0.9.13 Patch Notes

mark thanks for all of your quick answers to my questions, i know i had alot of them.. my only concern about the poison arrow was that it already got an intense nerf, now another nerf.

ill drop some feedback about the new updates once asap.

PS the website looks, (excuse my language) Kick A$$! really got alot of personality.. something GGG has alot of, might upgrade to kiwi now ;)
Last edited by Rnew1990 on Oct 31, 2012, 9:09:13 PM
Can't wait for greater multiple projectiles, forking, chaining arc. 10% damage versus every monster anywhere on the continent.
Love the new website! And the PvP, tried a quick 1v1 match, SvM (Shadow vs Marauder, guess we'll get a bunch of new abbreviations now) and got owned :P
"
Bricks wrote:
Well the tooltip says it does 33% minion life now instead of 100%. if that is all it does i doubt i can play high level maps. So it scales with minion damage better now? what is that to mean. if i look at the offense screen it dosnt give me any info on minion damage..so i have no idea what they do or how much they explode for. Sorry if its obvious to others but im not a math genius

It means that the Increased Minion Damage passives will affect Minion Instability. With support gems and passives, you can get your MI doing almost as much damage, if not more, than it was before. You will however need both Minion Life and Minion Damage to do this.
Balance & Design
"
Bricks wrote:
Well the tooltip says it does 33% minion life now instead of 100%. if that is all it does i doubt i can play high level maps. So it scales with minion damage better now? what is that to mean. if i look at the offense screen it dosnt give me any info on minion damage..so i have no idea what they do or how much they explode for. Sorry if its obvious to others but im not a math genius
Previously, they didn't actually deal damage, because the game engine didn't support damage outside of performing an action. So they worked out how much life they had, reduced it by enemy fire resistance, and subtracted that from life.
It therefore was not affected by any damage increases at all.

Now, they actually deal real damage. This means all your "increased minion damage" passives apply to that, where they didn't before. Support gems on the minions that modify damage, such as chance to ignite and added lightning damage apply, where they didn't before (and the added lightning damage on the explosion will of course also be affected by your minion damage increase passives). Giving the minions fire damage increases or elemental damage increases from a shield via Necromantic Aegis will let them actually apply to the explosion, where they didn't before. The new Fire Resistance Penetration support will apply. The IIQ/IIR support gems applied to minions will now apply to the explosion because they actually deal damage to the enemy (your IIQ/IIR from gear always applied).

The reduction in base damage was necessary because we went from "nothing increases it" to 'all the things that should increase it do", and there's a lot of them. It's probably a bit weaker in early game (when you don't have as many of said bonuses), but this change was not to make it useless late game, but to prevent it being hugely, massively better.
Ok thanks but how can i find out what it is doing? other skills have thier damage shown. minions dont. i have both life and damage suport gems all the passives but that dosnt tell me what damage they do or what they explode for.

i appreciate the fast respone to my questions btw.

It is refreshing.
Last edited by Bricks on Oct 31, 2012, 9:20:44 PM
"
Rnew1990 wrote:
mark thanks for all of your quick answers to my questions, i know i had alot of them.. my only concern about the poison arrow was that it already got an intense nerf, now another nerf.
Not a problem, I do my best. Carl would be the best person to ask about the details of the poison arrow balance changes, but I'd recommend playing with it a bit before passing judgement.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
PS the website looks, (excuse my language) Kick A$$! really got alot of personality.. something GGG has alot of, might upgrade to kiwi now ;)
Do it soon then, closed beta is coming to an end soon. Kiwi pets won't be available forever.
wow mark that was a good explanation... it sounds like you can actually make it really good now

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Do it soon then, closed beta is coming to an end soon. Kiwi pets won't be available forever.

heh i will XD
Last edited by Rnew1990 on Oct 31, 2012, 9:20:34 PM
"
WxsOnline wrote:
Can't wait for greater multiple projectiles, forking, chaining arc. 10% damage versus every monster anywhere on the continent.

Arc is no projectile spell. But I can ensure you that spark + fork is awesome.
"
Arc is no projectile spell. But I can ensure you that spark + fork is awesome.

Damn and yay. Thanks for wetting my appetite... patch is taking its time installing =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info