Guild Medieval is recruiting.

Guild Medieval
Guild Medieval is foremost a community of like-minded people who happen to like playing online games together. We are only concerned about the person behind the keyboard, and not your gear or accomplishments. When joining us, you join our community which means interacting with members on our forums and not just in-game. We are always recruiting, and our requirements are strict.

We strive to provide a drama free, family oriented, and people focused environment for mature gamers who wished to play online without the antics often found in open games. We believe that the person behind the keyboard is more important than the pixels on the screen and that everyone should have the opportunity to play without fear of being harassed, heckled, or abused.

More information on our website: www.guildmedieval.com

What we provide
* An amazing community
* A safe and friendly environment where you can be yourself
* A guild forum where we talk about anything and everything (not just gaming)
* Our own private Mumble server
* Brimming guild stash
* Build advice and in-game support by our helpful members

Rules and requirements

We encourage fair play, courtesy and camaraderie with all players. To that end, we require every member to follow basic rules:
* Be nice!
* Behave maturely (we don't have an age requirement, but we do require you to act like a grown-up)
* No profanity
* No harassment
* No sexism, racism or bigotry
* No hacks or cheating

A somewhat longer version of these rules will be presented you before you join (here). But these simple rules basically cover everything.

These rules also apply to character and account-names, if you have names that violate the rules but still want to join, you can request a name-change from support.

We also expect you to be at least a little bit active on our forums, remember you're joining a community, not just a guild.

How to join
Visit our forums and fill out the application (here). All serious applications are considered and replied to--this means filling out the reason for joining with more than just a couple of sentences. Responses are usually within 48 hours. Check back for PMs on our forums regarding your application. Applications with little information, poor grammar, or generally showing a lack of earnestness will not be considered.

To reiterate: we are highly selective. We are a guild of friends, and it's hard to make new friends with someone who doesn't make an effort in an introduction. Showing us you want to belong and value the same things we do will go a long way in your application. Your application is viewable by any member, so keep in mind that this is how you are presenting yourself to the guild.

To that point, everyone who joins Guild Medieval does so under a "trial membership" period. This is really just an opportunity for us, and you, to see if we are a good fit for one another, and if you're active in grouping and our forums usually lasts only a few months before a final decision is reached about whether one becomes a full member, or not.

A brief history of Guild Medieval
Guild Medieval was launched on March 20th, 2001 as a Diablo 2 guild. Since then we have expanded to cover DDO, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Neverwinter, Tera, ESO, LotRO and most recently SWtOR.

Still unsure?
If you are still unsure if Guild Medieval is the right Guild for you. Feel free to leave us a message. Either here, on our forums or in-game. We'll be happy to answer any and all questions.
Last edited by Regina on Oct 14, 2015, 3:56:53 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2019, 3:15:07 AM
We will be setting up an in-game guild as soon as possible.

New members welcome.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Looks promising, I have applied via the website.

See you in Nemesis soon!
Word of warning, this guild isn't actually more mature than any others, and absolutely not drama free.

In this guild, your private discussions might be shared without you knowing amongst the guild officers, and despite not breaking any guild rules per say, you might be conspired against and get kicked without warning. They will even lie to your face to save their own. Underneath their maturity facade, I've found and seen that there is actually quite a toxic thing going on under the surface.

More info ( wall of text warning ) can be found here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71562/page/48#p3729170

Last edited by Minorith on Oct 23, 2013, 7:34:30 AM
After reading the comments on the link, I decided that I still intend keep my application to join Guild Medieval. Thanks for voicing your worries, though.
"
After reading the comments on the link, I decided that I still intend keep my application to join Guild Medieval. Thanks for voicing your worries, though.

That's what I ment with lying, as the only truthful comments on that thread are from my side. For example, I never interacted with "a dozen" officers, more like 2. Just an example of many.

Just watch your back, and GL.
Happy hunting everyone!
"
Minorith wrote:
Word of warning, this guild isn't actually more mature than any others, and absolutely not drama free.

In this guild, your private discussions might be shared without you knowing amongst the guild officers, and despite not breaking any guild rules per say, you might be conspired against and get kicked without warning. They will even lie to your face to save their own. Underneath their maturity facade, I've found and seen that there is actually quite a toxic thing going on under the surface.

More info ( wall of text warning ) can be found here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71562/page/48#p3729170

Awesome people, really !
*cough*
why do people join guilds, again ?
at this point (and it's been that way for me for years) it seems that people who do that are in need of a crutch, and therefore rightfully get spanked on their behinds by providence for forgetting they are self reliant beings
thanks for the read, minorith, i enjoyed it
and i wish you well on your travels, be they solitary or in company
i remember a past bad experience with a guild, or rather an alliance of guilds on silkroad online
quite the story
and quite the jerks
it was crushing to leave a lively social group to get back to solo playing, i admit
but really, why do people put up with that shit ?
because yes, the amount of shit that was going on was reaching epic levels
it sounds like government... in all its dirtiest, most pitiful aspects
starting with the PR spin... omg lol
Some people will never get it.

That's fine, it's a free society and no one is forced to join. If it's not right for you, then probably this is the same both ways.

For those who do seek an environment and guildmates that are friendly, courteous and helpful, we're still recruiting.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Well put, Mord.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info