Most efficient farming class (new players and league migrations)

Hey everyone,

Anyone have any recommendations for efficient farming classes/builds for new players or league migrations/resets? Basically, which classes/builds work best for farming when you dont have gear saved to twink alts? I generally prefer playing marauder for fun but it seems like they may be more gear dependant than some other classes. Was curious if another class may be a better choice to farm with first - then using the saved gear to roll my marauder second.

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Minions do not benefit from gear so it leaves slots open for IIQ
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Minions are great yea.

Maras aren't great for farming in general, even with gear. Not enough aoe/spread/dps. You'd be better off with a ranged dps class (or minions ofc).
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Panda won the last 4 or so hc league races. He plays marauder every time. Extended league races are all about farming.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
The magic find marauder will be the magic find sorceress of this game, if the skill tree stays the same. People will soon start to realize it.

Marauder starting zone gets insane survivability nodes - +life +life regen +resists + more life regen and resists near blood magic. Which directly translates into running a character primarily with gear stacked with MF instead of +life or +resist. With the mf skill gems I have nearly +100 iir and iiq on my marauder and the only reason I don't have more is that I simply haven't found those +30 +16 mf items.

I see some people run other characters with 250%+ iir with andvariuses, but that pretty much requires your resists to be crap.

So far I haven't managed to duplicate that freedom to start stacking MF from the start of the game with the other classes. I am wondering too if other people have different opinions on the matter.

Personally I had great success with a Sparkwitch. Spark doesn't even need any support gems aside Pierce in order to single-handedly wipe maps clean, and CI will always be the cheapest, most reliable source of defense. The only issue with this build currently is the lack of easy access to resistance nodes, so you're gonna need to find some good items for that purpose, but when OB and Act 3 hit the max penalty will only be -40% so it's fine.
"
0nin wrote:
but when OB and Act 3 hit the max penalty will only be -40% so it's fine.

Where did GGG say this?
"
indczn wrote:
"
0nin wrote:
but when OB and Act 3 hit the max penalty will only be -40% so it's fine.

Where did GGG say this?

I would be interested to know this as well. I thought resists would be around -60 to -75 when 3rd act hits.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
I am running IIR on my Duelist w/Cleave. My resists are 75%, I just took a hit to DPS, but once I get better swords it will be pretty good.

I'm at 234% without uniqes, I run maps like this.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
What about Templar? +20% natural resistance from the hybrid armor nodes and another 10% from one of the elemental DPS node, and it is right beside the marauder node which is close to the resistance nodes. Also you get some intelligence which would be enough to level up Discipline for extra HP, this would make it easier to use that unique slippers that gives +100% IIR when at low-life.

And if you want -

- nodes summing up to 25% reduced mana cost is nearby
- dual totems is nearby
- resolute technique is nearby
- life % regen can be specced into if desired
- you could even go for dual curses ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info