Spectral Throw

If I have lifesteal/mana steal % gloves or ring, will it work with ST?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

The Master of the Arena gives +2 to melee weapon range, not melee range. So shouldn't this affect spectral throw? The wording would imply that it increases the range of the weapon itself, not specifically melee range. Is the passive just worded incorrectly?
IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
Last edited by UncleNana on Oct 24, 2013, 1:19:54 PM
It seems that the actual range of your spectral throw is determined by projectile speed.

Slower speed= projectiles fly short range
Faster speed = projectiles fly much further
Does this work with "increased physical weapon damage while dual wielding" if I am dual wielding?
This skill is very strong. Maybe too strong. Effectively it's like a Power Siphon that pierces that you can use with Actually Good Weapons, that sometimes deals +50-100% more damage on top of that. Humbles Freezing Pulse while leveling.

Great at AoE (humbles fire trap/storm coverage. And Arc coverage is a joke in comparison), good at Single Target. For a lvl 1 skill, it's a hell of a thing. Or any lvl skill really.

Even at 40% damage, a huge 33% nerf, I'd consider that "fair" and still worth using.

"
1) Does only the very first hit crit?

If it's like any other skill, only one crit roll per attack. If one hit deals critical damage, they all should.

"On crit" effects like flask refills or the new trigger gem should only trigger once per attack however.

"
ganjarak wrote:
As I said, it's a weaker, watered down version of lightning strike.

The lightning bolts have 70% effectiveness (excuse me, 84% perhaps). Spectral Throw has 120% minimum, sometimes up to 240%. At the cost of taking time to deal its full damage.

The difference in strength comes down to support gems ST can't use. Weapon Elemental Damage is still good, though not stupidly so. As is Multistrike.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Oct 24, 2013, 3:54:43 PM
"
Sarpenok wrote:
i've been thinking about the same question:
If we use ST+incAOE+SlowerProjectile and Amplify in passive nodes -
- probably it'll strike 2 times on way forward and 2 times on way back, so it doubles DPS
but i've got no SlowerProjectile to test it 8(

incAoE does not work with ST as it is no AoE. The projectile size is not subject to increases or decreases in AoE.
"
"

If it's like any other skill, only one crit roll per attack. If one hit deals critical damage, they all should.

"On crit" effects like flask refills or the new trigger gem should only trigger once per attack however.

Thank you for the explanation.
"
This skill is very strong. Maybe too strong. Effectively it's like a Power Siphon that pierces that you can use with Actually Good Weapons, that sometimes deals +50-100% more damage on top of that. Humbles Freezing Pulse while leveling.

Great at AoE (humbles fire trap/storm coverage. And Arc coverage is a joke in comparison), good at Single Target. For a lvl 1 skill, it's a hell of a thing. Or any lvl skill really.

Even at 40% damage, a huge 33% nerf, I'd consider that "fair" and still worth using.

"

"
ganjarak wrote:
As I said, it's a weaker, watered down version of lightning strike.

The lightning bolts have 70% effectiveness (excuse me, 84% perhaps). Spectral Throw has 120% minimum, sometimes up to 240%. At the cost of taking time to deal its full damage.

The difference in strength comes down to support gems ST can't use. Weapon Elemental Damage is still good, though not stupidly so. As is Multistrike.

Do you realize what the abbreviation DPS means? It's the amount of damage you do at any given second. The fact that you need to wait for the projectiles to come back means that that 240% damage spreads out into 2-3 seconds. In that time you can multistrike lightning strike at 600% damage.
The shotgun effect is nice and makes for potentially very high single target DPS if you get all 3 projectiles hitting twice; it's cool with GMP, but I think LMP would be more effective.

This skill has good theoretical DPS, but it's a bit lacking in overall fast killing power due to the slow projectiles. Your character can't move around too much to use this effectively, and it usually takes time before any monster gets hit twice by the same attack.
Reminds me a little of incinerate; although it's obviously quite different.

I think overall it's a really nice diverse skill that doesn't particularly seem too overpowered or underpowered right now.

It seemed like crit chance might be evaluated another time on the return trip, but I'd bet what I saw was just it missing on it's way out before critting on it's way back (or something else mistaken).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
My question is whether or not nodes like "Pure Brutality" or "disemboweling"(both located below Avatar of fire) will work with Spec Throw.

thanks in advanced

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info