Curse on Hit

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's intended. The Totem does not use the Skill that is linked to Curse on Hit, because that Skill would only summon a copy of itself.

totem and most trap builds are hardly at the top of the meta while currently CoH pretty much comes for free with every self cast builds. they should change the mechanic to allow it to work with them again.
Curse on Hit definitely doesn't just come for free. It's not like it just appears on your main Skill, after all. It takes at least three sockets, and comes attached to a secondary Skill only.
I honestly find Curse on Hit rather over-valued, myself... Hardcasting is almost always faster (plus instant application), and for the same amount of sockets you can even get FC/Inc AoE if you reeeally want. *shrug*
It's kinda cute on Leap Slam, but that hardly seems relevant to caster types.

But, my main reason for posting: "again"? :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Curse on Hit definitely doesn't just come for free. It's not like it just appears on your main Skill, after all. It takes at least three sockets, and comes attached to a secondary Skill only.
I honestly find Curse on Hit rather over-valued, myself... Hardcasting is almost always faster (plus instant application), and for the same amount of sockets you can even get FC/Inc AoE if you reeeally want. *shrug*
It's kinda cute on Leap Slam, but that hardly seems relevant to caster types.

But, my main reason for posting: "again"? :P

with CoH you can apply multiple curses PLUS EE with just a single cast. As long as you have space in your gear, CoH will always be superior to selfcast curse. not to mention the quality on CoH boost your curse, reduced duration is nothing.

CoH can be placed on any skill except trap/totems/mine, why do they have be excluded when they have their own drawbacks as well(trap have space limit of 3, totems are super fragile lategame). Plus the descriptions still state otherwise, which can be inferred that ggg have just simply neglected to care about this aspect.
remove double post
Dual-Curse and especially EE hardly constitutes "every self-cast build". If you blindly slap EE on every self-cast build, you're either wasting potential or are very diligently swapping Casts on every boss.

The description "states otherwise" because it actually does work precisely as described. The Skill that you have linked to Curse on Hit, which creates a Totem, will apply Curses when it hits enemies. It does not say that any Skill resultant of the linked Skill will apply Curses.
If you could link Curse on Hit to exclusively the Attack in a Cast on Crit setup (unique modifier, 'Attacks are supported by CoH'), should the Spells apply Curses?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 19, 2015, 10:48:06 AM
I am planning a pyromancer build myself using this gem to soften up enemies - been thinking of using Firestorm + Increased Duration + Spell Echo + Curse On Hit + Flammability + Elemental Weakness as a secondary attack set to use on large groups and bosses, and Fireball + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration + Iron Will + Concentrated Effect as my main attack to clean up once the firestorm is out (Ideally using 6-link Searing Touch + 6-link chaos mantle or whatever its called). A friend of mine also showed me a unique ring for +1 more max curses on enemies and a pair of gloves that puts level 1 temporal chains on enemies hit by any attack/spell you toss out.

So i am thinking, Temporal Chains + Flammability + Elemental Weakness Echo'ed Firestorm sounds really scary. I am very excited to try this build in game, especially with +curse quality, +cast speed, and +quality for more fireballs per second of firestorm. Thoughts?
Last edited by JillTheRipper on May 21, 2015, 2:09:24 PM
could GGG plz make a gem a unquie or something that could allow minions to curse on hit would be great
I feel like there are some interesting builds that could be made if we could hook-up Curse on Hit to the new Chaos damage AoEs like Wither and Contagion. Perhaps add token up-front damage to them that would allow them to apply the curses? It just seems like an interesting idea, sort of a death-and-decay kind of thing.
I have a question:
I have a FP crit Witch 2curse with this setup:

normally it works fine, the 2 curses are applied correctly but with some bosses like Shavronne and Doedre it doesn't work at all while manual curses are applied correctly (e.g. frostbite) O_o

why this happens?
Last edited by altarius81 on Jan 13, 2016, 3:27:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info