Arc

I have a level 54, Now don't jump all over me yet because I know it's not map level and maps are vastly different than the rest of the game, a 54 dual Arc totem, Arc-Mine witch. Deadly is the only word I have. I took that one mine cluster up near the wand passives that gives "instant detenation" not sure what that really changed, but my mines place quickly, and the blast of 6 of them is amazing.

With 3 crappy zombies as a distraction, and 2 totems blasting weaker arcs I have no trouble placing all my mines unless all the enemies on the screen are leap-slammers, then I may have to place like 2 or 3 and move. If you have not supported Arc with remote mine I highly recommend trying it as even unsupported by passives it can be a massive boost to the skill. You get used the time it takes to place and detonate pretty quickly in my experience.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
^ problem is that some people wanna just play classic lightning caster (hardcaster), not a stupid mines, totems or fking traps.
Thats all, and that is not possible now what is fail for 2 years now especialy when cold/fire is possible.
▄█▀█▀█
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Kaskar wrote:
@Kadajko:
nice
waiting 4 report

Aaand it works! Exactly like I predicted it would. It's sick.

A little more in depth:

1) I do not really like remote mine, because you have to set it up beneath you, and that slows down the progression speed, but the dmg spike from remote mine is very sick, so I only use it on bosses.
2) Triple Arc Trap that detonates as it hits the ground is awesome. Also when there are many mobs I actually link it with chain and it is 3 arcs that chain 5 times, so they just shotgun everything to hell.
3) You have to play with totems, because you have to wait for traps to recharge, totems are your main DPS, this is an extra VERY large dmg spike.
You can play without totems, but then you have to wait for traps to construct from mob to mob.
Totems benefit from all dmg multi when they are connected to remote mine and trap, and benefit from all increased dmg for mines and traps ( aka sunblast improves totem dmg ).

Overall sick, sick, sick. My new favorite build.

Sweet. If you could test maps in near future, it would be awesome.
How hard is this to make from scratch?
Also I humbly ask you to post build in build section.
Hateful post.
"
"
_Madus wrote:
^ problem is that some people wanna just play classic lightning caster (hardcaster), not a stupid mines, totems or fking traps.
Thats all, and that is not possible now what is fail for 2 years now especialy when cold/fire is possible.

Correct. I don't like totems, mines, traps, etc. I totally respect those who want to use them to make this skill 'work', but I don't think it's asking too much to have Arc viable as a hardcast main skill. I really don't.

And I agree with you guys. I do not use this build because I particularly enjoy mines, traps and totems, I use it because I enjoy being effective, and numbers pointed me to this build. To be fair I would love it if arc could be cast on it's own.
"
Kaskar wrote:

How hard is this to make from scratch?

Pretty hard. First it is completely based on the unique Sunblast belt. Second you need at least a 4L that is BGGR to start with the traps and a 5L BBGGR to have it as a mine. Third you have to get the new reduced duration gem, which so far is a little rare.

"
Kaskar wrote:

Also I humbly ask you to post build in build section.

I'll just post here:

That's basically everything you would want to pick up. It's unrealistic to pick up everything until very late lvlv's so just decide yourself which clusters you think are more important to get first, but in the long run these are all the ones you want.
Also for the rest of the points you basically decide whether you want energy shield or health, and invest in those.
Last edited by Kadajko on Oct 29, 2013, 12:13:15 PM
I agree that I wanted an Arc more akin to chain lightning from D2 as that was absolutely my favorite skill in the game. I was pumped when they announced it, and disappointed in it when I first tried it. I feel like a simple fix to this skill would be gaining more chains as it levels. Until it is fixed to be a stand alone skill I continue to use it the way that works, simply because it's so effective.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
"
Rory wrote:
Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON

This Rory's frst post missing "We dont give a sh1t" comment after first sentence.
Because that skill basicaly make it to release with 50 pages of negative feedback.

▄█▀█▀█
"
_Madus wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON

This Rory's frst post missing "We dont give a sh1t" comment after first sentence.
Because that skill basicaly make it to release with 50 pages of negative feedback.

54 now
Damage effectiveness needs to go or this skill needs to scale much better.

Someone explained above: fireball, frost breath... Not only do these skills get an incredible amount of synergies compared to arc (full damage effectiveness distributed over multiple targets, projectiles allowed damage to scale from anywhere between 3 x .7 to 5 x .5 and still keep damage effectiveness, concentrated effect) and yet arc costs a ridiculous amount for its effect and its scaling is bad.

If you must insist on keeping it locked to uselessness at least ride out its gimmick - add in more chains every x levels, or just do the right thing, take out the handicap and let us have our chain lightning.
I just wanted to add my experience here. By far my best build is a ci dual totem arc witch (could just as easily be a templar. I've taken many damage nodes, given that I'm not in harms way very much. If you have a big pack, throw in some lightning traps, for bosses I cast some skeletons. I play mostly self found as I dislike the effort required in trading. I'm not too experienced with maps, but so far the only 66 I've had much trouble with is temp chains maps. I ran solaris 2 several times today and it was a breeze. For dual totem, I believe arc to be strong enough and much prefer it over spork.

When I was leveling, pre 1.0 and before totems I did have alot of problems with the manacost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info