Please close this thread.

Good Morning PoE.

<3 GGG.

<3 GGG.

Good afternoon everyone.
Good Evening PoE.

<3 GGG.

<3 GGG.

Word of warning. Wall of text, but you might want to read this before applying. Ex-members experience of Guild Medieval.

I'd like to add, that while Guild Medieval mainly consists of mature gamers, certain aspects aren't always handled very maturely, or even fairly.

A week ago, I expressed concern that I wasn't sure if I would make Knight ( the first permanent rank, Squire being sort of a test perioid. ) Before I expressed said concern on the guild forums, I had:

-Helped vaurious members of the guild level
-Deposited the first epic item ever into the guild bank, while they were still highly valuable
-Gave beforementioned epic items to guildmembers
-Organized dungeon runs, and adviced other players with strategies
-Never critized a single guild member, instead gave them positive feedback on their performance
-Contributed to the forums and actively used them as required
-Made many friends in the guild

All and all, I had contributed quite and then some to the guild in Neverwinter. I then got bored of NW, as I had cleared every dungeon, capped on gear and so on. I expressed my concern if me becoming a Knight ( permanent member ) was in danger because I would be playing Path of Exile for now ( the guild also plays Path of Exile, and Dungeons & Dragons Online ).

I was told by the guild leader, several officers and other members that I would be just fine. I could contribute by writing guides, because I was an advanced player. I was told that aslong as I use the forums and act well, I'd be fine.

An officer then private messaged me, and asked how he could help me out. He said he could see I wasn't happy with Guild Medieval, I told him this is absolutely not the case, and that no one can be blamed for me "fast to the finish line" ( having sort of done everything you can in Neverwinter. ) He then said he could even create a character to Path of Exile to play with me: I said it sounds great. I also wrote that I've been in 20-30 guilds before ( over the duration of 20 years of gaming, this I failed to write. ) I also said that out of 2 different options, leaving myself before being booted was lesser of a deal. I worded this poorly however; something along the lines of "I'd rather leave than be booted, no biggie." -however I ment what I wrote before, no biggie of the 2 possibly necessary evils.

A few days later I login. I am banned.

No email, no private message ( atleast one I can read, since I'm banned ) no nothing. I contact an officer, asking him the following questions and receive the following replies, and my thoughts:

1. Why was I banned, I was told everything is allright by officers and the guild leader himself?

There was concern that Guild Medieval wouldn't be good enough for you, and you had a tone that everyone read as you not caring if you're booted, or if you just leave.

I understand one sentence was poorly written. However, is this enough to ban someone? Also, why did no one come to me for clarification?

2. When I expressed concern Path of Exile wouldn't grant me votes to be Knighted because it's more of a solo game, I was told it'll be fine aslong as I use the forums and I got nothing to worry about?

-Path of Exile is a solo game and it might not grant votes, this was one concern.

So my point was valid after all, yet on the forums I'm told by officers and the guild leader that it's no problem? Why was I told it is a problem then? Everything regarding this very matter was supposed to be allright, but it wasn't, and I was banned without being informed, with no one communicating with me.

3. Would I go through the trouble of expressing concern of my membership if I didn't care and did not want to contribute? Why would I go through all this trouble to set things right if I really didn't care about being kicked?

-In the private message pasted by the officer who talked to you, you mentioned you had been in 30 guilds before, this was also one concern.

So in essence, the Officer who told me everything was good, who wanted to make a new Path of Exile character to play with me, had pasted the PRIVATE MESSAGE to the Officer forums, and more or less contributed to this whole farce? I mean really? I'd also like to note I have been playing multiplayer games for almost 20 years. I also mentioned in said private message I've never been kicked from a guild, and hence I'd rather leave if it seemed I wouldn't make permanent member despite all my attempts to do so and contribute.

4. Doesnt me not being kicked from 30 guilds ever say more good things about me than bad?

-It was read in a different manner by many officers and leaders.

Still admitting the sentence was poorly formatted, I DID HOWEVER MENTION the fact I've never been booted, from 30 guilds. That was ignored completely?

5. There are players who only join to Path of Exile. How can they be a part of the guild playing only Path of Exile if I can't?

( No response, aside from people being active on the forums and occasionally playing other games, exactly what I did. )

At this point another officer enters the chatroom, and tells me that he has been asked to remove me from the chat server. I could say goodbye to the other officer ( who is a nice fellow. ) This other officer kicks me off the server before I say goodbye to him, and says I'm allowed to reapply in one month.

tl;dr: Expressed concern if I'd make permanent member or not. Was told by vaurious officers and leaders that everything is good, encouraged to have fun! Approached by an officer privately, asking if he could help, offering to play with me to get votes to make permanent member, who then pasted the whole private message to an officer forum. A sentence is misinterpreted wrong, and a gun is jumped; I'm banned without anyone asking me for clarification, without being informed in any way. A backstabbing of someone you aren't quite sure you need to stab to beginwith, if you will.

