More 1.0.0 Information

Far Shot keystone? Please?......
"
Spork will still be an incredibly effective build. At a certain point, the dps of any build actually becomes limited by how effectively you can actually dish out the dps. If monsters are already dead before you put a second totem down, then the shock stack change will only be bringing down dps to a fair amount. From lolz big number to just plain OP :D which many builds must be in order to survive high level content. It's a great change, all of them are awesome.

Can't wait for release!

given the leaked passive tree that included several nodes buffing greatly totem damage it might be unreasonable to NOT expect totem nerf.

stuff like 'totem reserves % life' or 'totems drain mana' are probably not possible (the outcry...) but simple dmg nerf or point-blanking them or putting them on cooldown can do the trick

totem builds break risk-cost-MF-clearspeed square by being good at everything so it is about time they get nerfed
Yet even more tidbits that's making release really exciting for me! Life buff? Yes please. Shock nerf? Yes please. Moar maps?! w000000t!

I can't wait until we can see the final tree and start making awesome new builds. Hopefully path of CI goes away now, or at least is not completely dominant against life builds. I am concerned that we are going to see tons of Scions around, but being that they are the new class I suppose that should be expected. I just want to get my hands on dat spectral throw :p
Lightning arrow micro transaction effect. Pretty pretty please.
IGN: Surging_Strike
fist
You have entered Ghetto.
Here are a few examples I've put together to illustrate where a level 80'ish character would be in terms of % to life. I'm not saying these are the best nor optimal but I know at least one of them works OK. A couple will probably need auras because they are lacking due to the fact that I tried to get as much life nodes as possible at level 80 (normally I don't build or play this way).

Fact is unless there is a buff to HP nodes then reaching Chris's numbers isn't possible and the developers shouldn't think it's possible. Even at higher levels it wouldn't be much more unless you forgo shield nodes and some armor nodes. This is a Facebreaker build or builds which don't need any offensive nodes to perform well. If this was something else it would be boring and not perform that great in dps. That's my point. Melee has to use all points to survive...no fun.

Also note these would have problems due to lack of other core stats..dex and int.

Ex. Build One. - Quick Facebreaker build where I get some Shield Nodes, bit of armor and as much life as I can. Typically I wouldn't go this route because it doesn't have enough resistance for me. I don't like depending on aura's for holes..but this build would need it. Point is to try and make a "playable" build at around lvl 80 and see how close I can come to the 250% to life.
Spoiler
+400 to Strength
+44 to Dexterity
+74 to Intelligence
+77 to maximum Mana
+322 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
182% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
+10 Life gained when you Kill an enemy
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
1% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life
27% additional Shield Block Chance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
Life Leech applies instantly. Life Regeneration and Life Recovery from Flasks have no effect.
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
10% reduced Mana Reserved
52% increased Armour
35% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
32% increased maximum Mana
27% increased Attack Speed
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
+14.8% Energy Shield
+80% increased Melee Physical Damage
+88 Accuracy Rating

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlhNrrE9vPdrKpXDfKcPC1yqVnz-6rGrgz3fNnAGqC0tz7-CunVZp6QVXq48kWvbKmVp4Suk-djxYpRYBo4plcqOLXy8B8aMjrhqW4Es6IAgFaI8XgNTeMUTQJxT32-ilivrFkB3HC7Rmn-j6QZ4ur22hv6YSEl34TvhNleE3TtZU1uacOGeu9HfsS4vqfnkWBLq8XV-KyvBS29gUCgmSvvTjIJKLVgiGFSn8s=

Build 2 - Something closer to what I would play because I went after IR. Most of the better gear I have is EVA based so I need to utilize it.

