1.0.0 Balance Changes

"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:
Is it just the % auras, or the flat ones too?

because if the flat auras are increased in mana cost too, thats a pretty big blow to the blood magic keystone :/

Most of the flat cost auras are changing to being percent based for cost as well.

*insert that noise you get from sucking air in through your teeth* That's gonna hurt, especially since before I was happy with the change since I could run lower-leveled versions of my auras for less mana and end up with approximately the same effect. But I suppose that if it's well-balanced, this could go well.

And to supplement my question about DoT and MF from earlier, I've come up with a few more:

Is there any chance of Concentrated Effect working with auras as a slight boon to solo players, or an Aura Concentrated Effect gem being released?

Will there be any changes to crafting in the new leagues to reflect the loss of lots and lots of white items?

Will 2 handed weapons still be able to roll the really low affixes, or will their affix table basically be a scaled-up version of the 1h table?
"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:

because if the flat auras are increased in mana cost too, thats a pretty big blow to the blood magic keystone :/

Most of the flat cost auras are changing to being percent based for cost as well.

so blood magic node builds are basically not able to run auras? :/
@HBT
Wonderful!
Keep up the good work GGG.
"
k0do wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:

so blood magic node builds are basically not able to run auras? :/

Well we don't know how much aura reservation reduction is on the tree yet!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:

Can we at least know which auras get getting changed from flat to % reservation?

How will anyone run more than 2 or 3 auras with this new patch? I do not want to sink another 4-8 nodes on 'reduced mana reservation nodes' in addition to the 4-6 nodes I implicitly lost by no longer being able to go through the center of the tree.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 15, 2013, 12:31:36 AM
Man, this game is beautiful. Thank you GGG!
"
Hrishi wrote:

Well we don't know how much aura reservation reduction is on the tree yet!

well, either you cant run the auras on life, or they take up a small % (lets say 5-10% each)
at which point it becomes much more favourable to play a mana/blood magic gem based build :/
@HBT
everything sounds amazing.

my only concern is specing bloodmagic on the passive tree will not be very popular now that all auras (i think) will be % based? maybe remove blood magic support gem?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

I think that this increases the disparity between partying and soloing. More will have to depend (or as I call it piggybacking) on partying just to make it through mapping. It is great that auras are getting buffs, but if that is what it takes to discourage auras-stacking, then I would prefer the system to be unchanged.

The more I think about it the more I hate it. I'm playing this game as a solo player, never in party. Now I see my characters will have to choose between -DPS or -RES or -Armor as I won't be able to stack auras. Meanwhile parties will be so happy of buff. This reminds me MMO mechanics, "Buffs please, where is that guy who is casting buffs."

Just please dont make that game "play in party or die" more than it is now.

...my crusade to fix mana still yields no results. *sigh* come here mana leech.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info