Arc

"

Eager to add Vaal Arc with 4l.

Vaal arc would also be a nice boss killer if it could hit a single target with all 40 chains.
Kind of sad that Arc didnt get much love. (Besides the increased spell nodes)
Looking forward to giving Vaal Arc a try though once I can get my hands on one...
Why?

All the Vaal gems are stupid noob traps. The soul counter refreshes every time you enter a new area.

"I'll just rack up 96 kills, then use my skill on the monsters remaining on this map.

Oh."
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"

Yay Vaal Orb Jackpot. :)

i dont see difference between normal and corrupted arc
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O
"

Vaal Arc will do what I want it to do, which is clear particularly nasty rooms where an Arc caster can get overwhelmed.

As a person that has a lvl 70 arc caster I say that I've NEVER got overwhelmed by numbers if the foes are on the weak side, the problem has always been the lonely boss type.

"
I can say that my mook handling is unchanged, but against single targets I'm decidedly weaker. This would make sense, given that single target Arc usage relied on big spikes.

I think this problem is going to get much worse as I progress.

Exactly. This is why I want to allow arc to hit a single target with all the chains if there are no other chains subjects nearby.

My arc costs 300 mana per usage, do I not deserve an appropriate dmg output?
Last edited by Kadajko on Mar 7, 2014, 2:01:46 AM
"
Vaal Arc will do what I want it to do, which is clear particularly nasty rooms where an Arc caster can get overwhelmed.

That would be a group of three guys who aren't standing particularly close together right?

"
never, ever been worse than it is now.

Weell right when it came out was still worse. It was about as strong as a single spark for awhile before 1.0.0 remember. Now it's like 1.5 sparks just about.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Mar 7, 2014, 5:06:43 AM
"
"
Kadajko wrote:
"

As a person that has a lvl 70 arc caster I say that I've NEVER got overwhelmed by numbers if the foes are on the weak side, the problem has always been the lonely boss type.

So you managed to hard cast Arc your way through Merciless Weaver? I am dying to hear how.

As for the 300, reducing the mana cost is my first recommendation.

I used 2 arcs.

One of them is linked with Trap/Multiple Traps/Reduced Duration ( Latter added added lightning and lightning pen ). I wear a sunblast belt, and when I use the skill I throw out 3 arcs that target nearest enemies as they hit the ground. Each of these 3 arcs do 10% less dmg, but it's still 9 chains and a 270% dmg hit on a single target.

Second Arc is linked with Cast Rate/Lightning Pen/Added Lightning. This is a ''fourth'' arc that I cast constantly as a sustained DPS source, as opposed to the trap arc that is burst and clears out large groups.

I would use only the trap arc, but it also has ammunition that needs a little time to replenish after 3 uses, and while that is happening I still blast constantly with my secondary arc.

My arcs are also quality and I have 45% chance to shock on hit with each arc.

I also use double curses of Conductivity/Temporal chains.

Better ask me how I defeated merciless Piety..

Also perhaps if the build interests you it is worthy of note that the build is immune to reflect mobs, as you can burst through them with trap arcs.
Last edited by Kadajko on Mar 7, 2014, 6:19:35 AM
so corrupted arc do all dmg to single target if there is no other targets near?
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O
"
Ah, so you didn't hard cast through the Weaver. Clever approach, but not hard casting.

It's impossible to hard cast through that.

Also I wouldn't be able to do it without lightning warp.
A skill that's neither effective as a sweeper or a spike. It's little wonder. Maybe it's great in PvP or something.

Remember that the Diablo version of this skill chains eight times by default. Before +skill levels from gear.

This isn't Chain Lightning. It's Glaive Wurm.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Mar 7, 2014, 7:24:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info