the pictures they used were from open beta. There's something to be said about a game not being able to hold someones attention for more than a few hours, but there's also something to be said about lazy journalism.

The Eurogamer review is clearly the result of lazy journalism. The reviewer played the game for an extremely brief amount of time and then lied to give the impression that he had played it for longer. The Forbes reviewer, on the other hand, at least experienced the story content. I think the Forbes video game review system is set up in a way to inflate review scores (even more so than the rest of the video game journalists), but that's a separate issue.

Not just path of exile, but no valid review for any game in the history of gaming. get your facts straight!
gz ggg! lot of new players, so sometimes you land in /trade 43 or something ;)

as for the review, the author may not have played 100´s of hours, but a lot of players including me have. and it is the best fucking arpg atm. :)

"
Players that are looking for a substantial challenge can play in Hardcore mode, where a character only lives once. After death, characters are moved over into Standard play. This game mode has created a substantial following as a source of streaming entertainment on sites like Twitch.tv as characters “RIP” to the cheers, jeers, and lamentations of the crowd.

:D reep!
"
Asmosis wrote:
Not just path of exile, but no valid review for any game in the history of gaming. get your facts straight!
That doesn't make any sense. Most games are not online only games that take that much commitment.
"
Wisdom wrote:
I think the Forbes video game review system is set up in a way to inflate review scores (even more so than the rest of the video game journalists), but that's a separate issue.
Thats the issue that I've been discussing. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks its a joke, although I have no experience with Forbes reviews, so I guess its even worse then I thought. Maybe thats what Chris meant by blown away though. Blown away by how bullshit the review is.
Are people really complaining about more options? I cant understand this. As far as I know there will be hundreds and hundreds of unique items, even more skill gems and possible builds.
Aw it looks like a heart.
"
bah bah bah d3 is cool, poe is not

Ok, we get that you are d3 fan. Now what?
Last edited by lobzzzik on Oct 31, 2013, 5:03:18 AM
Nerf baubles but make GCP even less valuable? IDK I liked GCP and quality gems being sought after facets of itemization.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
lobzzzik wrote:
"
bah bah bah d3 is cool, poe is not

Ok, we get that you are d3 fan. Now what?
I don't think he's a d3 fan. I think he's just a very negative person in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info