Evasion is useless

Only works against other dex users (and not even the duelists who get RT).

Just throwing that out there. Every dex pvp build will use iron reflexes to get armor instead. Not sure if that's intended or not.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
The strongest build i've faced so far is an evasion-based, Acro and Phase Acrobatics character with a very high block chance. If I were not CI he would have melted me with viper
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
The strongest build i've faced so far is an evasion-based, Acro and Phase Acrobatics character with a very high block chance. If I were not CI he would have melted me with viper

block and acro
The evasion was still useless.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
name me some characters who does not go for either Acrobatics or Iron Reflexes. they aren't that many

evasion is only useless against RT because of the nature of RT. But with RT you can't crit.

Overall, you'll find that evasion being evasion will be more useful vs non RT builds because you get to mitigate full damage. Damage Reduction which may seem nice as a % reflects DR vs monsters and not players. That DR will decrease the higher the amount of damage the player does.

hence in PVP, Evasion > Armour.

RT is a different story, but whereas RT is only effective against evasion builds, evasion is effective against a larger number of builds.

It's just all about builds and their counters. but I believe evasion is one of the stronger builds out there that are one of the tougher ones to counter. Simply because RT users tend to be HP users, and an evasion based character who knows what he's doing can build a fast moving, acro and high block chance character and kite well with viper.
Build of the Week 14
I agree. My ev/es hybrid is so terrible in pvp. The evasion part of my defense is useless thanks to resolute technique, spells never missing, and shield charge.

I can only rely on energy shield, which is half my defense. The only time you stand a chance is if you are facing a non-spell caster-non resolute technique-non shield charge characters. Which practically means no pvp for you. Unless you don't mind losing all the time that is.
"
Invalesco wrote:
name me some characters who does not go for either Acrobatics or Iron Reflexes. they aren't that many

evasion is only useless against RT because of the nature of RT. But with RT you can't crit.

Overall, you'll find that evasion being evasion will be more useful vs non RT builds because you get to mitigate full damage. Damage Reduction which may seem nice as a % reflects DR vs monsters and not players. That DR will decrease the higher the amount of damage the player does.

hence in PVP, Evasion > Armour.

RT is a different story, but whereas RT is only effective against evasion builds, evasion is effective against a larger number of builds.

It's just all about builds and their counters. but I believe evasion is one of the stronger builds out there that are one of the tougher ones to counter. Simply because RT users tend to be HP users, and an evasion based character who knows what he's doing can build a fast moving, acro and high block chance character and kite well with viper.

Not every evasive character goes for Acro. You can have evasion without acro, or evasion with ar/es.

Spells, resolute technique, and shield charge destroy you. Nothing you can do. They get one hit and you're stun locked till death. I have a 29% chance to block with 45% chance to dodge, and that still doesn't save me.

Armor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evasion, especially when you add in granite flask. Evasion is useless in pvp.

You are practically forced to take Acro and phase acro. Which defeats the purpose of hybrid evasion defenses.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Nov 1, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
that's coz your ev/es hybrid is hp/es and not pure ES with ev to synergise with it soujiro :p

well i guess it's time to build a pure evasion/acro character for pvp to disprove this issue.

Challenge accepted. should be fun!
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
that's coz your ev/es hybrid is hp/es and not pure ES with ev to synergise with it soujiro :p

well i guess it's time to build a pure evasion/acro character for pvp to disprove this issue.

Challenge accepted. should be fun!

we aren't talking about evasion ACRO. It's evasion only, or evasion hybrid. That's why i said you are forced to take acro, which destroys the whole concept of evasion only or evasion hybrid. Evasion in pvp does not work.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Nov 1, 2012, 11:24:06 AM
Evasion does not work directly against RT, but it works indirectly coz RT users cannot crit. and it works directly against all other attack-based builds. what exactly is the problem with it?
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
Evasion does not work directly against RT, but it works indirectly coz RT users cannot crit. and it works directly against all other attack-based builds. what exactly is the problem with it?

They don't have to crit. One hit and you're stun locked. Doesn't matter how much hp you have. Once a RT marauder/spellcaster/shield charger connects, which they will since they always hit, you're stun locked and die. They whole point of evasion is to evade(avoid) dmg. this is not the case with RT as you can't evade anything. In other words, your evasion is useless.

That is the problem. You have to be facing OTHER ATTACK BASED BUILDS. Why should that be? Should I quit on every Resolute technique/spellcaster/shield charger i run into? Because i'm automatically going to lose? Why should I be forced to take acro-phase acro?

I don't want to run from anyone, but the moment I see one of those characters, what's the point in playing? My evasion is useless. I work so hard to get it close to 50%, and it's bypassed by 1 keystone, 1 damage type, and 1 skill.

How would you feel if there was a keystone that could bypass ES and dmg your health directly? Or 1 dmg type that wasn't chaos, but bypasses energy shield? or one skill that targetted life and bypassed ES? (Not being sarcastic, i'm asking a genuine question)
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Nov 1, 2012, 11:38:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info