Just Some Feedback

"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
Dregos wrote:
You can't just take your high level good pve character and expect it to do well in pvp.

It's not a balancing issue. It's an adaptation issue. There are passive nodes and uniques to avoid being stun and frozen. There are flask mods to break frozen and curses.

You are fighting human opponents now, not the ai and they will use and abuse any and all advantages against you. That is part of the challenge and fun of pvp. I'm sure those players that owned you spent a huge amount of time and effort on that character, not just waltz into the arena with their pve character.

So basically; Roll an Witch and use spellshotgun, CI and chuyula, or roll a GS mara with UW.

Thanks for the input, but, you seem to not understand the points I am ATTEMPTING to point out.

CC Mechanics are interacting with characters in an obscene way; Specifically GS is auto-perma stunning anything it hits, without seeming regard to the damage, armor or HP of those affected. I really shouldn't have to point out why spells shotgunning is imbalanced, when arrows cant do the same, and arrows have smaller hitboxes.

You're being way too narrow-minded and simple about it. Yes, you could re-roll and make those characters - but those characters don't dominate the PVP arena by themselves.

I have a level 28 crit mult ranger which I'm sure would translate into level 80 pvp just fine - I am dominating ground slam / freezing pulse builds in 28 pvp because all I do is one shot them when they get close. It's laughable.

You need to:

Twink out your character with PVP gear
Have a build that can counter freezing pulse / ground slam
Have a strategy
Practice

This is the same for level 60+ or level 28 pvp. I've killed lots of players in 28 pvp who just had 'PVE gear that was fine to beat Vaal on normal' - simply because that standard of gear is not sufficient against someone who has farmed high quality gear.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
Dregos wrote:
You can't just take your high level good pve character and expect it to do well in pvp.

It's not a balancing issue. It's an adaptation issue. There are passive nodes and uniques to avoid being stun and frozen. There are flask mods to break frozen and curses.

You are fighting human opponents now, not the ai and they will use and abuse any and all advantages against you. That is part of the challenge and fun of pvp. I'm sure those players that owned you spent a huge amount of time and effort on that character, not just waltz into the arena with their pve character.

So basically; Roll an Witch and use spellshotgun, CI and chuyula, or roll a GS mara with UW.

Thanks for the input, but, you seem to not understand the points I am ATTEMPTING to point out.

CC Mechanics are interacting with characters in an obscene way; Specifically GS is auto-perma stunning anything it hits, without seeming regard to the damage, armor or HP of those affected. I really shouldn't have to point out why spells shotgunning is imbalanced, when arrows cant do the same, and arrows have smaller hitboxes.

You're being way too narrow-minded and simple about it. Yes, you could re-roll and make those characters - but those characters don't dominate the PVP arena by themselves.

I have a level 28 crit mult ranger which I'm sure would translate into level 80 pvp just fine - I am dominating ground slam / freezing pulse builds in 28 pvp because all I do is one shot them when they get close. It's laughable.

You need to:

Twink out your character with PVP gear
Have a build that can counter freezing pulse / ground slam
Have a strategy
Practice

This is the same for level 60+ or level 28 pvp. I've killed lots of players in 28 pvp who just had 'PVE gear that was fine to beat Vaal on normal' - simply because that standard of gear is not sufficient against someone who has farmed high quality gear.

I didnt expect to win; however I didn't expect these utterly CHEESY mechanics to play such a rediculous role. Also, don't assume 28 pvp is ANYTHING like upper level pvp. Your translation as you say, would not happen smoothly. At all. In any sense. FP witchs obtain a majority of their strength later in the game, and GS maras continue to grow even more so. Crit rangers; do not.

The issue is 800 dps ground slam with a white maul, is perma stunning me, with 3.9k hp. The numbers don't add up. Now please, if possible, stop with all the l2p noob comments, it reveals your ignorance and is unflattering; not to mention not constructive in any way shape or form.

I am point specifically to the fact that Cbf and cbs gear/passives are, atm, utterly required, therefore whatever builds can leverage them the most, CI witchs, GS maras, will dominate the pvp scene.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info