Flammability

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Unavailable

I have the feeling this could be little bit stronger.Atm its just as good as ele weakness when fighting fire resistant enemies(burn dmg seems to be strongly reduced by fire resist, proly cause its reduced twice..).

Also all of those 3 new elemental curses seem to be very party unfriendly, alr had a situation where someone flamed me for overwriting his lightning curse(although i clearly was in a bigger need of it, cause the enemies where resistant to fire..). I think I'm getting a ele weakness for party play...

Still the chance to ignite makes it very nice to use against enemies with already low fire resist, esp if u combine it with a main spell like this:
Unavailable

Feels like throwing Greek fire.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
what was the ignite chance at lv 1? the lightning version starts at 10% yet i'm seeing for the fire one, a lv 16 is 12% chance for status proc for the burning.
starts at 10% as well. The curses got identical stats, just for the different elements.
Right now this is a very weak curse. Why not have it increase burn damage?
IGN: Iolar
It does, by means of reducing resistance.
If you hit an enemy with 75%, and no excess, this is like +100% damage.
Quite noticeable.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Elemental weakness does the exact same thing. It doesnt make flammability any better.
"
BRavich wrote:
Elemental weakness does the exact same thing. It doesnt make flammability any better.
this has chance to burn, ele weakness does not.
And that's the part that makes it bad. Ignite lasts 4 seconds, and it is guaranteed on critical hits. Only one instance of ignite can deal damage at any time.

Unless you have resolute technique, the added chance to burn is going to add negligible DPS.
On an incineration build, it's simply the only useful curse.
I certainly use it, against fire resistant enemies, it's a decent 50% more dps, higher chance to burn, and higher burn damage, pretty massive given my less than 10% chance to crit.

Thanks to burn passives, a burn proc effectively means +150-200% more damage from that cast.

Saying that Elemental weakness does the same minus the procs and is thus better is pretty silly; it effectively does less if you're only using one element, and no one has complained about EW yet.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info