1.0.0 Balance Changes

"
Torin wrote:
What about desync? Is anything done about that?

Yeah, how about dsync? and AMD users...
Holy shit GGG, so many good balance changes. Finally! Can't wait! 2 handers definitely needed a boost, but they're probably still crap. When I'm mapping we don't even pick up 2h maces / axes because we know they're always shit and give just alteration shards. Something needed to be done.
vaal or no balls
Very good !
GARDRAGON
"
grepman wrote:
One problem I have with increasing mana reservation on auras is that you end up hurting the solo player while people in a 6-player party will benefit even more from all the shared auras.

I also agree with this. I do not like party playing for various reasons, and I want to play this amazing game solo. But the aura nerf make me some spoil enjoyment of solo playing and gives the party an advantage in playing again ...

But otherwise great job GGG ...
keep it upp guys!
IGN:smash_dash_bang. lvl 80+ man slam marauder inv
rather yolo and die then play safe and boring
"
BarbarCohen wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
One problem I have with increasing mana reservation on auras is that you end up hurting the solo player while people in a 6-player party will benefit even more from all the shared auras.

I also agree with this. I do not like party playing for various reasons, and I want to play this amazing game solo. But the aura nerf make me some spoil enjoyment of solo playing and gives the party an advantage in playing again ...

But otherwise great job GGG ...
I also agree with this, this is going to make Alphas Howl and Prism cost even more than they already do, and even more powerful than they already are.

Chris, whatre you guys doing with these uniques in such a case ?

+2 to Aura and -25% Mana Reserve is going to make the new Aura builds pretty much require both of these items. Even if youre running 1-3.

Im currently running 3, Determination, Tempest Shield and Hatred, i cant afford higher reserve costs, especially without significant reserve reductions.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 15, 2013, 3:13:17 AM
I dont know how auras changes will be but i think those changes are not good for some builds. I agree that there are some builds that can run more auras but i will speak for my build. I run a block build and i count every last passive node to accomplish my theorycraft. Its hp+es build most of my points are going for hp , armor , armor+es and block nodes and i have only 3 passives on the Duelist area that give me dps (Water Dancing).
So.
I use Cyclone with Soul Taker and i have 4k dps on my tooltip , if i need to refund passive nodes to get the reduce mana reservation i need to minimize my survivabilty. That means less armor or es or hp or block , and if i need to keep my passive and lose just 1 aura its still the same thing or even worst , or i am losing block (Tempest Shield) or i am losing armor (determinatio+grace) or i am losing dps (Hatred or Anger) and going to negative dps for maps. In other words if one elite has life regen or life leech or both i cant kill it lol.

2 paragraphs to mention my problem on my build. Imagine the BM keystoners , no chance for them or CI builds that already use 2 or 3 and in best cases 4 auras.

One other thing i dont agree is the 5L change. I really never used more than 50 fuses to get a 5L. 5L are already all over the place and i really dont get it , are they crying so much to make you do such a change? With the 25% increase to fuse a 5L , all 5L prices will drastically drop. Why dont you increase the 6L chance? I see and i know many people that used more than 1500 fusing to get a 6L. I know 6L feels like end game but look the difference here , 50 fusing to get a 5L 1500+ to get a 6L. 50 fusing are not that hard to farm but 1500?? This is a so casual change.. Dont change your rules , its a grinding game if they cant grind ("farm") 50 fusing they are playing a wrong game. I know as a new game company you need players but what can i say... casuals allways destroy the fun of a gamer for their own plesure.

Also if you want to balance the currency that a player need to do maps for example to buy maps or craft maps , make the drop rate inside the maps +/- 2 lvls. So if you play for example a 75 lvl map you will get 73 to 77 lvl map drops and not a troll Tropical Island lvl 66 map. This way cost of high lvl map will drop and even casual players can afford the currency to buy lvl 76 or 77 lvl maps instead of paying 4 exalted for 10 min xp run and maybe a deadly one. Casuals can grind xp on sides areas with 1.0.0 changes but they have the option to actually play a cheaper high lvl map and pros will keep grind their map pool. Its a win-win situation.
Last edited by PureRhymes on Oct 15, 2013, 3:31:43 AM
Making linking easier again? Nice casual patch, again. Now even with Steam, Path of Casuals?
If you need to spend like 20 fuse for a 4L, you need to do it. Just farm more, and get them.
I hate how you hear all those casuals whine and still do what they want.

New mods for Staves? Nice, even harder to roll EK staves.
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
Its good changes but what about 6links maybe do some buff like item memory its like when 1000 or 1500 fusings used item automatically gets 6l...its still lottery but it would feel less punishable or recipe for 1000 fusings. Also with quant/rarity changes what about improve a drop from white yellow monsters because it feels like we forced to farm bosses,because we got nerf to mf so less drops from white yellow monsters...and all we do is make fast boss farming class which seems pretty boring....
I like the 2H buffs but please redo the list of item mods on the website and make it sensible, like the armor mods of jewelry not mixed in with body armor, or showing that x-y elemental damage on rings only goes up to a certain point on the list. I sorted it all out eventually or by brute force through poe.xyz.is but it is super confusing.

4L changes are nice, but it is maddening that I have never been able to get a 6L so I wish that was buffed too.

I really like the new keystone that helps EB users, but I am still miffed I never find "rare uniques", especially Shav's. I wish there was another unique with its special ability. I've put in a ton of time into this game before and feel like I have nothing to show for it and can't even get to play the builds I want and part of the game with no Shav's.

I hope PVP is good and am glad you guys are starting to work on it.
Last edited by Chypre on Oct 15, 2013, 3:15:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info