Anarchy and Onslaught Leagues have Ended - 61 Players Completed all Challenges!

"
Nastakanoth wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Only a handful of all players even had a chance of completing that list

that's how it is meant to be ^^

No. It's not.

There should be challenges that are so hard that only a handful of players will complete them. Not challenges that are so time-consuming/boring/unreasonable that only a handful players has the time/perservation/mindset to endure them.

I actually thought the challenges were fun :(
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
I actually thought the challenges were fun :(

Same here...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
congrats guys, that's some dedication.
S L O W E R
I think the challenges actually did a good job of testing your ability at nearly every aspect of the game in some way.

Obviously, leveling is a big part of the game and this was tested by getting to 60 on all classes. In a hardcore league, no less.

That and your ability to make a variety of different builds were also tested by needing to allocate every notable/keystone node on the skill tree.

Then there's exploring, tested by having to fully clear every area in the game.

Crafting? Use each currency item

Another one tested your knowledge of all the different vendor recipes by making you obtain all of the items from them.

Your skill at end-game was tested by having to use all the different maps(This one would have been better though if you had to actually kill the boss in all of them as I believe will be the case in the next set of challenged.)

Your ability to handle more difficult fights was also tested by the Rogue exiles.

And finally, trading is also a big part of the game which was tested by having to obtain all the unique items.

Admittedly a lot of these also ended up being a huge amount of grinding, but that too is part of the game. Note the name of the company that made it...
Can't wait to see what the T-shirt will look like! :D

Really glad the challenge T-shirt will be different than the PoE logo / Tabula rasa ones, since i'll get both from exalted support pack loll

3 different T-shirts FTW! :D
IGN : MySecondBestiary
Last edited by Brutus21 on Oct 9, 2013, 5:10:10 AM
Congrats to everyone that completed it.
BigMacky Level 100 Anarchy
Well done guys - Challenges were a great idea and even though I only managed one I am looking forward to trying to do more in the new leagues.
TFIGEGKTB
Congratulations to all 8-star generals. Hope you get a nice T-shirt.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Thanks!

Unique items challengue was the hardest one for me
IGN: Cast_On_Queue
It was fun to complete most of the challenges, but I wish the next leagues don't bring again anything which is mandatory trading like "get all the uniques".

Leveling to 60 was fun and challenging (probably would be better to be level 70 or just finish merciless, much better), also sustaining and climbing maps alone. Clear all the zones and killing exiles were easy, but entertaining ones also. The recipes were also very good, you had to search for information about them and learn about their uses. The same about crafting, even if I dont consider it as a decent crafting system but just a gamble with an unbalanced risk-reward results. At least, I used one exalt at a level 50 bow at onslaugh with impressive result, and my eternal + divine on it after that did a great job too ;).

I gave up on uniques and passives. The first one, well, drop rates are awful and after seeing my 5th voll's protector and 6th Kaom's Sign I was really upset with current rates. Best uniques self-found were Andvarius and 2 Maligaro's, nothing more. Was able to trade for Alpha's and Rainbowstrides, since I wanted them for some builds, but I don't think a challenge that encourage trade-flipping its good after all. Hell, a trade system on default gameplay that encourage it is not good either. Additionally, I just hate to trade, I want to find loot by killing things, not going to supermarket (I'll never stop saying it until this thing is addressed).

About the passives, I understand the initial intentions. The players will use more of those underused passives and will discover their real potential, yaya! But I don't think anyone did like that. Probably (I can be wrong) most of people completed them just with regrets and leveling to 30 with some uniques that don't need you to invest on any skill point. Thats the definition of no-challeging / boring achievement.

After all 6 of 8 were great, nice job. Lets see what you do for the new leagues!
♠RaGoN♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info