GS tunings

I've been a pretty huge advocate of linking GS to weapon speed, for a while now. Its flat independent attack speed was the one thing that made the skill impossible to balance.

I think, though, that GS should have gotten back some of the damage it lost in that previous nerf at the same time. Weapon speed change is going to be probably a 15% DPS nerf for people who use it in the typical way. Maybe give them back some of that 20% they lost in the last nerf? This should be a functionality change, in my opinion.

I don't know nearly enough about this topic to say for sure. But did the scaling get re-examined after this change? Might be a silly question, maybe I can assume the answer is yes?

I've always liked that nerfs are gradual here. I'd hate to see an over-nerf, even though I never use GS.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 31, 2012, 1:39:49 AM
Aw, gosh, meant this for beta general. It shouldn't be in feedback, no way to give feedback on this right now. Could one of you kindly mods move? pls :)
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 31, 2012, 1:40:53 AM
I think any nerfs to GS are fine, it's a huge 2-handed swing with AoE and pierce and stun, and get this, it's a fixed speed attack. As soon as there comes any other fixed speed blow which can get attack speed buffs but with perhaps a different set of effects, or less damage reduction, GS might become a lot less popular.

More attack skills will begin to solve the GS balance problem I think, and that's because it's just too easy to exploit GS in a broken way right now.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 31, 2012, 9:01:23 AM
But now it won't be a fixed speed attack. It will be based off of attack speed. Well have to see how everything plays our.

Can't wait to see how much further IR is from Mara now.
I think GGG may be unfairly targeting the Marauder/GS synergy because it's a popular opinion that they are 'too strong'.

You can't balance a game by going after the flavor of the mont.

I'd like to see the Marauder tree/Groundslam buffed in some indirect way after these nerfs. This comes from someone who doesn't use Marauders for ground-slammin'.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
I don't think this nerf change puts GS in danger of falling behind the other "melee" skills.

Take into account that faster weapons with flat adds will be more powerful now. One-handed elemental mace GS Templar here we go ;D
Last edited by hubb on Oct 31, 2012, 10:08:56 AM
If GS attack speed is corrected I think GS could use a slight damage boost. GS is overpowered only compared to other demonstrably weak melee skills.
"
ionface wrote:
I think any nerfs to GS are fine, it's a huge 2-handed swing with AoE and pierce and stun, and get this, it's a fixed speed attack. As soon as there comes any other fixed speed blow which can get attack speed buffs but with perhaps a different set of effects, or less damage reduction, GS might become a lot less popular.

More attack skills will begin to solve the GS balance problem I think, and that's because it's just too easy to exploit GS in a broken way right now.

You seem rather clueless, GS isn't even a real issue, and it is not overpowered. GS is only overpowered in comparison to other melee skills, I don't even have a high level GS character but I have used it before and I have used many other builds and skills, and really the only reason people have an issue with it is because of how GS users do in 3 hour races. Seriously, stop talking crap about GS being op overall, it is a unfair assessment.
The problem with GS is that it's basically the pulse of melee skills. And you can easily build a tank with it and have no issues. Hell, it's even easier to live than a pulser, though you won't hurt as hard.

As far as the change goes, it's more likely a BUFF than a nerf... If the old base is .85, that means even an Erqi isn't any slower now. In fact, at .85, it should make anything but Erqi more powerful and leave Erqi as it is. In theory, this should just make it so other mauls are more powerful than Erqi with good rolls.
I see, didn't understand the base speed was .85. Thought it was 1.0.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info