If you have proof you have been scammed ( twitch vod / screenshots ) does the scammer get banned?

If i scammed you and you used the in game streaming to record the transaction and or took a bunch of screenshots and proved to GGG that i scammed you will i get banned for it?

watching bakers stream some guy "allegedly" got scammed for 50 sc exs and people in chat are saying GGG does nothing about it even if there was proof and was jw if this is true?

EDIT: IMO trading between leagues is un fair and should be bannable offense.

EDIT 2: IF you decide to trade between league USE IN GAME TWITCH STREAMING for 100% proof.
Last edited by hiightech on Oct 2, 2013, 9:27:42 PM
If you have any evidence that another player has scammed you please contact us privately at support@grindinggear.com with any information you may have and we will look into this for you.
"
If i scammed you and you used the in game streaming to record the transaction and or took a bunch of screenshots and proved to GGG that i scammed you will i get banned for it?

watching bakers stream some guy "allegedly" got scammed for 50 sc exs and people in chat are saying GGG does nothing about it even if there was proof and was jw if this is true?

Cross league trading section specifically gives a "Unsafe warning" Sadly the warning goes mostly unnoticed.

Also according to GGG Policy if you are "name calling etc" then your post will get removed. EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT. Regardless, it's a sad sad system.

There's one person in particular (no names) that is constantly scamming people in the cross league section and he will continue to scam as long as he can.

I'm an absolute 100% fan of GGG and Path of Exile but this can't continue to happen.

Either the cross league trading system is removed or regulated so that no one can get scammed.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
If you have any evidence that another player has scammed you please contact us privately at support@grindinggear.com with any information you may have and we will look into this for you.

Thank you for your fast response however im kinda looking for a yes or no answer, also if this was a legit situation and i did get scammed there would be no need for you to "look into it" because if it happened to me i would know im right.
Hello i just got Scammed by *****.. i gave him 50 SC exalt to get 25 hc exalt, after i gave him the sc he refuses to answer me.
Im sorry but i feel so dissapointed right now, because even my post got removed from his thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338649/page/24/#p4780386.
I hope you can look at our tradelogs in Sc my Accountname is Vash1987 and my IngameName is NoMoreRip_Peace in Sc and Deso_ in Hardcore.
Sorry for my bad english
I the really bad thing is that i though i screened the chat and trades with him by pressing the "printscreen"-button -.- . I hope u have access to the tradelog and chatlog...thats the last hope i have right now.... if i cant get my exalted back in sc ill hope that this guy gets banned from poe, the kinda guys destroying the cumminity and making people quitt the game.

greetings Deso
Last edited by Vash1987 on Oct 2, 2013, 10:31:32 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/336701

"
Chris wrote:
Because the process of trading Default items for Hardcore items does not involve our secure trade screen, it's a very risky process. We receive many complaints per day where players have scammed each other and not fulfilled their side of a cross-league trade. Due to these complaints, we strongly considered banning this type of trade entirely. However, upon examination, there are many legitimate players who do these trades safely.

We will allow this type of trade but we make no promises that the people you're trading with are going to give you what you wanted. Cross-league trades are performed at your own risk. There is nothing we can do if someone scams you. Do not trade items between leagues that you are not fully prepared to lose.

Please keep all threads about cross-league trades in this forum so that the above warning can be seen. Please do not advertise cross-league trades in the trade channel in-game.

"
Chris wrote:
Cross-league trades are performed at your own risk. There is nothing we can do if someone scams you.

Seems pretty clear. I don't agree with the policy at all but, scam all you want they don't do anything about it.
I stand corrected.
Last edited by MrFrenzy on Oct 2, 2013, 9:55:09 PM
"
MrFrenzy wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Because the process of trading Default items for Hardcore items does not involve our secure trade screen, it's a very risky process. We receive many complaints per day where players have scammed each other and not fulfilled their side of a cross-league trade. Due to these complaints, we strongly considered banning this type of trade entirely. However, upon examination, there are many legitimate players who do these trades safely.

We will allow this type of trade but we make no promises that the people you're trading with are going to give you what you wanted. Cross-league trades are performed at your own risk. There is nothing we can do if someone scams you. Do not trade items between leagues that you are not fully prepared to lose.

Please keep all threads about cross-league trades in this forum so that the above warning can be seen. Please do not advertise cross-league trades in the trade channel in-game.

So you guys Can't help people who get scammed.

And yet...

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Another Dev says they will try helping people who do?

Now I'm confused.

Hopefully I can clear a few things up for you.

1. Bex is not a dev

2. Scamming involves more than cross trading between leagues, in keeping with that Bex is correct.

3. Chris's stance on Cross League trading has been addressed multiple times, and I believe he has said they would like to have steps taken soon to try and curb it.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Hopefully I can clear a few things up for you.

1. Bex is not a dev

2. Scamming involves more than cross trading between leagues, in keeping with that Bex is correct.

3. Chris's stance on Cross League trading has been addressed multiple times, and I believe he has said they would like to have steps taken soon to try and curb it.

Thanks, so in other words this issue is being addressed.

Thanks for the clear up.
"
[...]

EDIT: IMO trading between leagues is un fair and should be bannable offense.

[...]

Chris, the GGGuy, hinted that he dislikes the cross-league trading and feels like it is cheating.

Maybe they bury down the Cross-League trading forum for good on release
and make it a ban-able offense after an initial warning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info