Upcoming 1.0.0 Skills and Support Gems, Anarchy/Onslaught ending and San Francisco Meetup Pictures

Thing's I really wanna know about trigger gems:

1. Whether the casted spells cost mana or if the mana multiplier only applies to the linked attack.

2. If casted spells have their damage reflected onto the player from reflect mobs, or if the autocasts are treated like totem or trap casts, having damage reflected onto the 'outside source' that is casting the spell for the player.

3. Curse on hit being global and applying to all skills, or if it requires 2 gem slots wasted to apply curses with a single skill. Cause I really want a global curse on hit where the mana cost of linked curses is reserved, to balance.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Oct 7, 2013, 3:53:32 PM
I really hope these gems are not drop only. I supported drop only gems when they weren't build enablers--things like GMP when we have LMP, Elemental Weakness when we have Flammability, etc.. Even Chain was okay because it wasn't necessary with Fork. After Multistrike selling for 6 chaos ea for some inexplicably fucking retarded reason, I don't want to see any more drop only's. So many builds I wanted to try out with Multistrike, said screw it because I wasn't going to spend 60 chaos to try out each one.

Also really hope they make Guardian cast only on items in your inventory. So much griefing can be caused if it only casts on ground. Somebody missclicking and accidentally consuming a GG item, somebody consuming a GG item that somebody else is going to get to first, dropping an item on the ground to cast on and somebody ninjas it, etc..

Otherwise, enough negative nancy talk, I can't wait! So excited to try out these trigger gems. Will really help my melee to cast enfeeble + temp chains on damage taken and on stun :)

"
"
Cast on Death, interesting. Unless there's going to be a super rare resurrection gem I doubt that will be used in HC/Nem.

Awesome gems, very happy to see Cast on Crit.

Cast on Death would be a useless gem in HC if was only able to be linked to your death, I imagine GGG have made it so this is a gem that can be affected by minion death, in which case this gem has some serious potential with summoners :P

I am assuming you need mana to cast the triggered spells otherwise the triggers will be super broken. Maybe on death will be different, but if not.. do skeletons and zombies have mana?

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
I don't see the point to reduced duration, what would anyone use that for?

Cast on death is obviously going to be used heavily by summoners with exploding minions, and some of the others seem pretty cool. If we ever do get that awesome piety lightning ball, slower projectiles could see a use but it'll probably be tossed for being less useful than every other potential support gem.

New trapper belt that detonates traps when they expire, and it will likely act like concentrated effect, making the buff more effective for a shorter duration. Could be good on curses, etc.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 7, 2013, 3:56:20 PM
If you unlock Scion in Standard on release day will she be available in the new league or do you have to unlock her again??
IGN MasterDavid
Shop Threads:
Rampage Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008652
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/poe_masterdavid
"
ohrlylol wrote:
inb4 rip

:)

In before rest in peace????
What's that suppose to mean I wonder...
Which weapon types will spectral throw work with? have a hard time imagining a claw weapon flying/spinning around, but that's the weapon i most want to use with spectral throw. :<
"
Master_David wrote:
If you unlock Scion in Standard on release day will she be available in the new league or do you have to unlock her again??

It's likely account wide, 1-time trigger. Else scion would never be useable in races, which just wouldn't make any sense.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Some interesting new gem mechanics.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
"
Wooser69 wrote:
2. If casted spells have their damage reflected onto the player from reflect mobs, or if the autocasts are treated like totem or trap casts, having damage reflected onto the 'outside source' that is casting the spell for the player.
They're cast by the player, not any other object. You'll take the reflect.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
3. Curse on hit being global and applying to all skills, or if it requires 2 gem slots wasted to apply curses with a single skill. Cause I really want a global curse on hit where the mana cost of linked curses is reserved, to balance.
Curse on hit supports (at least) one curse, and (at least) one skill, which will apply the linked curse(s) on hit.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
Also really hope they make Guardian cast only on items in your inventory. So much griefing can be caused if it only casts on ground. Somebody missclicking and accidentally consuming a GG item, somebody consuming a GG item that somebody else is going to get to first, dropping an item on the ground to cast on and somebody ninjas it, etc..
It casts on items on the ground. They must be items you could pick up (can't be allocated to anyone else) and (at least in the current version) must be identified.
Epic! Can't wait for 1.0.0 lol
Fly you fools.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
I don't see the point to reduced duration, what would anyone use that for?

Cast on death is obviously going to be used heavily by summoners with exploding minions, and some of the others seem pretty cool. If we ever do get that awesome piety lightning ball, slower projectiles could see a use but it'll probably be tossed for being less useful than every other potential support gem.

It'd work nicely on Lightning Warp which would speed it up! :D Also if there are people doing Dual/Tri Lightning Warp totems that'd help them quite a bit too.
Fly you fools.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info