1.0.0 Balance Changes

First of all I would like to say that I really like most of the changes. But please explain to me these two dumb changes:

"
Improved Two-Handed Weapons and Mods
We feel that there should be more incentive to use two-handed weapons and to be exposed to additional combat risk by not having a shield.

Additional combat risk by not having a shield as a two-handed weapon user???? Are we still talking about POE? How is it more risky when you are able to permastun everything? Not wearing a shield can only be a pain in the ass for dualwielders. If you have any problems with a 2h permastun build you do something wrong! Please explain this "balance" change to me.

"
Auras
We had two problems with Auras:
[blah blah..]To solve this, we're making auras more powerful but are increasing their mana reservation costs.

This is by far the most stupid "solution" I can even imagine! This change does nothing to full groups but buttfucks every singleplayer without the smallest amount of lube. Sorry, but seriously don't you see that you do give more and more advantages to group players and kill soloplay piece by piece? Don't forget that this is the second soloplayer buttfuck in one patch:
"
The party bonus to item drops is being changed so that it is more in the direction of Item Rarity and doesn't have as much affect on Item Quantity (you still find the same rate of Magic/Rare/Unique items as before).
So please explain to my why exactly do you ignore 10000000 post about soloplay not being rewarding and make the situation even worse for soloplayers compared to group players?

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 15, 2013, 8:07:03 PM
I hope that devs will not get too scared becuase of all this hate and nerf the auras changes...from the start i was thinking that 5+ auras, when you have little more mana is just crazy. Now players will have to put some thinking which aura is more benefitical for them and not just turn on all of them. it just kill build diversity....

I support auras changes with all my little fingers..
and yes i am solo player...and yes i have character with 5+ auras
Last edited by martin877 on Oct 15, 2013, 8:29:25 PM
Woot! Staff build Templar HERE I COME!!
"
ThackFaugstad wrote:
Woot! Staff build Templar HERE I COME!!

My time has come:

They aren't the best, but I always wanted my Glacial Hammer Templar to use Staves! :D
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
As a (primarily) solo player I don't like the aura change.
I think shifting the cost upwards of the current 30%/40% (depending on aura) is a mistake.
Perhaps making them less easy to stack by having a max number of active auras or something would be better, but increasing the already high mana reservation is a bad solution. 40% of a mana pool (even mid 20s with reduced mana) is still high for those who also use high mana cost skills, yet need auras (just two or three) to survive/be viable builds.
Last edited by phenny on Oct 15, 2013, 8:50:51 PM
Balance latency and fps issues please. A 7970 should never drop to 2fps. Thank you.
Saved
Wouldn't an easy solution to the BM builds problem with the changes to aura's to % based be to change the BM skill from "Removes all mana. Spend life instead of mana on skills." to "Spend life instead of mana on skills."? BM players could still cast 2-3 aura if he or she wanted and it would lower the cases where people run 5+ auras. I don't see any huge problems with the aura change other than BM builds.
"
Russell wrote:

We're still a little sensitive to the words hope and change, especially us US players.
Last edited by defektiv on Oct 15, 2013, 9:55:28 PM
I think my favourite build may become almost impossible, lol

Summoner with dual totem or dual curse using auras to boost the minions. Anger, Wrath, Grace, Discipline, Clarity, Hatred. This was achieved by going through the center to get both aura cost nodes.

Both going through the center _and_ using multiple auras looks to be gone.

OTOH with the removal if IIQ gem I have a spare slot in my chest, Zombie, Spectre, MD, ML, IIR, and...

I guess I need a new plan.

On a side note, for a life based maurauder with BM, Anger and Wrath were basically free.

Im with the guy that suggested having an aura max, like totems and curses do.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
defektiv wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

We're still a little sensitive to the words hope and change, especially us US players.

HAHAH AMEN!
Almost spit out beer reading this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info