Despite what anyone after this post will claim, what I have wrote is true, and describes my point of view. The guild is nice, the people were nice, I sincerely wanted to contribute and enjoyed my time in GM, altough it was left short and has quite a bitter ending. However, the whole thing was handled in a manner that in no way presents maturity that the guild claims to weigh on. The whole thing was handled more poorly than I've ever seen, and all behind my back, be it on purpose or not.

Expressing your concern can apparently get you banned without warning in this guild. I won't be reapplying, and I wish the good folks of GM a nice journey forth. But since you share private discussions and review members, I might aswell do the same by reviewing the guild and sharing. This is apparently what -might- happen in what I believe is a worst case scenario. This warning can only be fair, for the least.

I'm sure this will be handled maturely in their guild forums, like when another member was sarcastically bashed when he announced ( with an utmost wellmannered post ) that he is leaving the guild. ;)

Courtesy - Experienced none.
Integrity - Definetly not 100%
Fair play - ...

This post will probably be followed by an official/leader responding in an attempt to save integrity and/or credibility of the guild.( Forum moderator: note that this post does not break any forum code of conduct. )

The only thing medieval isn't in the guilds name; you can get executed without trial.
Last edited by Minorith on Jun 17, 2013, 12:50:49 AM
Morning folks.

At this point, Minorith, after a half dozen officers have had private conversations with you regarding your behaviour, and after receiving reports from over a dozen members on your negative attitude and immature comportment, going to have to fully support your removal from the Guild.

Airing dirty laundry in public, rather than attempting reasonable communications, particularly in light of the varied attempts to "talk you down", is less than mature, and underscores your lack of suitability for the guild.

Feel free to re-app in six months.

As you can see, folks, we're quite serious about our system, and just giving gear away like its candy isn't enough to buy your way into the ranks.

Its not about how "pro" you are, its not about how frequently you're online, its not about how much gear you have, or give away; its about how you treat your guildies, and how you carry yourself in a conversation. How you play is more important than whether you play, or what you play, and will keep you playing with us for years, perhaps even the decade plus I've personally had the privilege of being a member of this Guild.

<3 GGG.

<3 GGG.

Well said Drakkos!
"
drakkos wrote:
Morning folks.

At this point, Minorith, after a half dozen officers have had private conversations with you regarding your behaviour, and after receiving reports from over a dozen members on your negative attitude and immature comportment, going to have to fully support your removal from the Guild.

Seeing how I never even played with half a dozen members yet, more like dungeon runs with around 5 people, and casually chatting with a few others, of which a public thread was made and the feedback was positive, this is obviously a lie. Neither did I privately chat with more than a few officers. Why exaggarate? Seems going on the defensive to me.

"
drakkos wrote:

Airing dirty laundry in public, rather than attempting reasonable communications, particularly in light of the varied attempts to "talk you down", is less than mature, and underscores your lack of suitability for the guild.

I find it a bit funny that you're talking about attempting communication. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Expressing concern and talking about issues that someone would like to discuss is perfectly mature, factually, actually. Whereas conspiring behind a persons back and just kicking someone without even telling them I consider highly immature and "unprofessional" -if that term can be used.

Quite serious about your system indeed, except for the courtesy and fair play part I'd say.

"
drakkos wrote:

Its not about how "pro" you are, its not about how frequently you're online, its not about how much gear you have, or give away; its about how you treat your guildies, and how you carry yourself in a conversation. How you play is more important than whether you play, or what you play, and will keep you playing with us for years, perhaps even the decade plus I've personally had the privilege of being a member of this Guild.

Not sure if you're mislabeling here, but I atleast was fully aware that being in the guild isn't about ingame performance. The main issue is how you handled things; you won't ofcourse ever admit to mistakes or doing this whole thing really poorly as a leader for credibilitys sake. Another fact is that I never treated any guildmate poorly. Most likely your old traditions and longetivity of the playerbase is part of the problem. Something that resembles your generic fantasy kingdom, with the conspiring nobles included really isn't my cup of tea. I would place that kind of behavior to a boarding school rather than a mature guild. I won't be reapplying, but thanks, and have a good one.
Last edited by Minorith on Jun 17, 2013, 11:54:01 AM
Evening folks.

<3 GGG.

<3 GGG.

Well, after many attempts I cannot get past your CAPTCHA to register to get into your forums.

I am not challenged, and have tried many variations but it keeps coming that it is not matching.

Might need to fix that, just saying...
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Tested thoroughly, seems to be working.

Luck.

<3 GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info