Upcoming 1.0.0 Skills and Support Gems, Anarchy/Onslaught ending and San Francisco Meetup Pictures

Flash-forward image from 10 years and memento of all photos from hereonnow to that point.

Chris wearing black PoE t-shirt.

Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Don't be limited... GGG proved to constantly release new stuff.
Easy to say "cast on death only work with portal" yeah. Thats right for "YET!!" what if they release an item or a gem "why not phase run?" that would make you "considered death and unable to move for 1sec, and then you get a bonus speed of 100%" idk something like that...
that "phase run" + cast on death + discharge = a big boom followed by extreme speed for escape. Just like Smoke mine "that they just released, proving that im maybe on the good path of thinking"

They added more option to build, maybe we just don't see the whole possibility yet

TBH, does that news feel like a full release note to you? We don't even know how avatar of fire turned just yet... what if it's something like "concidered death, can't attack, but you can move as you which and have 20-30% more fire dmg for the duration" JESUS I would love to add a gem like "cast on death" to that :)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
elvorette wrote:
"
Cast on Death, interesting. Unless there's going to be a super rare resurrection gem I doubt that will be used in HC/Nem.

Awesome gems, very happy to see Cast on Crit.

It's monster death, not player death

It is cast on player death. We don't really expect this one to be too popular in Hardcore.

would be good coupled with portal gem.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Ok, first off awesome sneak peaks from both post and trailer, but the so many questions!

First off: the girl in the new trailer: new class? For I thought that you guys had quite a nice balance with the primarily str/int/dex classes and then the hybrids, but I do not see where she'd fit in. I heard somewhere that eventually each class would have a gender-swapped counterpart to it, so maybe she'd emulate one of the pre-existing classes? I'm possibly thinking Templar with evidence of strength (ax throwing) and magic (main page image)?

Next, I saw what looks like about three areas in the video that I can't match up with any of the previous areas that we're familiar with: a stony temple with much overgrowth but stone in tact, a mechanical device where the last slow-mo of the trailer takes place, and who can forget about that new boss? If not adding new areas to pre-existing acts, I'm guessing Act 4?

Next about the passives wipe: if the new girl is going to become her own class, then I see a good reason for it for all her new skills, but if not, any hints on how many new passives added, what will be dropped, and any reworked?

Now the actual skill gems: will Cast on Damage Taken be activated after a certain amount of damage is dealt? Much like how some mobs gained charges when every quarter of their health was depleted? For if for any damage taken that will be cast all the time. Will the Animate weapon be similar to Raise Zombie except selecting weapons laid around the player? And will the reverse effect gems give bonuses in return for lower stats like reduced mana cost or faster casting?

And with the closing of open beta, the support packs are going to be revamped so that we know that the ones with the rhoas were open beta supporters, so any hints on the animal this time?

All that I have for questions right now, will post any more that may come up. Great job again!
Fire Ferrets
Last edited by man_ga on Oct 8, 2013, 12:31:11 AM
Awesome!
Last edited by Sonnac on Oct 8, 2013, 12:14:31 PM
So... still no cut-throat league.

And no news on PvP content.

Sigh.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
elvorette wrote:
"
Cast on Death, interesting. Unless there's going to be a super rare resurrection gem I doubt that will be used in HC/Nem.

Awesome gems, very happy to see Cast on Crit.

It's monster death, not player death

It is cast on player death. We don't really expect this one to be too popular in Hardcore.

If I support Raise Zombie with Cast on Death, will it raise a zombie from my character's corpse rather than a nearby monster corpse?

Even though it wouldn't be that useful it would be very cool especially if it raised a larger more powerful zombie that would keep kicking ass for a little while while I watch from the death screen.
What exactly are Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian?

If Animate Guardian is like D2's Iron Golem, can we cast it on otherwise junk skill gems to create a minion that uses that skill?
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
What exactly are Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian?

If Animate Guardian is like D2's Iron Golem, can we cast it on otherwise junk skill gems to create a minion that uses that skill?

You can see animate guardian in gamespot video interview with gameplay - Chris also mentioned animate weapon mechanics there
Am i able to throw a bow with spectral throw ?

That would be awesome but pointless :D
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info