Spoiler
+380 to Strength
+94 to Dexterity
+74 to Intelligence
+77 to maximum Mana
+282 to maximum Life
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
132% increased maximum Life
4.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
+24% to all Elemental Resistances
3% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life
23% additional Shield Block Chance
10% reduced Mana Reserved
52% increased Armour
Life Leech applies instantly. Life Regeneration and Life Recovery from Flasks have no effect.
32% increased maximum Mana
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
Cannot be Stunned
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
+14.8% Energy Shield
+76% increased Melee Physical Damage
+188 Accuracy Rating
18.8% increased Evasion Rating

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlhNrrz3ayqVw3ynHKpWfP7qtIhfNnAGqC0ns1mnpBVpzCplaeEAef3vlFgGjg26BoyWK-AVnC7Rml4DU999tq-iqluAdy18k3jpBni6q6TrFkb-mEhplcqOP6PJd-E7zrhhNleE3TtiPFlTW5pw4Z670d-xLi-p-eRYEurxdX40k2srwUtvYHAD0CgmSvV7e9OIWAyCSi1dPFgiBjbnrlhUkOcn8sOrSml

Another variation. This one is mana free and something I'm close to building. Thought was play it this way to get the mana gear I need (actually have it) then slightly redo and get rid of BM.

Spoiler
+430 to Strength
+94 to Dexterity
+74 to Intelligence
+77 to maximum Mana
+337 to maximum Life
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
142% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
+24% to all Elemental Resistances
3% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life
23% additional Shield Block Chance
Removes all mana. Spend Life instead of Mana for Skills
52% increased Armour
12% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
8% increased maximum Mana
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
Cannot be Stunned
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
+14.8% Energy Shield
+86% increased Melee Physical Damage
+188 Accuracy Rating
18.8% increased Evasion Rating

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlhNrrz3ayqVw3ynHKpWfP7qtIhfNnAGqC0ns1mnpBVpzCplaeEAef3vlFgGjg26Boy7DhYrzpSZKOAVjrYRmnfvxpVT318u2EhxYri6oTv8B8B3F4TdO0Es6IApBnDhnrvFE0CcRv655FgS4M4Jd-srwUt73yE2UCgZU1uae9OIWBHfr6nMgkotXTxq8XSTWCIGNueub2BwA9hUkOcmSvV7Z_LDq0ppfrSNunjaiSqGYU=
I see so much crying about sporkers when sporkers aren't really the problem at all. My sporker doesn't clear anywhere near as fast as my melee char, and I've invested 20+ exalts in my sporker. Sporker dies more than my melee char (roughly 30 on sporker, only 15 on melee)

Lastly YES TOTEMS BRING THE MF, they don't have shit else to do! And by the way, you can't be GOD at everything at once on a sporker (without shavs), and if you had one w/o Shavs you'd probably know this.

Chris already knows what needs nerfing, and so does most of the player base. Its those freaking (OP-as-shit) Low-life builds
RIP squid summoners.
The added life won't mean anything. From Chris' post the other day he mentioned "most" flat rate auras will change to percentage based. So, take a flat rate Grace on a BM Maruader, and project that flat rate lvl 20 at a little over 200 cost now being 20% of your entire life pool. The end result is that you may gain a few hundred health, but if you were running Grace before and after, you result in a lower overall health pool than before. Even with this health boost..

It's a ruse....
Time to watch the trading cards sell for $1 on day one then be at $.05 the next day :D
"
apparat07 wrote:
The added life won't mean anything. From Chris' post the other day he mentioned "most" flat rate auras will change to percentage based. So, take a flat rate Grace on a BM Maruader, and project that flat rate lvl 20 at a little over 200 cost now being 20% of your entire life pool. The end result is that you may gain a few hundred health, but if you were running Grace before and after, you result in a lower overall health pool than before. Even with this health boost..

It's a ruse....

or maybe all that nodes needed to take IR+US can be now used to take armor nodes (that hopefully have some life added as a secondary benefit). so the grace is not needed and that IR+Grace trick is finally gone. Evasion granting aura used in 99% cases to grant armor.. just.. just.. not right

im not optimistic (that BOTW vide teaser has scion with 3.5k hp.. so nothing spectacular) but i see a slight signs of changes in good direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info