Devouring Totem

This totem should heal more life.
at the present stats, it barely heals more than a rejuv totem.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
This totem just crashes people, dont use it unleas you want to die. use it in map and you will eventually crash your whole party =P
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Wait a minute. Does this totem still exist? I have yet to see it and I've been playing since open beta.
"
odlose wrote:
Wait a minute. Does this totem still exist? I have yet to see it and I've been playing since open beta.

Definitely exists, i am contemplating using it in one of my builds.
Last edited by vadimg on Apr 18, 2013, 6:45:17 PM
So i use it on a quill rain bloodmagic maurader and it seemed to me like the speed scales with AS or i'm laggin like hell ;D not sure.

So far i prefer it to revjuntotem for the larger area of you get healed not as stationary.
The heal is rather low, it is however excellent at clearing dead bodies off the floor for pesky necros, I like others would like to see it heal for a % of the corpses health.

It is also really useful for vaal pact builds to regain some HP or ES between fights.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Apr 26, 2013, 6:11:38 PM
To be honest I dont find this totem usefull at all in current playstyle.

Its just not timewise to drop it, the only good thing is the fact, it haves really long range and will heal from distance but...

Imho it should be changed to either beamstyle or aurastyle damage + lifeleech totem, extrahealth from corpses just for the legacy.
It could be at least used as a damaging tool.
What i'd like to see with this skill is an alternate ability that turns it into a spell the player can cast over corpses or curse enemies with. I put a thread up in suggestions about it but I thought i'd address some of the difficulties this skill has with melee users here.

The totem generally does not last as long as the melee player and it'd be nice if it could be made into a curse that provides life on kill but I think casting it on corpses could be just as useful if one were in a mob fight and needed quick health regain.
i got a technical question about this totem.is the leech from devouring totem the same as life leech?life leech is capped at 20% hp/sec and want to know if the totem *leech* count in this cap or not?im a hight life leech melee physical build and wanted to push my life recovery even more with this totem but when i fight i always hit the 20%/sec cap so if devouring totem is also considerate in that cap.....that mean it would make no effect to me....

i know i could use rejuvenation totem that would give a *regen* so that doesnt count in the 20%/sec cap but this totem sux....range is awfull and get 2 shot by everything even at lvl 20 with 20% quality....but devouring totem range is really nice and draw no aggro at all and can even be left on a pile of corpse while you fight another pack of monster so it wont die all the time.

thx in advance

edit:ok i got my answer from Mark_GGG on another post.devouring totem *leech*count in the 20% hp/sec max recovery rate of life leech.

Last edited by zakariusqc on May 26, 2013, 8:07:24 PM
I've been trying to put this to use for quite a while now but it feels really awkward.
The only situation I find it useful is when there is a large number of corpses on the ground. You can just drop a DT and benefit from its leech for as long as its last - from any distance.
In any other situation I actually prefere Rejuvenation Totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info