It has begun (QQ & ladder reset)

So, it has begun!
How has been your first day after patch reset?
I was really surprised by the speed of players like Metronomy or Panda.
When I was still in Normal they put their feet in Ruthless.
Amazing and big gratz to you all.

I have had lot of fu today.
I would have never imagined that a fresh start could have been so funny.

Seeing the speed of the above players I wasn't even caring about the ladder, thinking (omg I don't stand a chance). Instead I found myself at 13th place (at the moment writing). I've a job and real life as well so I won't think I'll be able to keep the spot for one long week, but it gave my a smile anyway.

I love the new tree as well. Actually they buffed my build, adding some useful nodes (hybrid armor build).

So, I wish you the best, and if you play hardcore like me, play safe!!! (Today two people I played with died in front of my eyes, at Merveil and Vaal respectively... RIP my dear friends)
lol, so im a bit confused, is this the big 'open beta reset'?
but theres no act3 yet so does that mean they will wipe the characters again for that patch??
"
Thugnificent wrote:
but theres no act3 yet so does that mean they will wipe the characters again for that patch??

No, it's not the open beta yet. there has been a migration to Legacy Ladders which actually served as reset for default and Hardcore League.
Surely a good way to practice for the true Open Beta reset!
"
takisse wrote:
"
Thugnificent wrote:

No, it's not the open beta yet. there has been a migration to Legacy Ladders which actually served as reset for default and Hardcore League.

I have trouble seeing it that way. I'm simply not motivated to start brand new and get to endgame only to have them wiped in a month or two, and then do it again.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
takisse wrote:
"
Thugnificent wrote:

I have trouble seeing it that way. I'm simply not motivated to start brand new and get to endgame only to have them wiped in a month or two, and then do it again.

Haha same up, oh well I'll take a break until then!
"
Thugnificent wrote:
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
takisse wrote:

Haha same up, oh well I'll take a break until then!

Same. I might make a char and play a lil bit, but I wont play hard core, 10+ hours a day, until Open Beta reset.
Was in the top 5 for Hardcore with my Duelist Iao at around 12 hours, but died against a random rare outside of Kraityn. Well, at least I'm now in the top 10 for Default.

Overall I really like the changes, especially in the Duelist passives area. That new Diamond Skin and the Leather and Steel node near Berserking help my Shield Charge build substantially.

The new elemental resistances focus is fun, though I'm not so sure about 20/40/60 rather than 25/50/75. It probably has to do with how the enemies will be altered when Act 3 is introduced, so I'll have to wait until then to give my full opinion.
same name in-game
Splendid. All that levelling rush is back, grabbing every orb, every item is important, striving and rushing forwards. Haven't felt this since months. Got back from work, made it to level 20 and bloody hell, it is late.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
TheSwampDog wrote:

If it doesn't feel fun to start fresh then taking a break is probably best because you'll do it at least once more. That's a legitimate way to feel if you like to put a lot of effort into one character. There is also no guarantee they won't wipe again before open beta though Chris has mentioned that GGG has been trying really hard to avoid it.

I play the race leagues some as well as working on a "main" character because in some ways I think this game is more fun when you don't have a bunch of gear and skill gems stashed. Drops are more interesting/exciting when you don't have better items back in town. Reset is just another big race league to me.
Open beta is still BETA.
8 hours old character, level 9, barely leaves town.

Well, this seems familiar.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info